• ...
51
 1,533
 5,537

PreviousChapters Next
Deylyvyrynx (pronounced as 'deliverance')

She'd found the perfect spot, and the perfect time for it. Just one more day of waiting before she could set things in motion. No pony would get physically hurt, but they would get scared, and that was exactly what she wanted. If things went well, some might be less than a metre away from the edge of the affected area when she eventually set it off.

There was an empty house down a street in the middle of the city. No one lived there, it was up for sale. No one had bought it yet, no one would be there. There were ongoing works right in front of it, pipes beneath the road needed to be checked and repaired and the road needed to be fixed, a leak had been found. The ponies working there would take a break to eat, and go to a nearby restaurant. The road would obviously be closed, ponies directed elsewhere, leaving no one there to be harmed by her spell.

Planting the scale would also be trivial. She hadn't done so yet, no point in rushing things there, but it would be as easy as getting into the building and leaving it there. No one would see her, no one would suspect anything. She would most likely do it during the night, just to bring the chances of being spotted to a minimum and to still give herself more than enough time if anything else came up. No one else would get in there, and if someone did by some odd occurrence she would be there to see it.

She'd plant it near the wall facing the portion of the road being worked on. The blast would take away almost the whole house, and almost the whole road in front of it. It would stop before reaching the wall of the building on the other side, and similarly it wouldn't damage the ones sitting on either side of the house she was targeting. There could be ponies there, and that was to be avoided for the time being. It would be a smaller blast than the one in the forest, but she knew that level of control would only scare Twilight more.

After setting it off, she'd quickly recover and hide the scale, then she'd watch and wait. She already had plans for her first official declaration on the matter, but those wouldn't come into play immediately. It wasn't until the evening that she was planning to push out her statement, though she could move that further in the future if Twilight took too long in getting there. She suspected that wouldn't be the case however, the alicorn had most likely asked specifically for any other instances of similar happenings to be reported directly to her.

Stella was almost curious to see how she would react. Almost. But she already knew how things would play out. It was less about curiosity, and more wanting to finally see them realised. It would be fun.

PreviousChapters Next