• ...
51
 1,533
 5,539

PreviousChapters Next
Dwel

A bar. Sundown in the distance, the sky turning slowly from orange to purple. No ponies outside, but the door was open. Voices quiet coming from the candle-lit interior. She wore a black cape fashioned out of cloth she'd stolen and rope she'd cut herself. The city somewhat far, trees around and a dusty road ahead towards the forest. She'd stolen some food early that day. Not enough for a full meal, but better than nothing. Better that way. Better if she kept herself hungry for what was about to happen.

She walked in. No one seemed to notice her, or if they did they did not look at her. About a dozen ponies there. No, she needed to be precise. A proper look around from underneath her hood. Eleven ponies. Three at a table to her left near the entrance, two pegasi and an earth pony. One alone to a table to her right, a unicorn, midway through the building. Two earth ponies at a table close to the counter, looking at each other, maybe a couple. A couple of stallions close together at the counter, to the side, both unicorns. Two more ponies, a pegasus and another unicorn, sitting at the counter too, a couple seats away from each other. An earth pony behind the counter.

She got up on a stool next to the unicorn, her back to the counter, the cape still hiding her features. She sat there for a bit, watching others watch her before they went back to looking at themselves. She could tell the one behind the counter was eyeing her too. She watched him by looking to her side, his reflection in the unicorn's glass. She looked straight out the door from her seat. Just a little more. The lamp outside the building was already lit. The sky turned dark.

Cozy Glow pulled back her hood. A few gasps, followed by a few more as those who had not being watching her turned to do so. She leaned back against the counter to stare at the barpony's eyes, leaning her head back to watch him upside down. Everything went silent, the quiet chatter dying down. "Got something to drink?" she asked nonchalantly, eyeing some of the bottles on the wall.

The stallion chewed air for a moment, then took a deeper breath and settled down in his skin. He was about to speak, his expression resolute, but Cozy moved quicker than his tongue did. A glint of silver light in the candles' amber glow as her wing darted out from beneath her cape. The unicorn at her side rolled to the floor, clutching the bleeding wound on his neck with his hooves and sputtering and rattling in choking pain.

Cozy casually licked off the blood from the glass shards she held in her feathers, then her wings slid back into her cloack. "Give me a glass of the strongest stuff you have." She sat up. "Take care of him," she said to the frozen ponies in the bar. "Try to touch me and you're next." She turned around to face the barpony again. "I'll need food. Nothing that's going to quickly spoil."

PreviousChapters Next