• ...
51
 1,533
 5,539

PreviousChapters Next
Antimony

Twilight slowly opened her eyes. She expected to see golden light, like what had seemed to be passing through her eyelids, in truth shining behind them while she was still unconscious. Instead the first thing she saw was pink. A large, blurry mass of pink, with some blue around the edges that she realised had to be the sky. She didn't need to hear anything to know what she was looking at. "Did you know there are some ants who will fill themselves up with food and bloat their bodies, then hang themselves from the ceiling of a room in their nest and regurgitate the food out to other ants who come to them?"

Pinkie was about to yell in joy and jump up, but she paused at those words. "No, actually. I didn't know that," she said, confused.

"If we were ants, Pinkie," Twilight continued between heavy breaths, "I think you'd be one of those ants." She smiled.

Pinkie wasn't any less confused, but she too smiled back after a moment, looking at Twilight's eyes. She dove forward and knocked the air out of the alicorn's lungs, and pulled her up to hug her. "Oh I am so so so so so so so so glad you're okay!" she said, squeezing Twilight and slowly twirling around. Eventually she let go of her, still smiling and almost giggling.

"I'm glad too," Twilight said, "and I'm glad you're okay as well."

Said that, she turned around, and spotted the pony she knew was there as well. She'd healed her, after all. But before she could take a step farther, she was tackled to the ground again by a blue and silver blur. "Twilight!" the pegaus screamed. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm happy to see you too," Twilight pushed out. Somehow, Rainbow was squeezing even tighter than Pinkie, and her armour made for a far less comfortable surface to be held against. She weakly tapped against her breast, and eventually Rainbow let go of her.

Twilight found her footing again. She looked around, and saw Rarity just there, smiling at her. "I too am quite happy to see you're okay," said the unicorn, nodding politely. Then, after a moment of hesitation, with an odd expression on her face, she too closed the distance and hugged Twilight. Just a little, not to act undignified for too long, but she hugged tight. Twilight felt all the worry Rarity had felt for her carried through that hug.

Rarity left her. Twilight spotted other ponies getting closer, ponies she certainly wouldn't deny more hugs to, her brother and sister-in-law among them. But before they got there, she knew she had some time, so she turned and approached the one pony there who hadn't done so with her. "Thank you," she said, stepping closer.

Celestia did not reply. She barely looked at Twilight, but she did give her a subtle nod. The signs of her torture were still clear on her body, but her expression was, while melancholic, serene, in a way.

Twilight stepped closer still, silently. She extended a wing. Bright, warm golden light shone between the two alicorns, and Celestia looked surprised for just a split second. "This belongs to you," Twilight said after the light had faded. She looked at the black mark on Celestia's chest. "We will need to reconsider the terms of our relationship, I believe."

PreviousChapters Next