• ...
51
 1,533
 5,538

PreviousChapters Next
Salt

Sunset softly sat onto the bed, and leaned forward to check if Twilight was still awake or not. "Are you okay?" she asked, finding she had yet to fall asleep.

"Not really," Twilight replied. "But it's nothing a good night of rest can't fix. I'm just... drained is how I'd put it, I guess."

"You've been working all day long." Sunset lay down and draped an arm over Twilight's body. "You deserve some sleep."

"It feels like I'm missing something," Twilight said, leaning back into Sunset's body. "Everything was working out right with the model, and now I've suddenly hit a snag. It feels like I skipped over a step somewhere along the way and suddenly I'm not on the right path anymore."

"Whatever it is, you won't manage to find out without a clear head," Sunset said, more quietly as she was speaking almost directly to Twilight's ear. "I can try to help you with it tomorrow."

"I don't want the other Twilight to get involved," Twilight said. It was clear from her tone that she was starting to fall asleep. "I know she'll want to help if you bring this up with her. She's got enough on her plate already, I don't want to bother her."

"I'll make sure not to bring it up with her, if we don't have to," Sunset replied. With her free hand she began to run her fingers through Twilight's hair.

Twilight seemed like she wanted to say something. But after staying open for a couple of seconds, her mouth only let out a yawn.

Sunset kept holding her, and soon she could feel the rumbling of Twilight's chest against hers as the girl began to snore lightly.

PreviousChapters Next