• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,866 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,866

PreviousChapters Next
Act of Creation

Dexter sat in front of a computer. Running simulations and analyzing matrices of complex numerical data always brought him great happiness, especially when the results precisely matched his predictions. He was at peace. But all good things....

"Ooh, what does this button do!?"

He turned and slapped his sister's hand away from the big red button. "Don't touch that woman!" he commanded.

Rubbing her hand, Dee Dee asked, "What is it Dexter?"

"That is the start button for my greatest invention ever!" he proudly proclaimed.

"But I thought your" she used air quotes "'neurotomic protocore' was your greatest invention." She motioned to the device gathering dust in the corner.

Narrowing his eyes, he said, "It was until someone came along and ruined it. Do you know who that was, or should I say will be?"

Dee Dee shrugged, "I dunno."

Dexter huffed and rolled his eyes. "The button you were about to press would start the genesis wave."

"Genesis wave?"

Taking on his beloved role of teacher for his dimwitted sister, whom he considered dummer than a troglodyte, he began, "Genesis is the act of creation. The Genesis Device will unleash a genesis wave, which will rearrange matter into whatever form it is designed to achieve. Once it finishes charging overnight, I will unleash its power to usher in an age of science. Imagine it, Dee Dee. A world filled with transporters! A computer on everyone's wrist! A flying car in every garage and a laboratory in every home! Science and logic will rule the world!"

Dee Dee shrugged again, "Sounds boring." She turned and walked away.

Dexter shook his head, "Stupid Dee Dee."


Early the next morning...

A hand turned off Dexter's alarm clock as he slept peacefully, a smile on his face as he dreamed of the possibilities of the genesis wave.


Dexter slowly rolled over and scrunched his face, unready for the light coming in through his window. He opened his eyes. It was - "Afternoon!" he cried. He rolled out of bed and donned his glasses. He stopped when he caught a glimpse of outside. Without a pause he ran down the stairs and burst forth from the front door. His jaw dropped at what he was seeing.

Somehow, the color palette had become painfully bright. Suburbia had been transformed into a quaint village with small cottages topped by thatched roofs. And he began noticing the strangest thing of all: ponies. Not just small horses, but unicorns wielding magic and pegasi flying in the skies above. What had happened?

A quick scan and he found his sister sitting on a blanket having a picnic with six such equines and some weird lizard. He ran over. "Dee Dee! What in Einstein's name happened?"

"Who is this, darling?" asked a purple haired - er - maned pony.

Dee Dee explained, "Oh, that's my brother." She turned to Dexter. "Hi Dexter! Your plan sounded boring, so I used your genesis thingy. I turned America into Equestria."

"Equestria!?"

"Yeah, you know, from My Little Pony."

Dexter facepalmed. "It's going to take weeks for the Genesis Device to recharge before I can fix this mess."

"'Fix this mess?'" asked a lavender unicorn with wings.

"Yes. First I'll have to use the genesis wave to revert Equestria back to America. Then I can use it again to make my ideal society."

An orange pony wearing a ridiculous stetson asked, "So, when y'all say yer goin' to 'revert Equestria back to America', what happens to Equestria?"

Dexter explained, "Well, obviously it will be wiped away. There can't be any traces before the genesis wave is used again." He shook his head. "Why are all females so dim-witted?" he lamented.

The six ponies exchanged looks.

Before he knew it, Dexter was hogtied by a rope.

"Twilight, go get the Elements. Ah'll keep 'im tied down," proclaimed the earth pony.

"What are you going to do?" he demanded.

"The same thing we do to everypony who tries to destroy the world!" replied a blue pegasus.


Sometime later....

The teacher led her students through the Royal Gardens of Canterlot. Stopping, she addressed the students, "And here is the statue of Dexter. Unlike all other villains of Equestria, he didn't want to take over. He wanted to completely destroy the world."

The students all stood wide-eyed and gasped. They followed their teacher as she led them further into the gardens.

A strange creature, almost a science-experiment of sewn together appendages of different creatures, approached. Tapping on the stone statue, he remarked, "Guess no one bothered to warn you about the Elements of Harmony."

TV STATIC

Author's Note:

Can't believe it's been so long since I published an installment! Hope you enjoyed it!

Dreadnought

PreviousChapters Next