• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,866 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,866

PreviousChapters Next
Pony Tales: Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

I would just like to address the wild unfounded rumors running rampant about me. Somepony, I don't know who, has been spreading rumors that I spend my time secluded in the library writing romance stories where I ship friends, family, neighbors and even villains. Allegedly, deep in some hidden room in the basement of my castle, locked away in an unmarked filing cabinet, there exists a secret shipfic folder with scores of such tales. These rumors are complete and utter nonsense. I vehemently deny all this groundless speculation into my private life and ask that ponies stop circulating such untrue gossip.

Now I present my contribution, which I wrote just now.

- Twilight Sparkle

An Officer and a Gentlemare
by Twilight Sparkle

The white unicorn leaned over the table, propping her head upon her hooves. She let her perfectly coiffed purple mane spill over her shoulders and dance upon her little black dress. Her necklace, dripping with diamonds, shimmered in the flickering candlelight. She smiled seductively at the pony across the table. "Darling," she purred, "have you ever experienced a perfect moment?"

"What do you mean?" asked her companion.

"I find everything is just... perfect. My award winning fashion line has made the cover of Vanity Mare. You've commissioned and are now the newest member of the Wonderbolts. And here we are, at the most romantic restaurant in Canterlot."

"I..." hesitated her companion.

"What's wrong?" asked the concerned mare.

Shaking her rainbow mane, her companion sighed, "Clarity... we need to talk. You deserve to be happy, to be with the pony of your dreams. I'm sorry, but I can't be with you. There's only one mare who truly captures my heart."

"Sonic Spectrum?" she faltered.

"I'm sorry," repeated the blue pegasus as she left the table.

The next day a most unusual visitor graced the shop floor at the Canterlot Paper Mill. Amongst the humming machinery that churned out all sorts of paper products, a figured walked with a sense of determination. Sonic Spectrum strode through the factory in her spotless, pressed dress white uniform. All around the workers stopped what they were doing to watch the scene.

At the end of the line, a lavender unicorn hunched over the machine, inspecting the finished product. Her two-toned purple and pink mane was tied loosely in a ponytail that hung over her dirty denim overalls.

Sonic approached the mare and tapped her on the shoulder. The unicorn turned around and instantly her frown was transformed into a perplexed smile. "Hello," said Sonic. "There's something I need to say to you."

"You had me at hello," responded the mare.

"Please, Evening Twinkle, I need to say this. I made a mistake. I realize that I was selfish, that I was a jerk. But you.... You make me want to be a better mare."

Without any warning, Twinkle darted forward and the two shared a long, passionate kiss. Breaking the kiss, a smiling Twinkle giggled with happiness.

Sonic Spectrum smiled in return then scooped up Twinkle in her forelegs, carrying her out of the factory to the cheers and tears of the fellow workers....

PreviousChapters Next