• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,859 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,859

PreviousChapters Next
Downton Abbey

As Barrow distributed the tea, Lady Edith Crawley entered and addressed the assembled family members. "I just received a telephone call. We will be having an additional guest for dinner tonight. He will arrive later this afternoon."

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham, smiled, "And who is this mysterious guest that we will be hosting?"

Edith shrugged, "It's a Mister Armor."

"Mr. Armor? I'm afraid I don't recognize the name."

"He's just someone I met when I was in London."

Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham (AKA Professor McGonagall), asked, "Is he from a respectable family?"

Mary set her cup down. "With how Edith's been ignored by all the respectable men, she probably found him in prison," she sniped.

"He's not from prison," declared Edith.

Mary rolled her eyes. "I suppose you have more sense than that. He probably works some lowly job in a factory or a stable."


The family gathered around the dining room table.

"I don't know where he could be," assured Edith.

"I always suspected that this man you were bringing was a figment of your imagination," sneered Mary.

Meanwhile, at the front door....

Knock! Knock!

As much of the staff was attending to dinner, Mr. Bates answered the front door. He opened it to reveal - nothing. Nobody was at the front door! He looked about briefly before glancing down to see a most unexpected sight. Before him stood a small white horse with a blue mane and tale. Its dinner attire would be the most remarkable trait if not for the horn affixed to its head. "Is this somebody's idea of a joke?" he muttered to himself.

"My apologies," said the creature, "but I had a hard time finding Downton Abbey."

"You can talk!" He almost fell over, saved only by his cane providing support.

Startled, the creature replied, "Of course I can talk." It cocked its head. "Where is Lady Edith?"

Stunned for a moment, Mr. Bates asked, "Are you Mister Armor by chance?"

The creature smiled back. "Why yes, yes I am. Though most refer to me as Captain Armor."

"Captain Armor? A military man!"

"A military pony actually. You served?"

"I was Lord Grantham's batman in the Boer War," said Mr. Bates, standing straight.

"I see. Well, you'll have to tell me of your experiences in the war. But you must excuse me, I am running late for dinner."

"Of course, right this way."


Mr. Bates entered the dining room.

"Is something a matter Bates?" asked Robert Crawley, 7th Earl of Grantham.

"Mr. Armor has arrived, Sir."

"Well show him in."

"Actually, sir, he's standing right beside me."

The others seated around the table gasped. Lord Grantham stood to peer over the table, then fell back into his seat stunned. Edith got up to hug the pony. "I'm so glad you made it," she said.

"I'm sorry, but I had trouble teleporting here. But now that I've been here before, I shouldn't have any trouble in the future," he explained.

She stood upright. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet Mr. Shining Armor."

Quickly all were introduced and Shining took his seat.

Barrow poured a glass of wine for the newly arrived guest.

"So, Mr. Armor, where are you from?" asked Lord Grantham.

"I am from Canterlot in Equestria."

Violetg Crawley said, "From your accent, I had thought you might be from the States. It is fortunate you are not an American."

Shining chuckled, "No, most certainly I am not."

"What do you do in Equestria?" asked Lord Grantham.

"I'm the Captain of the Royal Guards. I was sent to England as an exchange with your palace guards...."


After dinner, in the servant's hall:

Mr. Carson turned to the assembled servants.

"Is it true what they're saying about Mr. Armor?" asked Daisy.

Carson sighed, "I see the news had already spread."

"So he's really a horse?" asked Mrs. Hughes.

"He's a guest of the family," stated Mr. Carson in a stern tone. "We are to treat him with all the respect that entails. He'll be spending the night before returning to London tomorrow."

"Should we get him some hay to sleep on?" sniped Barrow.


In the drawing room, after dinner:

Mary held a conversation with Dowager Countess of Grantham. "Well, it seems I was right about the stable."

Violet rolled her eyes. "He may only be in black tie and dinner jacket, but he still managed at least one tail."


Lord Grantham's bedroom:

Climbing into bed, Lord Grantham said to his wife, "First an Irish Catholic, and now an Equestrian pony."

"Edith is smitten with him, Robert."

"I'm not sure what she sees in him."

"Take some time, get to know him. You may have something in common."

"Perhaps you are right." He leaned over to kiss her, but paused as a thought hit him. "Do you suppose he likes riding?"

"Don't asked Edith's love interest if you can ride him."

"That's not what I meant. Does a pony enjoy riding a horse? Can a pony ride a horse?"

TV STATIC

Author's Note:

I had ignored the show during its original run. Family members strongly encouraged me to watch the show. And I must say, I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Dreadnought

PreviousChapters Next