• ...
51
 1,533
 5,538

PreviousChapters Next
Clock

"You said this mare looks like me, right?"

"Mostly. Like I said, the colour is a little off."

"Any idea of who or what she might really be?"

"None at all, but she is really pretentious and egocentric. She must be fuming that things aren't going her way right now."

"I do wonder if Chrysalis had anything to do with it. What did you say about me telling you to do something?"

"You're the one who asked me to come warn you. And some other stuff, you had me rig up some ruins next to where Wick lives. But maybe you haven't done any of those things yet."

"And you know it was me how? You didn't even recognise me immediately."

"Well, they made a very convincing argument for being you. And Stella couldn't fool me, so I'm probably good at recognising ponies."

"What's with the clothes?"

"Pockets. I needed pockets to keep stuff. I couldn't swallow it all after all. I did swallow that white shiny thing I found back then. But that was different. I didn't want someone to steal it. Scarlet says I got weird since the Behemoth came to Canterlot. I miss Scarlet. I should write to her. I should go back sometime."

"Right. You... Shiny white thing? What did it look like?"

"White and shiny, and all colours of the rainbow when you looked at it right. Flat, almost, about a hoof in size. Kinda like a piece of bark, or a stone consumed by the waves. It felt like it was calling to me when I found it. Like it was meant to be mine."

"You swallowed a scale. I... Okay. We'll look into that when lives aren't on the line. What were you doing inside the wall? For how long?"

"It wasn't that long for me. Just a few minutes. Pinkie helped me complete a puzzle there, and then the wall opened, and I walked in. There was a room down there, with some instructions on the walls, I assumed you left them. Walked through the mirror and out the other side, up the stairs, and there I was on the ground before you. Very convenient timing on the whole thing."

"I did not know there was a room there. I'm pretty sure there's not a room there and there can't be one. What do you mean a puzzle?"

"A puzzle. I like puzzles. I see puzzles around. Like the one in the tree that got us here. It's a fun and useful pastime."

"Who was that friend you said you had who said you were weird?"

"Scarlet Ribbon. Childhood friend of mine. Charming mare, and recently a doctor."

"I should write to her."

"Oh, please do. She'll enjoy knowing I'm doing alright, I'm sure. While you're at it, if you could write to my friend Wick Clip as well, I think she'd appreciate it too. She looked really sorry when I had to leave."

"I'll see what I can do about that."

PreviousChapters Next