• ...
51
 1,533
 5,537

PreviousChapters Next
Lost

She wasn't sure if anyone had ever visited that cave, though she doubted it. With the way water prevented access to the section she was in, it was unlikely that even a swimmer good enough to get through or a unicorn who knew the right spells would have randomly tried to get in alone. No sings were there of any creatures having been there, so a proper scientific expedition was also likely out of the question. She may very well have been the first sapient creature there in centuries, maybe millenia.

It would have made for a nice spot to keep her laboratory in, a scenic one too. But she didn't really need it. She had everything she needed in her briefcase, and she could just carry it around and set it up wherever needed. A static base would have brought some unnecessary complications and no real benefits, so it wasn't really an option worth considering. Maybe one day, when things were different.

She ventured deeper into the cave, casting light from her horn to shine the way and keeping herself floating a little above ground with her wings. The stone was rather humid and slippery, as could be expected, and it could be dirty too. She'd rather avoid it altogether, and avoid touching everything in general. She didn't care too much about preserving the place, but aimlessly damaging it just out of carelessness would have been a foolish thing to do. She didn't want that.

PreviousChapters Next