• ...
51
 1,533
 5,538

PreviousChapters Next
yadm;IS

"Looks like it won't be hard to open," said Stellaria, examining the locked door in front of her. "Not for me, at least. Some more protection charms on the other side, but those will be easy to deal with as well."

Chrysalis looked around the hallway before speaking, to make sure no one else was close. "When are we taking them?"

"Overmorrow," Stella replied, ending her magical scanning. "During the night. No one expects you to be here for long tomorrow, and I'll have time to make sure the escape route is planned out. It gives us time if something comes up tomorrow that we need to plan around, and lets you set things up properly."

Chrysalis bit her lower lip. "Why not just take one of the ones they're using right now and leave?" she asked.

"They'd find us too quickly." Stella began to walk down the corridor, back towards the laboratories. "We need time to disappear from their tracks. The sooner they realise something went wrong, the sooner they'll be after us."

Chrysalis began to follow Stellaria. "There must be an alarm system. Are you sure you'll be able to take care of that?"

Stella actually stopped walking as Chrysalis finished her sentence. "I'm sure there is one, yes. And I'm sure Twilight designed it herself." She looked back towards the changeling. "Do not suggest that I wouldn't be able to outdo something she's done. You're still the expendable part of this operation."

Chrysalis physically recoiled at the venom in Stella's tone and the fire in her eyes. "I didn't mean to," she stammered out. "I was just saying, it would be easier to take a scale now and run than to have to deal with every other security measure. I thought one would be enough for what you're planning."

"It would." Stella turned, and started walking again. "But good enough is not good enough for what I want, Chrissy. Things will be much easier going forward the more of them I get my hooves on, and it'll be that much bigger of a blow on Twilight." She practically spat out the name.

Chrysalis swallowed, still following Stellaria if more reluctantly. "What do you... What have you figured out about this situation, that she hasn't yet? Long term consequences, what is going to happen once you have those scales and why we're taking them. What do you know about the Behemoth that Twilight doesn't?"

"Hah! Now you're starting to worry about long term consequences? The improvement would be admirable if the circumstances didn't make it look pathetic." Stella kept on walking without turning back. "You really think I'd tell you? I'm not letting information fall into the hooves of someone who might be desperate enough to crawl back to Twilight and beg forgiveness. I don't need you to know, I just need you to obey orders. You should remember your place."

Chrysalis swallowed again, and didn't answer. Not that she could have said much, as the two of them had gotten close enough to the laboratories for other ponies to be there. She waved at them, and tried to put on her best expression. She still had the rest of the day to get through.

PreviousChapters Next