• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,866 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,866

PreviousChapters Next
Royal Coronation

Celestia sat at the table, examining the documents spread out before her.

The door creaked open and Luna trotted in. "Sister, what are you doing?"

Looking up, she explained, "I'm brushing up on my knowledge of the United Kingdom."

Rummaging in the kitchen, her sister asked without looking up, "Why?"

"I will be representing Equestria at the coronation of King Charles the Third."

Filling a teapot with water, Luna pressed, "You volunteered?"

Celestia nodded, "It is a great honor to represent one's nation. Princess Twilight wanted a high-level dignitary present."

"I'm sure that's the reason," noted Luna as she filled a teapot.

"I want to ensure that Equestria puts its best hoof forward to earth," assured Celestia.

"So, you will attend the coronation?"

"Yes."

"And the parade?"

"Of course."

"And the concert?"

"It is part of the celebration."

"And the banquet?"

"It would be rude of me to not attend."

"I hear that they have a bust of the king made of chocolate."

"Oh, yes. A life sized bust made of 50 pounds of the best chocolate in ..." Celestia trailed off.

Luna gave a knowing smile. "I thought so."


Author's Note:
I didn't believe it myself until I saw it in the news. Check it out here.


Princess Celestia examined the strange building, before trotting inside for a closer inspection. The long aisle was flanked on either side by a series of low doors. She wandered up to one, intending to peer inside, when a head poked out over the door.

"Oh, excuse me," said Princess Celestia.

The horse merely looked curious.

"Is this where you live?" she asked.

The horse leaned further over the door to examine the strange talking horse.

"You the strong silent type, I see," quipped the princess.

From behind came a loud voice, "They should have been saddled hours ago. We're behind schedule! We've got to rush if we want to make sure the King has an escort to Westminster Abbey!"

Before she could turn around she felt a heavy item land on her back and something buckling under her barrel.

"Excuse me, I believe you have the wrong horse," she said to the startled men.


Prince Harry sighed as his car pulled up to Westminster Abbey. Outside stood dozens of paparazzi. He really hated all this attention. He wanted to live a quiet, private life. Why couldn't they just leave him alone?

Reaching for the door handle, he grimaced until he noted all the photographers running down the sidewalk to a mass of people.

"What's going on?" he wondered.

"I suppose it has something to do with that horse over there?" said the driver as he pointed towards the white pony with wings and a horn getting out of a car.


Celestia sat in Westminster Abbey awaiting the start of the coronation. By happenstance, she was seated next to the Ambassador of France.

"So," she continued, "you're telling me that there is an opportunity to join the European Union?"

"Oui. We've had an opening since 2020."


Dressed in his finest armor, the Royal Guard stood at attention.

Facing him, a member of the King's Guard stood at attention.

The Royal Guard stared straight at the human.

The King's Guard stared straight at the pony.

Unflinching, the Royal Guard stood like a statue.

Unflinching, the King's Guard stood like a statue.

Despite the antics of the tourists, the Royal Guard continued to stare down his counterpart.

Despite the antics of the tourists, the King's Guard continued to stare down his counterpart.

The Royal Guard -

You know what? I think you get the picture.


Celestia looked up at the sky, the dreary gray of a May afternoon in the United Kingdom. "I should have invited Rainbow Dash to clear the skies and do a sonic rainboom," she muttered to herself.

Author's Note:

I meant to publish this in a more timely fashion, but if you've read today's blog post, you'll understand why.

Dreadnought

PreviousChapters Next