• ...
51
 1,533
 5,539

PreviousChapters Next
Babylon

"You know, I've come to realise something," Rainbow Dash said, leaning out against the edge of the bed.

"What is that?" Trixie asked. She was practicing card tricks over the table, carefully waiting to hear the kettle whistle.

"I know you," Rainbow Dash said.

Trixie actually dropped one of her cards. "Dash. You should honestly thank whatever higher forces you believe in that you know how to give good head, because the contents of yours are tragically empty."

"No, I mean-" Rainbow snapped her fingers a couple of times. "Of course I know who you are. But what I meant is that I know you. Like, really know you. I know you better than probably anyone else knows you, and the only person I know better than you is myself."

"Oh." Trixie picked back up her card. "That's actually surprisingly deep coming from you. I guess that's your smart moment for the month."

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Could you stop being so snarky for once?"

"Please, Dash." Trixie began to practice on a different trick. "Everybody knows that I'm the brain of this couple, and you're the tongue."

Rainbow stuck said tongue out in response. "I'm the muscle too, you slut."

"Only when I'm in the mood." Trixie chuckled. "I've seen how much you don't mind my rope tricks, after all." She smirked.

Rainbow couldn't help herself from smiling and chuckling too. Then she took a breath and got relatively serious again. "There's something else, too."

"What is it?" Trixie said, shuffling her cards.

"I think I could destroy you."

The sound of Trixie's hands moving went missing for a few solid seconds. The kettle's whistle broke the silence. "Go on," Trixie said, standing up to attend to it.

"I don't think I would ever want to," Rainbow clarified. "But I know you well enough that I could. The girls, the other people I know, them with words I could just hurt. Maybe a lot, especially Fluttershy or Twilight, but it would end our friendship and end there. But you..." She stood up, and paced a bit around the room. "I know you too well," she said. "I could cut you too deep. I could wreck you."

Trixie poured out her tea into two cups. "You're probably right," she said, setting down the kettle. "I guess that's more of a good thing than it is a bad thing. Trust and stuff."

"I don't think I ever would," Rainbow said. "Not even if I suddenly hated you. I'd probably say some petty shit about your card tricks, but I'll have cared for you too much the way I do right now to ever hit you that deep." She sat down, and gently blew over her teacup. "But I still don't think it's right. Having that much power over someone, only specifically to do that. It's not even exciting at that point. It's just scary."

Trixie sat down as well. "It is pretty frightening to think about." She blew over the tea in her cup too. "But at least I'm glad that with me it's with you."

PreviousChapters Next