• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,865 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,865

PreviousChapters Next
Titanic

The two ponies huddled close together for warmth on this bone-chilling night. They only heard the soft sounds of the great liner cutting through the ocean. The two scanned the inky blackness ahead....

Suddenly, a shape loomed out of the darkness. They gasped at the mountain of ice towering in front of them. The mare turned around and rang a bell, yelling at the top of her lungs, "Iceberg! Iceberg! Dead ahead."

On the bridge, the first officer barked, "Hard to port! Full astern!"

The sailor spun the wheel as fast as he could, while another rang the telegraph.

In the engine room, the chief engineer heard the bells of the engine order telegraph. "Full astern!" he cried over the sounds of the reciprocating machinery.

Ponies scurried about, turning valves. The giant pistons of the reciprocating engine came to a stop, then slowly started to go in reverse.

On the bridge, the everypony held their breaths. "Sweet Celestia, we're going to hit it!" cried the first officer.

Suddenly, on the forecastle, a bright purple flash. An alicorn lowered her head and a blinding flash came forth from her horn. It struck the iceberg, shattering it into a million pieces.

The liner passed by the debris.

The first officer ran out and shouted, "You've saved the Titanic!"

Twilight smiled, "It was no problem. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going back to bed."

TV STATIC

Author's Note:

Jack ain't dying on this one!

PreviousChapters Next