Sunset Shimmer 4,922 members · 6,735 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

As to not create yet another post, you find find the results of the polls down below!

Hello everyone!

Well, looks like a goofed a little. I had intended to actually make the Nomination Post a Voting Post. However, that didn’t happen. Also, found out after the fact that I needed to tweak the “rules” a little to open things up. So instead, we’re going to do this all cool with a Google Poll!

So let’s go over the basics, because you only have until 10PM Pacific on Thursday, September 21 to vote!

Here’s how this works:

Simply head over to the form linked below and select up to three of your favorite Sunset Shimmer stories from among the nominations! Please note that votes put into the comments of this thread won't be counted!

However, due to the system, I ask that we also make Applejack proud by only voting once.

Remember, the goal is to show the world the Best Sunset Shimmer Stories of 2017!

THE NOMINEES

TGunsmoke
Sunset Shimmer and Desert Mirage... what exactly is the connection?
Wanderer D · 103k words  ·  743  30 · 12k views
THell & High Water
Sunset's life takes a turn when Anon-a-Miss appears on MyStable, slandering her name, and spiraling her life down a road she never could have expected. Are all her attempts at changing for naught, or will one spark of hope keep the fire burning?
Uria the Sacred Beast · 101k words  ·  552  32 · 14k views
TSpectacular Seven
As graduation draws near, magic begins to awaken in the human world, drawing out old rivals and opening the doors to new adventures. It's up to Sunset and her friends to keep Canterlot safe, all while dealing with their looming futures.
Albi · 540k words · 24k views
TAcross the Shimmering Sea
Twilight Sparkle is kidnapped by Sunset Shimmer and her pirate crew to hunt down a legendary treasure. A high-seas adventure awaits!
Albi · 55k words  ·  563  18 · 8.4k views
TEquestria Girls: Friendship Souls
When dangerous supernatural creatures start to stalk the streets of Canterlot City, Sunset Shimmer and the gang become involved in events that will irrevocably change their lives. A crossover series with the Bleach anime/manga
thatguyvex · 2.5m words  ·  584  37 · 20k views
TEmpty Skies
With gossip and slander rampant at CHS and a target put on Sunset Shimmer's back, she flees the school in search of solace. She never expected to find allies in the most unlikely of groups: CHS's soccer team, the Wondercolts.
SunnyDays · 27k words  ·  439  13 · 11k views
TCommon Ground
Luna meets a nervous Sunset Shimmer pacing outside the throne room
stillinbeta · 3.5k words  ·  500  11 · 6.5k views
TFriendship Is Monsters
Twilight is a human in a world of monsters, although she's never met one. So when she finds a vampire dying on her front lawn one day, she's not sure what she's found. A new friend? Or her demise...
spotty8ee · 93k words  ·  720  13 · 16k views
TFate of the UNS Moon Dancer
New frontiers aren't always safe.
Shrink Laureate · 14k words  ·  204  1 · 2.3k views
TShot on Goal
Sunset Shimmer talks to an old friend about her complicated feelings.
Scott Curl · 2.1k words  ·  97  2 · 3.2k views
TThe Last Sunset
I went into exile, on my own terms, to come back and take what I deserve. When I came back, there was nothing left to take.
River Road · 9.4k words  ·  222  5 · 3.9k views
TThe Girl Who Couldn't Change
Chrysalis knows the world is a simple place. There's people who have power, and people who don't. Sunset Shimmer is about to make things complicated.
R5h · 12k words  ·  259  9 · 4.6k views
TThe Eye That Floats, Silent and Unblinking, in Sunset Shimmer's Kitchen
Sunset Shimmer's apartment is invaded by a giant, cosmic eyeball, which is generally kind of a bummer, and almost as annoying as the constant advances Twilight keeps making toward herself.
Posh · 33k words  ·  457  14 · 5.1k views
T...But It Often Rhymes
For four years, Sunset Shimmer has carried a torch for Miss Cheerilee, and for four years, she's struggled to look at her without thinking of the one who got away.
Posh · 13k words  ·  294  7 · 3.4k views
EOne Last Regret
Texting her friends to come meet her for coffee, Sunset has one final regret from her past to tell them.
PoisonClaw · 3.5k words  ·  664  12 · 13k views
EBlossoms
Sunset and her friends attend the Cherry Blossom festival at the Canterlot Royal Botanical Gardens. However, Sunset will soon discover that the cherry blossoms won't be the only thing to bloom.
PoisonClaw · 6.7k words  ·  159  4 · 3.8k views
TSunset Shimmer and Discord Go Back to the Future
Sunset is bored. Discord is bored. What better way to solve their problems than a whacky time travel adventure? A trip to a mysterious era, where nothing makes sense, and everything Sunset knows is called into question. The Nineteen-Eighties.
Oroboro · 9.1k words  ·  347  12 · 5.2k views
TA Sunlit Journey
After developing a new portal that can explore other dimensions, Twilight and Sunset are pulled into an adventure, where they meet even more doppelgängers of themselves. Together they have to save the day, and learn about each other in the process.
Oroboro · 16k words  ·  666  21 · 11k views
EThe Alchemy of Chemistry
After a tutoring session gone wrong causes Moon Dancer to storm out on her, Sunset is forced into a decision she never wanted to make. Now with her future on the line, if her legacy doesn't get her expelled, the upcoming alchemy exam just might...
Amber Spark · 32k words  ·  532  9 · 6.3k views
EDreaming in Dawn's Light
Everypony knows Princess Celestia can't possibly have a dark side. Sunset Shimmer is about to find out just how wrong everypony is, and in so doing, find that Celestia understands Sunset more than she ever thought possible.
Amber Spark · 8k words  ·  282  11 · 5.9k views
TSunLight Sliders
Due to a minor calibration error, Sunset and Twilight find themselves lost in the vast possibilities of the multiverse. Now, they search for a way home… and find something neither expected in one another.
Amber Spark · 40k words  ·  490  23 · 9.7k views
TFall of Harmony
Sunset Shimmer struggles to deal with the accusations of Anon-A-Miss, and decides that this may be the straw to break her back.
Moon-Lite · 61k words  ·  555  34 · 21k views
TKamen Rider Unicorn
Items of power thought destroyed have found their way to a parallel world. And the only one who can stop the coming danger, is a masked rider.
Michael_Ravencroft · 450k words  ·  164  11 · 7.6k views
TLosing Sunlight
When Princess Celestia comes down with a mysterious illness, Sunset takes it upon herself and Twilight to get to the bottom of it, which would be hard enough if she wasn't dating the other Twilight in secret.
MarvelandPonder · 33k words  ·  431  9 · 7.6k views
TTripped Out
Twilight has a great idea. She’s going to drop acid.
Majin Syeekoh · 8.3k words  ·  386  23 · 5.4k views
TSunset Shimmer is MAD about EVERYTHING
Sunset Shimmer, practitioner of friendship, twice savior of Canterlot High, alicorn. She's offered to help Twilight's new student as the whole group travels to the Crystal Empire for a Crystalling. Should be a relaxing, stress free trip. Right?
Justice3442 · 113k words  ·  1,537  84 · 27k views
EA Newspaper Solves Everypony's Problem
Starlight is about to embark on a few friendship lessons. Five to be exact. However she’s a little murky on how to get all her friends to cooperate so things go as efficiently as possible. Luckily A surprise visit might solve Starlight’s problem.
Justice3442 · 2.5k words  ·  1,124  18 · 15k views
TIt's Not Fine
Sunset is forced to pick up the pieces of her life after her world is shattered.
Inky Shades · 17k words  ·  271  9 · 7.3k views
EMeeting Mister and Missus Sparkle
Sunset Shimmer has overcome her own demons, saved the world more than once, and made up with her former mentor. But now she must face her greatest, and most dangerous challenge yet: meeting her girlfriend's parents
EntityRelationship · 6.7k words  ·  479  8 · 11k views
TLittle Truths
No first-year student has ever been crowned the Autumn Liege at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. Lemon Hearts is going to change that, with a little help from Sunset Shimmer.
EbonQuill · 10k words  ·  97  2 · 1.9k views
TVoices Lost
Adagio Dazzle wants to sing again. Easier said than done when you can't speak.
DwarvishPony · 8k words  ·  442  13 · 8.8k views
ESunset Shimmer is Perfect
And Twilight has to deal with it.
DrakeyC · 2.7k words  ·  1,025  35 · 19k views
TAmong Memories
2 weeks after Camp Everfree ended, Sunset and her friends are excited to start the Fall semester with their newfound powers. However, Sunset soon realizes that the abilities they've been given could send their friendships, and their lives, into ruin.
Deathscar · 35k words  ·  262  5 · 6.7k views
EThe Memories We Share
With her new magic powers, Sunset Shimmer is about to discover that sometimes a memory doesn't tell the whole story.
CommissarAJ · 9.6k words  ·  472  16 · 11k views
TThe Restless Corpse of Sunset Shimmer
In the basement of an abandoned house, Sunset Shimmer's body lies cold. A lone explorer has found it. Now, he needs to ensure it doesn't find him.
boardgamebrony · 3.5k words  ·  561  19 · 9.8k views
EThe Coronation
After ascending to princesshood, there was still the matter of Sunset's official coronation. Of course, she was going to invite her friends along for the event. It went about as well as you'd expect.
Between Lines · 1.6k words  ·  851  16 · 12k views
TLove Is In Doom
As the world ends, a group of teenagers covered in blood enter Sugarcube Corner. What follows is technically a love story.
Aragon · 11k words  ·  646  23 · 9.2k views
TDawn
Redemption had to be earned, Sunset Shimmer knew that. But how could everything go so wrong? Who was this "Anon-a-Miss"? Nobody believed her, all abandoned her. What would be left for her? A certain draconequus was witness and decided to intervene.
Anachronon · 145k words  ·  617  61 · 20k views
EDon't Ever Let Me Go
For years, Sunset Shimmer has held her place at Celestia's side. She was her prized student, her number one prodigy. In return, Celestia was Sunset's world, her passion. However, with time and age come change, and Sunset cannot take it any more.
All Art Is Quite Useless · 9k words  ·  306  14 · 6.7k views
ETime and Time Again
Minuette's manipulation of time allows her to do a lot of things. Asking Sunset Shimmer out on a date isn't one of them. Worst part? No matter how many times she rewinds... it's still Tuesday.
Albi · 4.3k words  ·  373  15 · 5k views

Just to be sure, does the order of the votes matter?

Albi
Group Contributor

Oh geez, that's a lot.

Not at all! In fact, each list is randomized so people had to look a little (or maybe be reminded of other stories!)
Yup. Much bigger turnout this year.

Majin Syeekoh

I think a good tenth of them are you, at that. :trollestia:

Well, that is a lot of fics to choose from. I've only read ten of them...but, ah, no matter. If they haven't caught my interest already, I doubt they'd be able to get my vote.

Holy cow how'd that happen?! :D

Albi
Group Contributor

To be honest, i wouldn't even vote for myself this time around. SS and Shimmering Sea are both incomplete.

Majin Syeekoh

That’s a fair sentiment.

I didn’t vote for myself, either, because there were three other stories that weren’t mine that I liked.

Too bad M rated stuff wasn't allowed. I'd have nominated Holy's Scratch One Off.

Since the goal is to put this up on Equestria Daily for everyone to see a little better, we need to keep it T and below.

Okay, submitted my votes.

I haven't read half of them half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of them half as well as they deserve. :twilightsmile: Just a little paraphrase from a novel, all the ones I recognize are all good fics, just wish I had had time to read all of the ones on the list.

Bilbo would be quite proud. :pinkiehappy:

Cryosite
Group Admin

You now have two threads for this topic. Don't make a third one. If you find you've made yet another mistake, edit this thead and figure out how best to clean up after yourself.

Locking the other one.

Spectacular Seven gets my full support. Anything Albinocorn and Sunset is fiery gold to me.

>looks for favorite Sunset Shimmer stories.
>cannot find a SINGLE clopfic

These nominees are lacking.

No problem here!

This is not the Poll you're looking for. Jedi Have Wave :rainbowlaugh:

...Why did nobody tell me I was up for an award?

Twice?!

I kept getting distracted by how adorable Cheerilee is. You have only yourself to blame. :twilightblush:

Thank you everyone for your nominations and votes! I had quite a challenge getting everything just so for you folks to enjoy (even had to do a fair bit of work in Excel to get the data points!). I decided to present the stories in no particular order. All of you are amazing writers and deserve all the recognition, after all!

The rating polls went down to the wire for this one! One last final vote switched a few things around, but now at least I can reveal your Top 10 Community-Rated Sunset Shimmer stories for 2017!

Congratulations both nominees and winners!

Desert Mirage lives in a world full of guns, lasers, explosives and people competing to be the best of the best. There she excels at what she does: hunting. She started as a nobody, and yet became one of the most sought-after gunslingers.

Sunset Shimmer was practically born the best of the best. Selected by none other than Princess Celestia to be her prized student... until she ran away to another world in search of power. Through trials and suffering she was eventually taught humility and friendship.

At first blush, they don't have much in common. But their connection runs deep, and sooner or later it will change their worlds forever.

It all started with a simple question. "Can the portal go to other places besides Equestria?

The answer turned out to be "No, but we might be able to make one that can."

When their research is complete, Sunset and Twilight are pulled into an adventure in another world, where they meet even more doppelgängers of themselves. But their alternate counterparts may reveal some things about themselves they never knew.

Starlight Glimmer is about to embark on a few little friendship lessons. Five to be exact. However she’s still a little murky on how to get all her friends to cooperate so things go as quickly and efficiently as possible. Luckily A surprise visit from another friend might solve Starlight’s problem.

It is a new year for Sunset Shimmer; a fresh chance at real happiness with her five best friends and her girlfriend. But Sunset is constantly troubled by her uncertain future, and haunted by the consequences of her past.

For her battle against Princess Twilight has drawn forth ancient forces with eyes on the last bastion of magic: Canterlot City.

As darkness closes in, Sunset must find her light and guide her friends to defend their world against old rivals and legends best left forgotten, all while dealing with their ever-looming futures.

But when graduation comes, what will Sunset Shimmer do? For she is still a stranger in this world, with or without her friends, and the road before her guarantees nothing.

Of course, with the universe conspiring against her, it'll be a miracle if she even makes it that far...

Sunset is bored. Discord is bored. What better way to solve their problems than a wacky time travel adventure? A trip to a strange and mysterious era, where nothing makes sense, and everything Sunset knows about the world is called into question.

The Nineteen-Eighties.

All know the story of the pirate ship, the Crimson Heart and her cursed captain, a monster forced to haunt the seven seas until the end of time. All know to steer clear of the blood red sails, lest they run into hell itself.

Few know of Neptune's Blessing, a magical item that can grant whoever holds it anything their heart desires.

Twilight Sparkle knows both tales are not fiction. Though the last place she thought she'd ever be is on the Crimson Heart looking for Neptune's Throne where the wish awaits.

Sunset Shimmer lives a nightmare every day. She's ready to shed her monstrous form, and Twilight is going to help her one way or another.

But they aren't the only ones after Neptune's Blessing. The high-speed race across the seas begins as every flag seeks to claim the wish for themselves, and be crowned King of the Seas.

The holidays are fast approaching for the city of Canterlot. Snow is on the ground, carols fill the air, and the students of Canterlot High await release for winter vacation. However, its never peaceful in Canterlot for long. Right when things are looking calm, secrets start spilling around the school. With more being revealed each day, all eyes turn to Sunset Shimmer, the former bully of CHS. With the school turning against her and no clues to follow, can she possibly figure out the culprit and clear her name?

Sunset Shimmer, twice savior of Canterlot High who earned her wings by using the combined magic of the Earth elements of harmony to save the world from Twilight Sparkle (you know... the one with the glasses). She's offered to help Twilight's (you know.. the alicorn Princess of Friendship) new student learn about friendship while the whole crew embarks on a trip to the Crystal Empire. This should be a fairly relaxing and stress free trip. Right? RIGHT?!

Stuck as an aide to a bunch of second-year students at Gifted Unicorns, Sunset Shimmer thought picking one to tutor might be entertaining… and maybe advance her plans for the mirror and her eventual ascension.        

This 'Moon Dancer' filly is just a means to an end, after all.

So why can’t Sunset sleep after Moon Dancer storms out on her? Why are Princess Celestia and Professor Polish so concerned about her?

But most importantly, why is Sunset starting to doubt herself?

This was all part of the plan. Right?

(Remember, I may have published SunLight Sliders, but 25 authors contributed to the epic adventure of SunLight Sliders, so it is definitely not my story!)

After Sunset Shimmer brings Sci-Twi’s strange magic-absorbing amulet back to Equestria, Princess Twilight Sparkle has a brilliant idea. If they combine the amulet and the magic of the portal, the two of them could hop between worlds at the push of a button!

Who better to test out this fantastic new technology than two of the greatest minds in all of Equestria?

They probably should have calibrated it first.

Don't worry, I have a much better-organized plan for this already in place for next year.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22