• ...
51
 1,533
 5,537

PreviousChapters Next
Yr

"I don't," Pinkie said. "What is there to see, exactly? Is there a pony I'm not seeing? Is there another pony I should be organising a party for? I really hope I didn't miss out on giving them their party."

"I don't think she cares," said the stallion. "She might not even want a party."

"But that's horrible!" Pinkie whisper-yelled. "We should give her a party to convince her to enjoy parties."

"We should not." The stallion began to slowly and carefully walk down the road towards the thing only he was seeing. "Trust me, you probably don't want to throw her a party anyway."

Pinkie's face turned into a sad frown at that. "But everyone deserves parties. I'm going to throw her a party someday." She looked ahead again. "Once I can actually see her. Who is she, anyway?"

"Stella." The stallion quietly continued to approach, watching as the alicorn in question walked further down the road in front of them.

Pinkie took out a notebook and a pencil and wrote the name down along with some notes, then stuffed both back into her mane. "Who is Stella? Is she a friend of yours? Is she a ghost? Is that why I can't see her? Do you know how to see ghost?"

"She's more of a chameleon, really." The stallion took out a small mirror from his saddlebags and used it to get a look at the street where Stella was while hiding behind the corner of a building.

"I thought she was a pony." Pinkie remained hidden at the stallion's side, though she didn't know why they were hiding.

"She is a pony, yes." Once he'd confirmed that she wasn't looking their way, the stallion peeked behind the corner. "Or at least she mostly looks like one. On the outside at least. I'm not sure she really is one."

"Oh." Pinkie also took a quick peek past the corner. "I still don't see her. How come you can see her? How come I can't see her? Can other creatures see her?"

"Hmm." The stallion kept looking, but didn't start walking forward yet. "I can because I can, you can't because she doesn't want you to, and other creatures can only see her if she wants them too."

"Oh." Pinkie stood at his side, still squinting to try to spot the pony. "Does she not want you to see her?"

"I think she doesn't want anyone to see her right now." The stallion swallowed. He wasn't exactly sure of what to do. He looked at Stella a moment longer, then hid behind the corner again. "Do you have a place for me to stay near Ponyville?" he asked Pinkie. Then he looked at the street again, just in time to see Stella rounding a corner. Biting the inside of his cheek, he began to follow her again.

Pinkie walked alongside him, thinking. "I might know someplace, yes. Why? Do you need a place to stay?"

"I might," the stallion replied, peeking with his mirror past another corner.

PreviousChapters Next