• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,866 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,866

PreviousChapters Next
Thanksgiving 2023

0430 EST
Washington, DC

Seven figures slipped between the shadows. Quickly they darted across the street, huddling under a burnt-out streetlamp.

A car approached.

The seven figures dove behind a bush.

The car passed by.

The seven figures emerged again.

“So, are we ready to do this, y’all?”

“According to my calculations, we’ve got a ten-minute window to get in and get out.”

“On it!” The girl held up a gun, and a moment later a grappling hook shot over the wall. Quickly she began scurrying up.

“Pinkie, darling! This is not the plan.”

“She’s going all Leeroy Jenkins on us. So not cool.”

“Rarity, can you create a shield to raise us over this wall?”

“Of course, Sunset.”

A diamond-shaped shield appeared and the six remaining figures floated over the wall.

“Where is it?”

“Fluttershy! I found it! This calls for a party!”

The seven huddled around the cage.

“Applejack, according to my analysis, you should be able to break the steel.”

“Ah’ll give it a try.”

Wrenching steel filled the air.

“Well, Fluttershy, do we have mission success?”

Gobble-gobble. Gobble-gobble.

“Ooh, aren’t you just the most precious birds. We’re here to save you from becoming Thanksgiving dinner.”


0900 EST

Two men stared at the cage with a big hole.

“That’s great! That’s just great! The turkeys are gone. Now what’s President Biden supposed to pardon? It’s tradition that the President of the United States issues a Thanksgiving pardon!”

The other man scratched his head. “Well... maybe he can pardon Trump?”

TV STATIC

Author's Note:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have a great holiday. BTW, it's not too late to sign up for the great Jinglemas secret-Santa story swap.

Dreadnought

PreviousChapters Next