• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,890 Views, 797 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 797
 3,890

PreviousChapters Next
Red Baron

Winona sat in the cockpit, her eyes shielded by her tinted goggles while her scarf billowed behind her. She scanned the horizon for her adversary. Where? Where in the wide open sky?

There!

Winona opened the throttle to her rotary engine* and banked. It was time for a duel!

Her opponent did a large loop.

The audience applauded.

Winona responded with a barrel roll.

The audience clapped.

Her opponent did a barrel roll into a tight loop.

The audience cheered.

Winona did a spiraling corkscrew, getting ever tighter as she descended.

The audience cheered louder.

The opponent did a triple loop into a low altitude pass - all upside down.

The audience exploded!

It was now onto Winona. No time to hold back. Time for Pugachev's Cobra! She lined up, and pulled back on the stick. The Sopwith Camel hung in the air. She was doing it! She was - stalling! She dived down, the ground filling her vision. RIP! There went her wings. There was no hope! Crash!!!

Winona lay on the ground before her doghouse, yipping and howling.

Applejack rolled her eyes. "Good grief," she muttered.

Winona looked to the sky and shook her paw at her imaginary foe. "Curse you Rainbow Dash!"

TV Static

Author's Note:

Yes, another Peanuts reference.

*The Camel had a rotary, not a radial engine.

PreviousChapters Next