• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,865 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,865

PreviousChapters Next
Academy Awards

"And now, back to the 94th Fashion Academy Awards," boomed the announcer. "And now, to present the award for best fashion documentary, actor Comedy Roast."

A pony in a tailored suit trotted onto stage to hoofstomps by the audience. "Good evening ladies and gentlecolts. I see we've got a full house for the ceremony. Every seat is filled." He eyed a particular pony. "And Rarity is sitting in a chair, instead of a fainting couch." There was general laughter as Rarity blushed in embarrassment. "And I see she's brought her marefriend. I think she'd make a great actress. In fact, I know a movie she'd be great for - The Baltimare Hillbillies! I didn't recognize her at first. I thought she'd show up in overalls and straw hat. But she's actually wearing a dress! Well, she's dressed up for a visit to Manehattan, four hundred miles from Ponyville." He leaned forward and stage whispered, "It's actually five hundred miles, but she can't count above four because she'll run out of hooves...."

Rarity looked over and saw Applejack. The farmpony was hurt. Her ears drooped and her eyes no longer shined. In fact, they were welling up and Applejack sniffled as she fought back tears.

Seeing her marefriend suffering made Rarity livid. No, it filled her with rage!

Rarity hopped to her hooves and trotted forward. The comedian was still on his rant about how backwards Applejack was. Rarity's rage became white-hot fury.

She climbed the stairs onto the stage. She would protect her marefriend's honor! She wasn't exactly sure, but she knew violence would be involved! She trotted across the stage, the comedian pausing as the irate fashionista approached. Rarity raised her hoof -

Before she could strike, a strange bipedal creature stepped in front of her and slapped the comedian across the muzzle. As he walked away, Will Smith said, "How dare you make fun of best pony Applejack! Keep my favorite pony's name out of your foul mouth!

TV STATIC

Author's Note:

In case you've been living under a rock since Saturday...

PreviousChapters Next