• ...
51
 1,533
 5,539

PreviousChapters Next
Huefology

Brush looked to the sky, and predictably no one was there. "I think I saw them over there," said Dust, nodding to the side, past a corner.

"We won't get another chance." Brush began to run that way. If they waited any further, they'd lose their pony anyway, so they had to follow the lead they had and hope.

Dust for once took the lead, knowing where they had to go and needing to get there as quickly as possible he allowed himself to outrun her. If he'd mentally kept track of things right, the pony still only had a few seconds left with their cloak on, and if they got to see them before they realised it was gone that would still be significant information. He rounded the corner and again looked around.

He didn't spot movement immediately, hidden in shadows near the far wall, but as the cloack disappeared from over the pony's body the sudden change drew his eyes in and they settled on the pegasus climbing upwards up ahead and to the side. He immediately began to run there, and Brush, just a moment behind him, saw where he was heading and followed.

At that distance it wasn't a sure thing, but it looked like they were chasing a mare. Her coat was somewhere between bronze and gold, and her tail shades of black and grey. Notably she wore a green shirt, had a few satchels around her waist, and a small and primitive backpack on her back from where the edge of the jewel she'd stolen could just barely be seen as the light caught it and bounced off of it. She realised after a few moments that her cloak was no longer there, and after stopping in confusion she saw the two unicorns running towards her, and immediately went back to climbing up to the roof.

Brush and Dust realised then that for whatever reason she seemed unable to use her wings, at least to take off. Maybe she'd hurt them before leaving the makeshift infirmary, maybe while jumping out the window. Whatever the case, she wasn't getting away skywards just yet, neither was she ascending the wall as quickly as she otherwise could have.

That allowed them to get closer. As she somewhat slowly moved upwards, they quickly closed the horizontal distance. "I've got a plan," Brush said as she pushed herself to match Dust's speed. "You'll need to tackle her when she gets to the roof. Do you think you can do that?"

Dust judged the distance, then felt out his horn by pushing some magic through it. His eyes settled on the jewel. "Yes."

"Good." Brush smirked. A moment later, the jewel was around her neck. "As soon as she gets up there."

It only took a moment longer. The pegasus began to disappear past the edge of the roof as the unicorns neared the bottom of the wall. Dust's horn lit up, and he crossed the distance in a flash.

PreviousChapters Next