• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,866 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,866

PreviousChapters Next
Veterans Day

The sun hung heavy in the west, just above the rolling hills. Birds and other animals began settling in for the night. At the Silver Shoals Retirement Community, things were winding down as well.

The front door swung open and a middle-aged nurse emerged from the main building. She was pushing a wheelchair with an elderly earth pony stallion. The two continued down the sidewalk until they reached a vista overlooking the quiet lake.

"How are you?" she asked.

"I'm fine," he assured her.

The two remained there in silence.

He looked at his watched. He sat up straight, and brought his right hoof up to just above his eye.

Ka-Boom!!!

He brought his hoof down in a sharp salute, then slumped back in his wheelchair. He smiled. "It brings back fond memories of my time in the Royal Marines. I'm happy that Celestia and Luna brought the tradition of the evening gun with them."

Meanwhile...

Luna scowled. "Sister, must you fire that thing off every night?"

Swallowing, Celestia replied, "Why not?"

"Surely once a week is enough," retorted Luna.

Swallowing again, her sister countered, "It saves me from baking everyday or having to go to the bakery." She stuffed her face.

Trotting away, Luna grumbled, "I don't care if it was a retirement gift. That Easy Bake Confetti Cake Cannon is going back to Pinkie Pie!"

TV STATIC

Author's Note:

To all the veterans out there, happy Veterans Day! Thank you for your service!

For more holiday fun, check out The Labors of Applejack.

PreviousChapters Next