• ...
51
 1,533
 5,539

PreviousChapters Next
Imaginations from the Other Side - Episode 6

"Does anyone else feel like our lives have been a bit dull lately? Like, duller than they'd gotten already?" Rainbow asked, lazily tapping on her phone.

"I honestly don't know where you got the impression our lives were dull in recent times," said Rarity, glancing in Twilight's direction. "But personally, I quite enjoy some peace and quiet once in a while."

Twilight caught wind of what the unicorn was implying. "Don't look at me like that. You can't deny we used to get up to much more exciting things than managing cupcake sales. Not that you were very helpful with the latter." She looked at Pinkie, behind the counter. "I'm not saying I don't like helping you. It's just that it seems like something is missing. I agree with Rainbow, recent weeks have been particularly boring."

Rarity rolled her eyes. "And you can't deny that those old adventures were dangerous, and far from the norm. As I've said, I'm rather happy we don't have a need for such things nowadays. If you so desperately need excitement you can find it in media. Does reading no longer entertain you?"

Twilight also rolled her eyes. "Way to divert the subject. But since I can see where you're going already, I'll concede, you do have a point for now. The story does seem to be going somewhere. It's not a direction I expected it to go in for at least half of what is currently happening, but it's all clearly in focus. For now."

Rarity pursed her lips. "Always a downer, aren't you?"

"I don't feel the need to cheer at signs of basic standards being met," Twilight replied.

Rarity rolled her eyes again. "Don't you have potions to brew with your new teacher? That at least can give you something to do if you're so bored."

"Potion Nova is out of town for the week. And I'm not allowing myself into her laboratory, I've blown up enough buildings for a lifetime."

"What does count as enough buildings blown up for a lifetime?" Pinkie wondered with a hoof to her chin, leaning over the counter as she set down a drink she'd just finished mixing.

"I'd say less than one," Trixie replied from a table to the side of the room, near a window. She took another sip from her glass.

"Trixie!" Twilight exclaimed, noticing her.

"She's been here for ten minutes," said Pinkie.

The door to the shop opened, and in walked Fluttershy, nervously looking around the place.

"Is something wrong?" Rainbow asked, noticing her concerned expression.

"I can't find Applejack anywhere," Fluttershy replied, walking up to the counter to sit down in front of it. "I've asked Apple Bloom and she doesn't know either. Now we're both looking for her. I hoped she would be here."

"Have you tried asking Discord? He might help, if it's you," Twilight said.

Fluttershy shook her head. "He's out of town."

Rarity sighed. "Well, you wished for something exciting, no?" She stood up from her seat. "Come on everypony. We have a friend to find!" She posed dramatically in front of the newly appeared background, while a small fanfare played.

"Do I have to come as well?"

Maintaining her pose and head still, Rarity looked to the side towards Trixie. "No, you can stay. We'd appreciate the help but we won't force you to."

Trixie took another sip of her drink.

PreviousChapters Next