• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,928 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,928

PreviousChapters Next
Georg's Raid-iate the Fridge (FoME's "The Flavor Cosmic")

Author's Note:

[Slice of Life][Comedy]

This is riff on FanOfMostEverything's "The Flavor Cosmic" (691 of 36,237 words in its anthology, [Slice of Life],) set in the same Equestria as Georg's The Substitute Librarian (74,079 words, [Slice of Life])

THE SPOILERS COSMIC: Twilight Velvet has an... interesting short list of preferred grocers. This gave her daughter some unusual expectations in her first days in Ponyville.

THE SUBSTITUTE SUMMARY: The trials and tribulations of the stallion who has to fill in for Twilight Sparkle when she's busy saving the world. (A stallion who, in a different timeline, would've married her.)

The substitute librarian strolled back into the library's kitchenette to grab a snack before bedtime, because the mission that had sent the Bearers off in such a hurry had caught him just before dinnertime, and being teleported from Canterlot to Ponyville by an uncommunicative Royal Guard had not left him with any time to grab take-out. Opening the icebox, he meditated upon the contents within, like thousands of other male ponies when faced by the need to provide their own sustenance.

"Let's see," he mused, looking over the neatly labelled contents in the light of the icebox, "we have Entropic Chili, leftover Unfathomable Casserole with carrots, Indescribable Salad, Quantum Stewed Rutabaga, Non-Linear Asparagus..." Ever so slowly, the substitute librarian backed up and allowed the icebox door to close on its own.

That's not the icebox light glowing. It's the contents.

He stood there for a long moment, weighing his hunger against his common sense, then turned to the stove.

"Guess I'll just have to cook up some Raman noodles instead."

PreviousChapters Next