• ...
51
 1,533
 5,537

PreviousChapters Next
Celebration

"And you don't know who it's up to either, right?" Twilight asked, almost taunting the stallion.

He nodded, not bothered by her tone. "I'm not sure if it is up to someone, really. It might all be predetermined. Or up to this creature's nature. Or up to pure chance."

"Every world is destroyed in its own way," Twilight said. "What about this one? More earthquakes? Will the planet break apart? Something else entirely?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

Twilight forced herself to not be bothered by the Charioteer's snark. She was starting to feel a mild itching in her hooves, but aside from that her spell still seemed to hold. "Is there a way for us to stop this?"

Thinking about it, the stallion sat down. "More than one, probably. And yes, because I know already you'll ask about it. Yes, getting rid of me would stop the process. You might still have the Behemoth to deal with in some form, but your world would be safe."

"You claim you're here to bring about the destruction of our world, and then tell us that defeating you is the key to stopping it." Twilight took a careful step forward. "It's almost as if you want us to attack you."

The Charioteer chuckled. "If I had wanted that, I would not have spent months here alone. I merely prefer to be honest."

Twilight briefly nibbled on the inside of her cheek. "Even if that's true, why would you not expect me to attack you right now?"

"Because you're not done asking questions, Twilight, and I'm not done giving answers. And I know you well enough." The Charioteer smirked. "I wonder, if Sombra had chosen to tempt rather than frighten, if things wouldn't have gone differently. I'm honestly surprised no one ever sought to exploit your thirst for knowledge. It would seem like such an obvious thing."

Twilight stood straighter. "Do you think I would have ever chosen knowledge over my friends?" she almost barked, clearly angered by the implication.

"Not at all," the Charioteer replied. "But I do know that you'll wait a few more minutes before you do anything against me. There's so much more I could tell you about, after all." His smile grew a little wider, and his gaze seemed to lose focus for a moment, like he was staring at something in the distance. "Sunburst is starting to worry, but you probably knew that already."

Twilight forced herself not to overanalyse what she thought she might be seeing, and instead focus on what it reminded her of. "I'll concede, you got me there. Let's talk coils then, shall we?"

"With pleasure. Just don't expect particularly great revelations on this front," the Charioteer replied. "If there's anything I really wanted you to know I would have already told you through the last visit I received. I'm not that much in need of being overly dramatic to sacrifice all convenience for the sake of it. Just most." He smiled, and gave a brief whispered chuckle.

PreviousChapters Next