• ...
51
 1,533
 5,538

PreviousChapters Next
Polychrome

Rainbow Dash leaned back in her seat, clutching her milkshake in her hand as she sipped from it. "Got any plans for the day?" she asked to the girl sitting in front of her.

Pinkie Pie shook her head. "Not really. Why? Do you have something in mind?"

"Not really." Rainbow drank some more of her milkshake. "How's your ice-cream?"

"Sweet," answered Pinkie. "But not as sweet as you are." With the tips of her index and middle finger she picked up some of the whipped cream that covered her chocolate ice-cream, and then gently placed it on Rainbow's nose.

The girl was still and silent for a moment. "I'm not sure how I'm supposed to process this," she finally said, staring at the whipped cream. She tried to reach it with her tongue, without success.

"Sometimes you just feel compelled into a given course of action by forces outside of your own universe dictating the flow of your existence. And maybe sometimes the feeling is right." Pinkie licked her fingers clean, then picked up her spoon. "This is probably a dream anyway."

Rainbow finally surrendered, and used her hand to clean her nose. Then her mouth to clean her hand. "And whose dream is it?"

"I have no idea." Pinkie ate a spoonful of ice-cream. "Sometimes life keeps you busy for your whole day and leaves you drained and tired with only a short time to do something you need done before the day ends. Sometimes you're possessed by a creature from another reality that speaks through you. Sometimes your cat starts shaking." She ate another. "The door is behind me and I'm not looking at it. I can't see outside, and as far as I know there is no outside. Just here, just now, just you and me and nothing else."

Rainbow Dash finished her milkshake, and set the glass down on the table. "I'm not looking at the door right now. I could, but that would mean no longer looking at you. I don't know if there is an outside either, and I don't know if I would be allowed to look and find out. I don't care. I don't want to look away. And if this is a dream, I don't want to wake up."

"And what do you want to do, if this is a dream?"

"I want to be with you, and love you, and feel your skin against mine and your breath on my face and your hair as it tangles with mine and your taste under my lips as I make love to you."

"And what if this isn't a dream?"

"Then I will be happy."

Standing up, leaning over the table, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie embraced each other and kissed and hugged, pulling their bodies closer with their arms, melting into each other over the table as outside the door stars flowed upwards through the hourglass of dimensions and Harmony sang with its choir in the upper layers of reality.

PreviousChapters Next