• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,865 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,865

PreviousChapters Next
Wild Blue Yonder

Rainbow Dash had been waiting all year for another weekend in Las Pegasus with Gold Horseshoe Gals. The five of them had such a great time last year, this year would be totally awesome! And there would be no creepy, disembodied ghost heads of Applejack haunting her. She was totally going to cut loose. If Granny Smith wanted nachos, then she'd get a plate of nachos all the way to the sky! If Goldie Delicious wanted to play horseshoes, they Rainbow Dash was determined the gang would set a new record. If Apple Rose wanted to cut up the dance floor, then they'd party all night.

The five of them walked into the casino/hotel resort. Rainbow Dash's jaw hit the floor. There, through the atrium, stood the most amazing roller coaster ever - The Wild Blue YonderTM. But how? It closed last year!

In a flash Rainbow Dash flew to management and busted down the door. "What the hay!" she yelled.

Unicorn brothers sat behind their desk. "You're paying for that," said Flim.

"What seems to be the problem?" asked Flam.

"That!" said Rainbow Dash, pointing to the coaster in the lobby. "It was supposed to close last year."

"You mean The Wild Blue YonderTM?"

"Yes!"

The two brothers chuckled. "It did close last year," said Flim.

"Then what's that?"

"That, my dear, is The Sky High ScreamerTM."

"What?"

"Exactly as my brother said, The Sky High ScreamerTM," said Flam.

"But it's the same roller coaster!"

"Now, now. The Wild Blue YonderTM featured white cars. These cars are red."

"So?"

"And my brother is forgetting to mention the new name."

"So?"

"And we can't forget the new waiting area. The lines are twice as long," snickered Flam.

"I don't get it. It's the same roller coaster."

"I admit that it may be nearly identical to the old one, but legally it's different."

"Which is why we did so much business on The Wild Blue YonderTM's closing day and so much on The Sky High ScreamerTM's opening day," explained Flim.

"And next year, when we bring back The Wild Blue YonderTM, we'll triple our ticket sales!" boasted Flim.

"This was all a scam! I ought to report you!"

"Yes, you could report us. But, as a private establishment, we have the right to refuse service to anypony. Even the Elements of Harmony."

"So, you need to ask yourself something, Rainbow Dash," said Flam. "Are your morals more important than the greatest, fastest roller coaster in all of Equestria?"

*

"So how was Las Pegasus?" asked Applejack.

Rainbow Dash smiled. "I rode The Wild Blue YonderTM - I mean - The Sky High ScreamerTM a hundred times!"

PreviousChapters Next