• ...
51
 1,533
 5,539

PreviousChapters Next
Dance the Death of Fading Peace of Mind

The two guards sat down on the grass, although collapsed might have been a better term. Still panting, both of them silently looked towards the castle and the thing near it. "Well that was... something," the first one said after a while.

"Yep," replied the other. "Definitely something." He kept looking at the creature as its shape seemed to flare in and out of sight. "What the fuck."

The first guard looked at him, but seemed to pause for a moment. "Yeah, okay. Appropriate here." Then he looked around, noticing the crowd that was gathered in the park. "I hope no foals heard you say that."

"I ought to not be the only one," the second guard said. Then he too had a look around. "Isn't that one of Princess Twilight Sparkle's friends?" he asked, pointing at a white unicorn with a purple mane.

"Huh." His friend looked in the same direction. "Yeah, I think so. Ra-something, wasn't it?"

The stallion put a hoof under his chin. "Rainbow Dash?"

That got him a weirded out look from his companion. "No. Rainbow Dash is the one with the rainbow mane. And she's a pegasus. And a member of the Wonderbolts."

"You know I never cared for sports."

"That is massively beside the point." The stallion looked back towards the distant unicorn, and was silent for a few moments longer. "Rarity!" he finally exclaimed, standing up.

The other looked to her as well. "I guess she does look like a Rarity."

"What does that even mean?"

"I mean..." The stallion waved a hoof towards Rarity. "Look at her."

"That's what I'm doing. Your point?" The other stallion looked back at him.

The guard just sighed. "Forget it." He looked back to the castle instead. "So... What now?"

"That is a great question," said the other. "And I don't have an answer for it."

"Well, at least we're alright." The stallion shrugged.

"That we are." The other guard nodded. "That we are." His gaze swept over the park. "And hopefully, so is everyone else in town."

"Hopefully." The stallion stood up. "We should help out." He looked towards the Behemoth once more, and at the trail of destruction it had left behind. "And we'd rebuilt town less than a year ago, too."

PreviousChapters Next