• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,865 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,865

PreviousChapters Next
At the bar

A brown earth pony sat at the bar, a mostly empty glass sitting before him, with just a little beer left. After staring off in space for a while, he downed the rest. "Another!" he yelled at the bartender.

"Make that two," said a sky-blue pegasus with a rainbow-colored mane.

Two glasses were produced. The stallion took a big draught. Setting down the glass, he watched as the mare chugged her beer.

Slamming down the glass, she barked, "Another!"

"Rough day?" aske the stallion.

"Yeah."

"Want to talk about it?"

The mare downed half her glass before wiping her mouth with her hoof. "I just lost my job."

"Sorry to hear that."

"Yeah, I should have known that doing a sonic rainboom in downtown Canterlot was going to be a bad idea. Soooo many shattered windows... and other damages." She took another swig. "Wonderbolts said their insurance would be too high on the team."

"That sucks. Now what for you?"

"Guess I'll go back home and get my old job back at the weather team." She finished her beer. "Another!" She turned to look at the stallion sitting next to her. "How 'bout you?"

"Me?"

"Looks like you got bucked in the gut."

"Yeah, you could say that."

A long silence passed.

"Well?" asked the impatient mare as she took a sip from her third beer.

"I ran the race of my life. Pushed myself hard against the other racers. And we're not talking fools from the backwaters - we're talking the best in the world. But I came in first. Best few minutes of my life. But then it was snatched away. Judges said I 'impeded' the other competitors - whatever that means. They disqualified me. First time in history the first pony across the finish line didn't win." He downed the rest of his glass.

"Yeah, life sucks." She paused in thought for a moment. She reached out a hoof, "I'm Rainbow Dash."

He took her hoof, "Maximum Security."

TV STATIC

Author's Note:

WARNING!!! SHAMELESS PLUG DETECTED!!!

Just wanted to mention I published my 40th, yes 40th, story! Check it out here.

PreviousChapters Next