• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,866 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,866

PreviousChapters Next
Pony Tales: Applejack

Author's Note:

Howdy Y'all!

I know it's been my turn at a chapter for a while, but with all the planting an farmwork an harvesting, I haven't had much time to write. I also wasn't sure what to write so I asked my friends for advice. Twilight thought it should have some shipping. Rarity wanted it to have culture, like Weathering Hoofs. Rainbow Dash said it should show how awesome she was. I thought about it, but nothing came to mind.

I asked my family what they thought. Apple Bloom wanted to be in it. Granny said it should have Sweet Apple Acres so we could get some free advertising. Big Mac suggested something epic, like that there board game he an Discord an Spike play. So, I finally sat down and wrote it. I hope y'all like it!

Applejack

Roar! The hydra rampaged through town, its heads whipping about like cornstalks in a tornado. Jaws snapped at anypony within reach.

"Rainbow Dash, distract the heads!" ordered Twilight.

"On it!" cried RD, swooping in and out. Jaws tried to bite that pony in half, but she was too fast.

"We've got to slow it down! Applejack - "

She didn't have to say anymore. I twirled my lasso an snared the tail an pulled on the rope with all my might.

The hydra charged forward. I was nearly dragged along with it, but I dug my hooves into the ground. That varmint wasn't going to get away from me!

Out of the corner of my eye, I say half a dozen party cannons firing confetti an cake at the belly of the beast firing. Then a large, colorful banner in a blue magic aura wrapped around the hydra's legs causing it to slam onto the ground.

After what seemed like forever, Twilight did some of her fancy unicorn magic and the hydra was fast asleep.

That night I trudged home in the dark. I was tired. I was dirty. I was sore in places I'd never been sore before. All I wanted was a hot meal, a warm bath, and a good nights sleep.

"Applejack! Are y'all alright?" asked Granny Smith as she eyed the black bruises over my body.

"I'm fine." I says.

"I heard there was a hydra." says Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, it was tearing up the town."

"I wanted to go see it, but Big Mac would let me." she pouted.

"Eeyup." he says.

I says, "Well, he's right on that. Taking down a hydra's a dangerous job."

"You do it." she says.

"Well, somepony had to do it."

"Eeyup."

"Isn't there a better way?" asked Granny Smith.

"I don't know," I rubbed my chin.

"I know!" says Apple Bloom.

"You do?"

"Leave it all to me! Zecora taught me a potion that will be a big help!"

A few weeks later, town got attacked again. A horde from the Storm King's - or should I say the former Storm King - army stormed into Ponyville when Twilight was in Canterlot.

"There's too many of them, even for me!" says Rainbow Dash.

Rarity wailed "Whatever shall we do?" like she does. You know what I mean. Though her fainting couch didn't show up.

I could tell we were in a real nasty fight. But then I remembered I had planned for another emergency. "I've got this!" I says. I put my hoof to my mouth and let out a loud whistle.

"What good is that going to do!" demands RD.

A moment later, there was a terrific roar and then these things come charging out of the forest.

"What are those?" asks RD.

"Apple Bloom created them with her potions. She calls them ents." I says.

The ents went to war and that was the shortest battle I've ever been in!

PreviousChapters Next