• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,865 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,865

PreviousChapters Next
Inauguration 2021

Ex-Princess Celestia sipped her morning tea, enjoying Wuthering Hooves. The book was considered a classic of Equestrian literature. She remembered when it first came out and the stir it caused in literary circles. She had intended to read it then to decide on its merits herself, but royal duties took up all of her time. Now, 173 years after its publication, she finally had time to engross herself in its prose.

"Sister!"

Celestia looked up, "What's wrong Luna?"

Ex-Princess Luna was excited. "We just received the Manehattan Times. Look at this." She shoved the paper on top of the book and pointed at the front page.

Biden Inaugurated as 46th President!
New Era in Washington. At 78 Becomes Oldest President.
Harris Becomes First Female Vice-President.

"Yes, Tia. Dost thou know what this means?"

"I suppose our relations with the United States will be improved?" she assumed.

"Not just that."

"That the tariffs will be reduced?" she ventured.

"That's not necessarily what I was implying."

"That Equestria should prepare for a state visit?" she proposed.

"No."

"Then what?"

"Seventy-eight! We could have continued ruling for years to come!!!"

TV STATIC

Author's Note:

I wanted to do something to mark the occasion, and this is what came to mind.

PreviousChapters Next