• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,866 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,866

PreviousChapters Next
Making Right

At the Golden Oak Library:

Rarity turned to the earth pony, "Did you hear that, Applejack? You certainly would not want to do anything that would ruin Twilight's very first slumber party, would you?"

Applejack sighed, "Of course not, 'n you wouldn't either, I reckon?"

"So do we have an agreement?"

"You betcha." Applejack spit on her hoof and held it out to seal the deal.

Rarity cringed away, "Oh! Gross! You know, there's messy and there's just plain rude."

Irritated, Applejack fumed, "You know, there's fussy, 'n there's just plain gettin' on my nerves."

Glaring at the farmer, she said, "Fortunately, I can get along with anypony, no matter how difficult she may be."

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm the 'get-alongin-est' pony you're ever gonna meet."

"That's not even a word," retorted the unicorn.


The next day...

Dear Merriam-Webster,

I was searching your dictionary, and I noticed that a word was missing. I could not find getalongingest anywhere. Please add it to your dictionary.

Sincerely,

Applejack


Dear Merriam-Webster,

I know that you said in your letter that getalongingest was not a real word. But it is such a great word. It perfectly describes somepony like me - a pony who can get along with anypony, no matter how prissy or annoying they are.

Sincerely,

Applejack


Dear Merriam-Webster,

I still think getalongingest would make a good word. I'll prove it by using it in some books. Then you'll have to include it.

Sincerely,

Applejack


Thirty-nine letters and five bestsellers later....

Applejack held up the dictionary. "See there Rarity! 'Getalongingest. Adjective. Ability to work with others despite the challenges.'"

TV STATIC

Author's Note:

Ah, how could we forget such a classic episode!

PreviousChapters Next