• ...
51
 1,533
 5,537

PreviousChapters Next
Sky

"Do think you could keep a manateeagle as a pet?"

Soarin' shrugged. "You can probably keep anything as a pet if you know what you're doing. I've seen manticores and cockatrices kept as pets, and that's just in Ponyville."

"Ponyville isn't exactly the average standard for Equestria," Lightning replied. "It's anything but, I would even say. Just look at the kind of ponies that come from there."

"You're not wrong." Soarin' took a peek out of the cave, only to confirm the flock was still soaring overhead. "Wanna play something to pass the time?"

"Did you bring any cards?" Lightning asked.

Soarin' shook his head. "I never was one for card games, anyway. I was thinking we could just trace something on the ground or something."

"That sounds like something foals would do," Lightning said.

Soarin' looked at her. "Do you have a better alternative?"

Lightning paused to think for a moment. She looked at Soarin', then at herself, then back to Soarin'. "Nah, not really now that you mention it. How long do you think we'll be stuck here for?"

"About an hour at the absolute worst, probably closer to twenty minutes or so." Soarin' adjusted his saddlebags near the wall to stop them from falling over. "I guess we could always just talk. Do you have anything interesting to tell me?"

"Everything exciting about my life nowadays happens during work hours, I'm pretty sure you've heard or lived it all by now." Lightning leaned back against the wall of the cave. "What about you?"

PreviousChapters Next