• ...
51
 1,533
 5,539

PreviousChapters Next
Tft7fuocfgjcotupi7t

"She's gone."

Sunset gave Pinkie the kind of flat look she'd learned to give Pinkie when she answered a question before it was asked. "No clue where she went, I imagine."

Pinkie shook her head. "Not one. She didn't say anything about it."

"Alright." Sunset had a look around the laboratory. "Do you want to fill me in on the situation?"

"Stella is actually an evil copy of Twilight and she has an illusion coil that makes her appear as whatever she wants to whoever she wants. We found a way to open the cube, she really didn't like that we did, and you heard what she said out there. In here she was holding us against the wall, but she did free the cities." Pinkie nodded to the stallion standing next to her. "He's the one who opened the cube. This is Sunset, by the way."

"Hello," the stallion greeted her. He tilted his head to a side. "You look slightly weird. Like parts of you are on the wrong side."

Sunset looked at Pinkie. Pinkie shrugged. "He sees things," she whispered. "Do you have any idea where Twilight might have gone?"

"Yes, actually," Sunset said. "Well, sort of. I don't know exactly where it would be, but I know why she'd go there, and roughly where it might be. If she's planning to actually fight against this Stella, she's going to want to talk things over with Celestia first. They're probably meeting somewhere halfway between here and Canterlot."

"We could always ask Sweetie Belle to spy on them," said Pinkie.

"Her coil, right?" Sunset shook her head. "I don't think they would want that, and she won't be gone for long. Although it honestly wouldn't surprise me if she was already figuring out a way to shield her conversations from that as well. If Stella found a way to make her bubbles coilproof like you told me then Twilight will get to it soon as well."

"If she survives tomorrow," the stallion noted.

"He and Stella have a history, apparently," said Pinkie Pie. "And he can see her even when she's hiding. His own coil, it's how he opened the box too. Also he swallowed a scale."

Sunset looked at him. "But why?"

"I had nowhere to put it," he said. "That's why I got myself pockets afterwards." He nodded towards his ill-fitting clothes.

"Right." Sunset nodded. "Starlight and Sunburst?"

From the air next to them a grey pegasus appeared. "Just informed them of what's going on," she said. She passed a letter to Sunset, then she was nowhere again.

Sunset looked at it. It bore Twilight's cutie mark on the outside. "Well, she's clearly not wasting any time." She opened it, and she began to read through it, while Pinkie peeked at it from over her shoulder. The stallion there with them was more preoccupied with watching the spot where the pegasus had disappeared.

Pinkie finished reading before Sunset did, but she waited for her before speaking.

PreviousChapters Next