• ...
51
 1,533
 5,538

PreviousChapters Next
Soft Regression

Twilight found Sugarcoat on a bench, sipping on a chocolate mint milkshake, staring aimlessly at the empty parking lot. She would have preferred to meet her sooner, but the other had insisted that she should focus on the portal first, and so Twilight had. Now that had been temporarily secured, with more proper measures on their way, and so it was finally time to have a chat.

"Hello," Sugarcoat said, as Twilight sat down beside her.

"Hello," came Twilight's attempt at a reply. She stared for a moment at the shop behind the bench, where Sugarcoat had gotten her milkshake from. "Do you want to talk about it now?"

Sugarcoat kept drinking for a moment, possibly mulling over her answer. "I still don't know."

Twilight almost cringed at that. "Well... Do you want to tell me more about what things are like on the other side of the portal?" she tried, in an attempt to get the conversation going in some direction.

"There's a town, like I said. Pretty big. Lots of weird crystal buildings."

"Oh! That must be the Crystal Empire," Twilight said. "Sunset has told me about it. It's interesting that a portal could lead there too." She gave a small giggle. "Thought I suppose it would make sense, Crystal Prep after all."

Sugarcoat didn't even look at Twilight, instead drinking some more of her milkshake, and the other girl's smile slowly turned awkward.

"So, um..." Twilight trailed off, drawing circles in the ground with a foot, trying to think about what more she could ask. "Why were you near Crystal Prep?"

There was a faint, barely audible clink, as Sugarcoat's teeth closed in on the edge of the glass, and for the first time Twilight saw something she didn't recognise on the girl's face. "Why do you think I was there?" Sugarcoat half-yelled, half-asked a moment later, her tone rushed and annoyed.

Twilight drew back slightly, frowning. "Sorry. Yeah, I suppose you would have reasons to visit, unlike me."

Sugarcoat looked away, and said nothing for a bit. Then, wanting to take the conversation elsewhere, she spoke again. "I'm a unicorn on the other side."

"Really? Well, I guess I don't have much to go by on what type of pony one should be," Twilight said. "So you can use magic there?"

"I suppose so." Sugarcoat went back to staring in front of them, and took another sip. "I didn't try though. I wouldn't know where to start."

Twilight adjusted her glasses. "Believe me, I know what that's like."

"I got a lot of stares," Sugarcoat continued. "Mostly towards the thighs. I think it had to do with how I seemed to be the only horse without any symbols there."

Twilight frowned as she heard that. "Sunset told me something about those. They're called cutie marks, I think. And I don't think it's normal for someone to not have one." She took out her phone and began to type a message to her girlfriend, asking for details.

Sugarcoat finished the last of her milkshake. "I enjoyed being there." She turned towards Twilight. "Do you think I could go back?"

PreviousChapters Next