• ...
51
 1,533
 5,539

PreviousChapters Next
Transfusion

Rainbow came up like a drowning mare coming up from the water back to air, her mane whipped backwards and it was damp and heavy and a moment later it wasn't and there weren't any drops sprayed on the walls or ceiling. She was panting, unfocused, staring at the ground, and she couldn't tell which of her wounds were real and which she was only feeling.

She still couldn't tell that as she regained herself enough and looked down, but the growing puddle of blood under her legs and staining her coat told her she didn't have time to figure it out. She sprang up and immediately it was like someone had shoved a blade of boiling water inside of her belly, which at least told her exactly where the main wound was.

Limping and dripping blood she made her way to the bathroom. She grabbed a towel and pressed it against the gash and threw another under a stream of cold water, and she began to rifle through the drawers. The towel came off, drenched in blood. She threw it in the bathtub and grabbed the second, and shut the water flow. She only held it there for a bit, with her wing.

Off it came when she had everything she needed. Disinfectant over her wound while lying on her back, and over the smaller cuts she could spot, too. Gauze and bandages applied somewhat haphazardly, but enough to stop the blood flow from continuing. She weakly lifted herself and opened the water again, and drank a some of it, forcing herself not to vomit. Once she was done she closed the tap and returned to lying on the floor. She was shaking and feeling herself pass out, but others would be there soon enough. She would be okay.

PreviousChapters Next