• ...
51
 1,533
 5,537

PreviousChapters Next
Msr

"And what about the second plan?"

"Huh?"

"You said using the Elements was the first plan, what's the second one?" Lyra asked.

"Oh, right," Rarity said. "Sorry, I suppose I accidentally got a little sidetracked." She fidgeted a little with a piece of rubble under her hoof before walking again. "I'm not actually sure of the details myself. Twilight talked about it, but I don't really understand most of what she said, at least concerning the third plan. The second one's a little easier though. She's trying to banish Nightmare Moon."

"Banish her?" Bon Bon asked. "How?"

"Where to?" asked the stallion.

"Scales," said Rarity, answering the first question. "As far as I understood it at least. The plan is to trap Nightmare Moon behind a portal and leave her there."

"That sounds like it could work," Lyra said. She looked up ahead, towards the sky. "Doesn't look like it's happened just yet though, or else the sky would probably be clearer."

"It doesn't look like Princess Twilight has lost yet either," said Bon Bon. "I'd imagine things would be a lot worse right now if that was the case. To be honest, I'm quite surprised Nightmare Moon survived what she did, but I think that shows things would be pretty bad if she'd already won right now. Can I ask, if using the Elements was the first plan, why did Princess Twilight fight her like that?"

"I'm not sure how much that was part of the plan," Rarity said. "Princess Luna was supposed to keep her busy while the portals were dealt with, and then Twilight was supposed to do the same if the Bearers weren't all gathered yet. I think she saw what had happened to Princess Luna and she may have lost control of herself."

"That's honestly understandable," Lyra said. "I think I'd have probably done the same in her place, and I didn't even see it happen properly. We just saw the aftermath when we got back, and it was still stunning to hear Princess Luna survived. She didn't look good at all when we got there."

"She looked even worse before that," Rarity said. "I was truly worried we might have lost her."

A few moments of silence later, as the group kept walking, the stallion spoke again. "What about the third plan?"

Rarity clicked her tongue, scrunching up her face for a moment. "I don't really understand it, like I said. It's magic too complicated for me. Something to do with Nightmare Moon's magical ties, and Twilight's research into different ways to control the portals between different worlds after what she saw in the other version of the Crystal Empire. What I do know for sure is that it's risky."

"What kind of risky?" asked Bon Bon.

"It'll take a lot of magic, if Twilight chooses to resort to it. Even with all the preparation she's done, she's not sure she'll be able to pull it off. I don't know if she's even sure it can work."

"Well, we best hope it does," said Lyra. "Or hope that she doesn't need to try that."

PreviousChapters Next