• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 7,351 Views, 871 Comments

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For (A Death Battle Parody) - TundraStanza



Think about it like Death Battle, only with less death and more hyperactive dialogue. It all started with a fateful encounter between Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. It turned into something bigger.

  • ...
34
 871
 7,351

PreviousChapters Next
Ultimate Princess Defense: Prince of the Saiyans, Substitute Shinigami, and Eye of Agamatto

Please make sure that formatting setting in the top right is set to "Dark" and not "Light". Thank you.

If I'm going to shoot myself in the foot anyway, I might as well use the biggest hypothetical bullet I can find.
...
Properties in this chapter belong to Hasbro, ScrewAttack, Funimation, Tite Kubo, and Marvel.
---

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For

Season 2

(23)

Princess Cadance sleeps peacefully on the grassy land. A scroll pops in out of nowhere and lands on her face. Her 'Z's are popped as she stands up. The scroll unravels in a blue, magical aura. Cadance's eyes scan the parchment. She lets out a gasp and flies off screen. In the meantime, Peach remains blissfully unaware due to her lovely daydream.

---

The screen quickly transitions to the Canterlot throne room. There, the other three alicorn princesses of Equestria wait. Cadance bursts in and gallops to the group. A question mark appears in a talk bubble. It is here that the camera pans to take a closer look at the scrapes that are around Celestia and Luna's bodies.

Celestia and Luna's talk bubbles consist of a green human head. This is followed by a symbol for magic and then what looks like Twilight Sparkle. The actual Twilight looks back and forth worriedly before taking a sigh. She lifts her head back up and nods with a determined look on her face.

"Then let us begin," says Celestia.

---

Today, we're doing something a little different.

We're going to send a pony against three of her toughest challenges yet.

To ensure that we won't have to use too many Senzu Beans or other preposterous methods of making Princess Twilight Sparkle 'all better', we're going to let her bring her entire Season 4 finale arsenal.

And to lower the chaotic factor and director's headache count, we'll be introducing these opponents one at a time as they show up.

Since she will be fighting by herself, the no outside help rule is still being followed. Those of you wishing to leave nothing but "so-and-so would have won if such-and-such" comments may wish to leave now.

Enough regulation updates, W. Let's get to the good stuff!

He's B and I'm W and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win this one-on-three Death Battle.

---Death Battle---

Twilight Sparkle (supercharged)
-Species: alicorn
-Position: Princess of Friendship
-Strength: enough to leave craters simply by pushing on the ground
-Flight speed: Mach 5+
-Magic: Equivalent of four alicorns in one; implied that she has all of their unique abilities
-Spell variety: Shield, Teleport, Levitation, Hyper Magical Beams, Meteor Smash, and others
-Willingness to save her friends can cost her all magic

Once upon a time, Twilight Sparkle was a magical unicorn with her nose in her books and no friends. Now, she's ascended the normal status to an alicorn princess with the help of six friends. It's too bad she's still a book nerd.

There's nothing wrong with being a book nerd, B. I've seen you flipping through gun history books on your offtime.

Hey! BFGs are important!

When a great evil from the depths of Tartarus came to Equestria and started stealing magic from pony kind, the princesses decided that the best course of action was to rid themselves of their magic before Tirek could claim it for his own.

But since magic doesn't just go away, they had to put it all somewhere. Let's put it in the inexperienced princess who has yet to master her own alicorn abilities! That's a great idea! It's not like anyone actually pays attention to those giant stain-glass windows. Right?

All joking aside, it did seem to prevent him from absorbing any alicorn magic for a short time. It's a good thing too. All of that magic added to her own made her unstable and caused a few magic spasms. It made moving the sun and moon quite a comical sight.

She became faster, stronger, and teleported uncontrollably. Eventually, this caught the eye of Tirek and she kept overshooting her mark due to her effortless mach speeds.

But when her owl was endangered and the place she called home was utterly destroyed, it set her priorities straight. She was able to conjure shields that could deflect enormous energy beams, strength to withstand full mountain bodyslams, and the power to knock an all-powerful Tartarus entity down.

Remember when this show used to be for little girls? I'm sure they ate this two-parter right up.

However, even in this form, Twilight is not invincible. Magical opponents of equal or greater power levels can still levitate her without warning and can sap the magic right out of her.

And as a princess of friendship, she won't leave behind her friends if given the chance.

But as long as they're out of harm's way, watch out for her blinding magical force.

Ka... me... ha... me... HA!

"Ha! See? Perfectly controlled teleporta-"

Twilight ends up teleporting to Canterlot, a buffalo stampede, and between a rock and a hard place in rapid succession.

"Urrrrg."

---Death Battle---

"G**d**nit!" yells the second-best Saiyan, "Why is it that every opponent I face lately is either a robot or a lab rat? At this rate I might as well just stay in the earth woman's bed and not scream like a jack**s saying..."

"Somebody stop this crazy thing!" hollers a lavender blur that's leaving behind a pink, indigo, and white trail behind her.

"I was going to say, 'Come to me, Bulma,' but that works too." The Saiyan smirks as he flies up and chases the blur. He shouts, "Hey, you! You're not a lab experiment are you? I need a warm up before taking on some real opponents."

"Sorry, sir," apologizes the speeding pony, "but I'm kind of in a hurry. There's this green giant that I have to put a stop to and-"

But the man is hearing none of it as he conjures an energy bullet in his hand and launches it.

"Wah!" yelps the pony as she's surrounded by a purple light and vanishes. The bullet passes harmlessly through the air. Meanwhile, she reappears behind the saiyan.

"Now that I have your undivided attention," he says smugly, "show me if you can experience fear."

---Death Battle---

Vegeta
-Saiyan, son of King Vegeta of Planet Vegeta
-Currently residing as one of Earth's defenders
-Can reach Super Saiyan 1 & 2 without aid
-Ki manipulator: ki blasts, volleys, Gallick Gun, Big Bang Attack, Final Flash, Destructo Disk, and others
-Hypersonic speeds
-Can breathe underwater and in deep space
-Arrogant and denies that Kakarot is stronger than he is

Here he is, folks. The bad**s anti-hero and wielder of Super Saiyan swagger. The royal elite of Dragon Ball warriors. It's Vegeta!

Vegeta is of royal Saiyan blood and he's quite proud of it. He's constantly increasing his power over time and doesn't try to hide that fact.

In Death Battle history alone, he's taken down the Ultimate life form Shadow along with Silvermania, the biggest threat the internet has ever seen.

His triumphs over his enemies aren't without effort. Under constant training, he has mastered a variety of attacks that utilize his ki energy. Such attacks require a combination of physical capabilities and a strong will.

Most of his attacks take the form of giant laser beams and energy blasts. His more famous attacks are the Gallick Gun, an attack he specifically intended to destroy the Earth, and the golden planet-busting Final Flash, which takes forever to charge up. Though, he isn't above stealing attacks from other ki warriors like Krillin's Destructo Disk.

Other attacks in his arsenal include the rapid-fire bullet volley and large explosion called the Big Bang Attack. He doesn't wield any physical weapons. He doesn't need them.

He can move and fly at hypersonic speeds and he can breathe in extremely harsh atmospheric conditions like underwater and outer space. When he stops holding himself back, he breaks through the limits and becomes a Super Saiyan. Then, he'll go even beyond that to a second form. Power is in the exponential increases.

But even with all that strength and diversity of abilities, he is not without weakness. He constantly takes offense when he thinks Goku looks down upon him and his arrogance leads to underestimating some of his stronger opponents.

You know you're having a bad day when a mechanical b***h is breaking your arms.

"You... stupid wench. You only broke one of my- AHHHHH!"

Man, that is one heartless c**t.

A blue-eyed woman suddenly breaks into the commentators' section.

She sighs. "Yep."

B's yelps and screams can be heard in the background in addition to some collisions and whacks. Meanwhile, another man wearing an orange neckerchief lands next to W.

"Want to join their game?"

No, no, I'm good.

"Suit yourself."

*Ahem* In addition to his arrogance, Vegeta has no special resistance against magic and mental attacks. Plus, he has a tendency to let his brute force become his strategy.

The best kind of strategy. Ow! Hey! Stop! Augh!

"There's one thing a Saiyan always keeps... his pride!"

---Death Battle---

"FIGHT!"

Vegeta slaps his palms together. "Gallick Gun... fire!"

A purple laser beam shoots forth at a neck-breaking pace. Princess Twilight's eyes widen as she zooms down. Her path is barely traceable by the four-colored trail she leaves behind. It swivels left, around, and above the attacking beam and its source. Two hits can be heard as the trail pass through Vegeta's position.

"Heh, you're not as bad as I thought you'd be," comments Vegeta. His smile grows slightly. "Let's see if you can handle this."

The Saiyan starts growling as energy begins to radiate around his body. He starts yelling out a single syllable as the gathering energy becomes a yellow color. Soon, his hair follows suit while his eyes take on a blazing, blue hue.

"Suck on these, ja pony!" He alternates shaking his open palms in front of himself. With each jab, a blue energy pellet rockets through the air.

Twilight takes careful observation of the blasts coming her way. With a cautious look on her face, she teleports through space and flutters around the volley. Unfortunately for Vegeta, he still has this tendency to aim where his opponent is and not where she's going. Before he knows it, she's right above his head.

His instinctual reaction works out, though, as he delivers a punch into her lower jaw. She backflips through the air before regaining her flight balance.

"Ha! I think see some blood," brags Vegeta, "You might as well give up now."

Twilight blinks twice. "Okay." Her quick departure leaves behind the multi-hued trail.

Vegeta snaps his neck before chasing after her. "D**n it! I was kidding!"

As he flies along, he holds out an open palm above his head. He growls as sparks surge around his hand. Within a couple seconds, some bright energy forms above his hand in the form of a spinning saw blade. He exclaims as he waves his arm forward. The saw blade of energy flies ahead of him.

Twilight takes a quick, worried look behind her. Just as the destructive disk is about to make contact with her, her own teleport spell surrounds her. She vanishes.

Aw, crap. Vegeta stops midair. I forgot that the bald one's attacks are s**t.

The princess appears right above him, with the colorful trail still following her flight pattern. There is a loud collision as Vegeta is sent hurtling into the solid ground below. Rocks and dust are displaced as he quickly stands back up.

"That does it!" he calls out as he blurs through the air between himself and the pony in seconds.

He delivers an audible kick against her before flying above. He then delivers a double-fisted smackdown sending her for a flipping backspin. He then holds his palm down and open, except for a thumb. A whitish orb forms out in front of the extended arm.

"Big Bang Attack!"

The orb launches forth, growing slightly larger in radius. At this time, Twilight opens her eyes and straightens herself out. She shakes her head briefly before conjuring a bluish-white shield that surrounds her entirely. The Big Bang Attack makes contact with her shield. It pushes both the shield and her closer and closer to the ground.

Eventually, the offensive orb runs out of patience and expands. It explodes into smoke and displaces a large chunk of the land along with it. Vegeta observes the destruction and chuckles... at least until a reddish light flashes behind him.

He turns around just in time to witness the large magical sphere swirling with colors. Twilight clenches her teeth as she releases the magic against her foe. He lets out a yell as he gets forced to reintroduce himself to the ground.

...

Vegeta can be seen at the bottom of a newly formed crater. His arms and legs are spread out and he grumbles in anger. The grumbling is quickly replaced with a high-pitched squeal as a pony suddenly stands on top of all four of his limbs at once. Our background sound effects guy goes nuts with the "bone-breaking" audio clip.

"Look, mister," Twilight tries talking again, "When I said I was in a hurry, I meant it. Maybe when I'm done protecting my home from the threat that I was warned about, we can resume whatever this is later. But right now, I'll have to call a raincheck."

She takes flight, somehow forcing Vegeta to be lodged even deeper into the ground. His blondeness turns off at this time. He continues to hang his mouth open and spout syllables of pain.

"K.O.!"

---Death Battle---

Ho boy. The Dragon Ball fans will have a hissy fit now.

Vegeta is loud and proud, but giving his opponent time to think turned out to be a huge drawback to fighting against Twilight Sparkle. Plus, his lack of special resistance to magic made him vulnerable to the princess's stronger moves.

Not to mention, Vegeta's overconfidence tends to skyrocket when fighting females, leaving him open to more mistakes. Let's face it, his greatest victory against the opposite gender was getting Bulma pregnant and even that was bittersweet. On the plus side, he's once again laid.

This round goes to Princess Twilight Sparkle.

---Death Battle---

The pink, purple, indigo, and white trail flashes against the open sky. It's pretty to look at for anyone that isn't swept away by its g-force. But the source of the trail has other thoughts on her mind.

Sweet Celestia. That guy was so eager to fight that he completely twisted me around. Now I don't know where to start looking for the threat.

"You seem to be in a rush," comments a new voice.

Twilight's eyes open wide. She flaps her wings rapidly in the reverse direction. The sound effects guy finds the "car brakes screeching" audio clip as Twilight slows down and halts herself. She gives the source of the new voice a slow look.

What stands out is the man's orange hair and spruced up black outfit. The fact that he's standing on thin air is of secondary concern.

"Sorry to get in the way," the man says while scratching his neck, "but... you're kind of disturbing my friends nearby what with all that reiatsu you're giving off." He holds out a curved, black blade. "I can't just let you waltz on by without teaching you some manners."

Twilight frowns. "Oh, not this again."

---Death Battle---

Ichigo Kurosaki
-Official title: Substitute Soul Reaper
-Given name literally translates to "strawberry", though it can also mean "one-five" loosely meaning "fifteen"
-Weapon of choice: Zangetsu, a Zanpakuto that resembles two blades; a khyber knife and a trench knife
-Shinigami powers: Swordplay, Shunpo (flash step), immense spiritual power and endurance, enhanced strength and durability; Getsuga Tensho (Moon-Fang Heaven-Piercer); Bankai: Tensa Zangetsu
-Quincy ability: Blut Vene (Stilled Blood Guise) that grants survival against critical attacks or stops severe blood loss inflicted by said critical attacks
-Null and void abilities: Hollow; Fullbring
-Has difficulty controlling his reiatsu; sometimes acts without thinking

At first, Ichigo Kurosaki was a normal teenager living in Karakura Town living with his two younger sisters and...

Someone receives a kick to the face.

"You let your guard down! Always stay alert when you enter a room when you're late for dinner."

... his father.

And he could see dead people. Oooooooo.

Spirits of the departed.

That's my favorite booze!

But the normalcy wasn't meant to last. After a bit of convincing, endangerment of friends and family, and a little help from a...

"Robber!"

*Ahem* ... Rukia Kuchiki, he became the second Substitute Shinigami, or Soul Reaper.

Since then, his life and others have been constantly thrown in the way of dangers of monsters called Hollows.

"These monsters attack the living and dead to devour their souls. Any questions before I go on?"

Um... what's with the crappy bunny drawings?

Anyway, he's made friends and enemies of several varieties. All the while, his strength and abilities have been constantly fluctuating.

Whether too weak or too strong for his opponents, he's kept a few trademark qualities. Not least of which is his weapon of his inner spirit, Zangetsu.

Every Soul Reaper is granted a unique Zanpakuto, soul-slaying blade after reaching a certain point in their training. Every one of these weapons holds unique powers that can be released upon their wielder's command. Zangetsu in particular used to take the form of a large butcher knife. But after years passed, Ichigo was able to access its true power and form. Two blades make the whole of this weapon: a large khyber knife and the smaller yet arguably more deadly trench knife.

While this is technically a dual-wield weapon, he usually prefers to fight with just the big guy. When he concentrates his re-at-su... spiritual pressure, his sword can release the iconic Getsuga Tensho. This powerful wave is said to be able to cut through Heaven itself at full power.

But Ichigo cannot use this technique indefinitely and usually relies on quick, physical combat for the majority of any given fight. His abilities as a Shinigami complement this style of fighting well. His strength, speed, endurance, durability, and swordplay have all been raised to new peaks thanks to his training with Urahara Kisuke and the spirit of Zangetsu itself.

He can also further increase his speed with Shunpo or the "flash step", which is kind of like teleporting for modern, anime-based samurai. What is it with anime characters and instant transmission moves?

When its shikai form isn't enough, Ichigo releases his pressure and the phrase "Bankai" to tap into Zangetsu's final form, Tensa Zangetsu. Despite its humble resemblance to a normal Zanpakuto, the blade is actually much more durable, stronger, and easier to swing. Not to mention, using the Getsuga Tensho in this form creates a much stronger wave of spiritual pressure than its shikai form.

You don't need to look grandiose to kill your enemies. But there's one other secret we've yet to reveal about Kurosaki.

As it turns out, Ichigo carries within him the blood of a Quincy on his departed mother's side. With this added to his genetic code, he holds another form of defense in addition to his Shinigami endurance. The Blut Vene as it's called gives him the ability to survive critical attacks that would otherwise kill him and helps to stop severe blood loss from wounds created by said critical attacks.

Oh. I was thinking more along the lines of being able to turn into a partial Hollow called a Vizard and that Fullbring training.

Well, spoiler alert: Ichigo actually loses those abilities thanks to an aggressive Kugo Ginjo, the first Substitute Shinigami.

Proving that first really is the worst.

Whenever getting into a fight for lives, Ichigo shoves back his irritation for a more serious attitude, honing his fighting instinct and using one hundred percent of his strength.

That could lead to some problems. Unlike a lot of other Bleach characters, Ichigo can't seem to control the surge of energy he uses. When this happens, he could very well destroy his home, friends, and even himself in the process.

Still, Ichigo is willing to fight to protect the people and souls that he cares about. He does not let hatred rule his swinging arm. Rather he stares at his enemies determinedly, trying to understand them, giving them the fight that they desire and/or deserve.

Not bad for a "strawberry".

"'Stands a chance?' It's not like I exactly stood a chance against any of my other enemies, either. I just defeated them because I had to."

---Death Battle---

"FIGHT!"

Kurosaki launches off from his patch of air like a 100-meter dasher at the Olympics. Though his resulting motion looks more like a glide than a run. He raises his weapon while letting out a roar. Within a couple feet of his foe, he starts swinging it this way and that way.

Twilight barely manages to fly around his broad strokes. Up, right, left, and down she shifts. The last swing manages to nick a feather. Flinching with a grunt, she teleports around behind him and tries a hind-leg kick. At the last second, the dull side of Zangetsu blocks the attack. Discouraged, Twilight flies back a bit waiting for the next move.

She needs only wait two seconds as Ichigo raises his Zanpakuto. Some bluish white reiatsu starts waving around along the blade's edge.

"Getsuga... Tensho!"

The blade swings and releases a huge arc of bluish white energy. Quickly, Sparkle conjures a white, translucent shield to surround herself. As the 'heaven slicer' makes contact, we can hear her straining grunts against the attack. The shield begins to show a small crack just as reddish light surrounds her.

Ichigo's attack continues to fly through the sky as Twilight reappears closer to the visible scene. She gives her opponent a determined look as magical sparks of various colors race around her horn. A large beam of four colors roll through the air and collide with Ichigo's blade. He clenches his teeth against the force... before he swings his sword upward, sending the magical attack through the atmosphere.

"If you're going to get more serious, then I will too," comments the Shinigami while grabbing his sword arm with his other arm. "Bankai!"

Raging flames of spiritual pressure race around Ichigo. Twilight squints her eyes as she looks at the scene in front of her. After about two seconds, she opens them with a look of confusion. The outfit of the man has altered drastically. Additionally, his blade looks a bit less like a butcher knife, and more like a black katana. But as quickly as Twilight can take all of this in, the man vanishes.

Ichigo reappears briefly in front before vanishing again. He starts moving around the air all around Twilight. This movement is so quick that there appear to be at least ten Ichigos running around the sky at once. But it appears that Twilight's eyes are a bit faster than the audience's.

Each of the images of Ichigo swings his blade at Twilight with blinding speed. However, each of these swings are blocked with a light magenta shield, carefully placed at each of the attack points. Twilight's horn burns with the other princesses' magic while her own spell works in overtime.

Eventually, the Substitute Shinigami jumps back from his quick assault and focuses himself. This time, blackish-red reiatsu travels along Zangetsu's blade. Meanwhile, Twilight's conjuring magical energy of her own at the tip of her horn. The combatants take a flying leap at each other before releasing their respective blasts.

"Getsuga Tensho!"

Sparks of red and white energy dance, clash, and mix in the air. As quickly as this number starts, it stops. Kurosaki and Sparkle float in the air with their backs turned to each other.

A drop of blood drips from Ichigo to the ground. He starts bending down. Before he goes any further, he drives his Zanpakuto into a pocket of the air's spiritual pressure to hold himself up. Meanwhile, a much larger gush of blood runs out of Twilight Sparkle's side as she falls the full distance to the earth below.

Ichigo stands up and swings his blade to the side, shaking off the small layer of blood in the process.

"K.O.!"

---Death Battle---

Never bring hooves to a sword fight! ... wait... Let me try that again.

Ichigo can have pride at times, but it does not overcome him in a fight which he considers honorable. Additionally, his combined Shinigami and Quincy blood kept the critical damage dealt to him to a minimum.

The pumped up princess gave a good effort, though, using her strategy to match Ichigo's speed. She was even able to copy Ichigo's trademark technique after just one analysis.

But when using the shikai Getsuga Tensho against its bankai counterpart, it didn't measure up.

And you all said Twilight was OP.

The winner of this round is Ichigo Kurosaki.

---Death Battle---

*drip*

Huh? Twilight's eyelids twitch. Water? I'm still alive?

The sight of a little girl with her mouth open blurs into her view. Following that is a what appears to be a splash of the liquid contents of her mouth. The implications hit Twilight's mind in an instant and she lets out a scream unbefitting to royalty. She quickly scrambles away from the sight in front of her.

"What are you doing?!" she exclaims.

"I'm drooling on you," says the little girl while smiling widely.

"Yes, I can see that!" yells Twilight. "What I meant was why? That's completely unsanitary!"

Ichigo pats the little girl's skull for a cap. "There's an interesting thing about Nel's saliva. It heals up all kinds of wounds."

"That's right, Itsygo!" affirms Nel.

Oh, ten showers won't be enough to feel clean, Twilight shivers. She suddenly looks back. "Wait, why did you take the time to heal me?"

"You're fighting for more than just yourself, aren't you?" inquires Ichigo. "I could see it in your eyes during that last attack."

Twilight gasps. She then looks down briefly. She nods.

"There's someone that you need to protect too," Ichigo observes.

"My friends are counting on me," Twilight confirms.

"Then don't let me hold up any more of your time," he insists, "It sounds like something you need to do."

"Yeah, go save your friends, Ms. Bad Pony!" exclaims Nel.

An exclamation point and question mark briefly flash above Twilight's head. "Bad pony?"

Ichigo waves a hand back and forth in front of his face. "Don't mind her. She thinks everyone that fights one of her friends is one of the bad guys."

"Um, okay," Twilight responds while opening her wings. "Bye!" She launches into the sky, causing a large shockwave through the air.

Good luck, thinks Ichigo as he picks up Nel and starts the long trek home.

---

Twilight lands in a grassy area, while sliding up a lot of dirt in the process. She quickly scans her surroundings.

"Celestia and Luna said that the green menace was around here. But where is it?" she wonders.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that anymore," answers a new voice, "I already handled him."

Twilight jerks her head to find the source of the voice. "What? Who are you?"

It appears to be an extravagantly caped man levitating ever so slightly while surrounded by a golden glow.

"I am a master of the mystic arts," he replies. "Care for a demonstration?"

---Death Battle---

Doctor Strange
-Name: Stephen Vincent Strange
-Affiliations: New Avengers, Illuminati, Defenders, The Order, Midnight Sons
-Master of magic including extended longevity and flight
-Genius-level intellect
-Skilled neurosurgeon and martial artist
-Wears the Cloak of Levitation, negates evil magic with the Eye of Agamatto, and knows white magic using the Book of the Vishanti
-Slashes enemies with Mystic Sword, counters projectiles with Seven Rings of Raggador, and ensnares his opponents in a magical explosion with Astral Magic
-Sometimes has trouble keeping his ego in check

Stephen Strange was once a brilliant doctor at New York Hospital. However, his giant ego and materialistic nature would soon get the better of him. The same car accident that killed his brother Victor ended up taking away the doctor's hands, shattering the bones within. Unable to find the necessary fix to his surgical hands, he soon exhausted all of his options and resorted to "back alley" practices to make any amount of cash.

Then, the Ancient One felt sorry for Strange's selfish *ss and agreed to train him in the mystic arts, after Strange saved him from Mordo's murder attempt.

For a while, Strange served as a mystic consultant and fought off demonic entities like the Possessors and the Bottle Imp. He secretly fought against Nightmare and Baron Mordo. He has also fought for and against Loki and even alongside the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man on multiple occasions. He has even come so far as a special consultant to the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and the Avengers.

But most importantly is that he got hitched to Clea.

Under the alias of Doctor Strange, Stephen plays the role of Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. With this responsibility comes his mastery of the mystic arts. He usually calls upon the powers of the Vishanti: Agamatto, Hoggoth, and Oshtur. Other powers stem from the Octessence.

Like any good magician superhero, he can shoot mystic bolts, levitate objects, and teleport. He can also bend time and banish foes to alternate dimensions, but these two abilities take all of his concentration to do so, which makes them pretty much useless unless his enemy is busy twiddling their thumbs.

Other powers include partial intangibility, a mystic sword, and extended longevity. He can negate evil magic with the Eye of Agamatto, conjure bursts of white magic with the Book of the Vishanti, and deflect projectiles with a protective shield called the Seven Rings of Raggador. Though, physical and melee attacks can pass right through it.

When he wants to wrap things up, his Astral Magic is perfect for causing a huge explosion of yellow magic energy.

While Doctor Strange may have an exaggerated ego at times, he does have the genius-level intellect and years of martial arts to back it up. But he must be careful when using black magic, or else he'll lose his sense of self.

I mean, if I had to take a tentacle-shaped monster named Shuma Gorath and stuff him inside of me every time I had to use that power, I'd try to avoid using black magic too.

But even without using black magic, entities as strong as Galactus need to stay on their toes when fighting the Sorcerer Supreme.

"I've heard the Dr. Strangelove jokes. I'm not amused."

---Death Battle---

"FIGHT!"

The caped sorcerer swings his hands in front of himself. To the winged mage's surprise, three floating orbs appear and surround her. Strange then proceeds to launch a green fireball directly into one of the floating lights. The three lights seem to play a weird game of pinball with the fire until it hits the last one. A large laser shoot out, targeting Sparkle.

Twilight yelps right before conjuring a bright, white shield around herself. The laser's energy dances around the outside before the little floating orbs dissolve completely. Twilight takes this moment to conjure some magical spheres of her own. With a jolt from her horn, these balls of energy soar ahead.

Doctor Strange disappears as the pony's attack blows up that patch of ground. He reappears right in front of his opponent as an aura of yellow surrounds his hand.

"Mystic Sword!" he declares while waving that hand. The sound effects guy has trouble keeping the sword-swinging clip in time with the flashes of light that resemble a sword rapidly swatting through the air.

The princess grunts and flinches before vanishing in her familiar teleporting light. She reappears behind Strange and starts shaking her head about. A white mass of magic follows her deliberate motion. Strange blocks this onslaught by shaking his cape this way and that. But, he appears to be being pushed back. After a few feet of floating backward, he holds up his open palm.

"Eye of Agamatto!" A giant, yellow orb floats above his head. Though, Twilight continues her attack and doesn't seem to be affected at all. Strange is pushed back once more.

So, her magic doesn't stem from evil, huh? he thinks, while pulling out a book from who knows where.

"Spell of Vishanti!"

Preparing for the worst, Twilight puts up her shield early. Her decision is soon revealed to be wise. A pillar of yellow magic streams up from the very ground, blocking out the audience's view of her. The pillar wanes before she drops her shield.

Immediately, she conjures forth multiple colors of magic into a single point. In the next instant, a giant beam comprised of those same colors races forth. Doctor Strange's reaction is immediate.

"Seven Rings of Raggador!" He twirls around as rings of blue light give way to a shield of his own. The offensive beam appears to be sucked into the shield itself. In almost the exact instant, a new beam composed solely of light blue shoots out from the shield in the opposite direction.

However, the Sorcerer Supreme fails to hit anything. The target is already on the move. She teleports to a new angle and fires a second beam. She teleports again, firing another beam from behind Strange. Once more she disappears in her magenta light.

Each of these attacks are absorbed and countered to blast a patch of the battlefield. But then, Twilight does the craziest thing by teleporting right next to Strange... and proceeds to buck him in the shins.

The shield disperses as the caped man recoils. He conjures two more floating orbs and launches a green fireball at them, giving it more speed and power. But Twilight conjures a similar orb of her own. When the fireball makes contact, a laser is launched in Strange's direction. He quickly blinks out of existence and back into existence above her.

Strange tries swinging his Mystic Sword again, but a certain golden aura surrounds Twilight's horn. Each of the swings of the doctor's magic sounds like it is being countered by a sword of similar material, even though nothing physically shows up on screen.

He backs up a few paces before conjuring a yellow, circular seal on the ground beneath him.

"Astral Magic!"

A phantom that resembles the Sorcerer Supreme floats out and around Twilight, hauling a red magical chain. The phantom quickly returns to Strange.

"Daggers of Denak!"

Several small spinning disks of yellow light float around the chained pony. Meanwhile, Strange makes a few motions with his hands.

"By the holy hosts of Hoggoth!" He turns on his heel as the Daggers of Denak sweep in for the kill. At the same time, another Vishanti spell pillar bursts from the ground. It's as good as over.

So imagine his surprise when a burst of magenta light reveals the princess in front of him. Further still, yellow disks appear overhead and rush against him. Following that, Twilight aims her horn at the ground moments before a huge pillar of golden energy bursts from the ground in front of her.

...

She continues staring with determination as Strange teleports off to the side.

"Interesting," Earth's sorcerer comments, "You appear to be able to copy spells after seeing them for the first time." He chuckles. "With a few years of proper training, you might even become half as good as I am in the mystic arts."

"Do you have a point?" inquires Twilight.

Strange turns himself as he floats there. "Well, you seem to have the defense of this world covered. I bid thee adieu. Teleport!"

With that, the sorcerer vanishes, leaving behind a confuzzled pony.

"~Are ee ess pea ee cee tee!~"

---Death Battle---

Was that an action-packed fight or was that a magic-packed fight? Ha ha!

Doctor Strange had a leg up in full-time experience, but his ego led to oversights of some key details. His shield could withstand any and all of Twilight's magical attacks. However, she can think on the fly and was able to chance a risk with her improved physical might. Additionally, she could copy Stephen's spells and use them to the same effectiveness that she saw them.

He doesn't like resorting to his endgame art of banishment since he likes toying with his enemies. Besides, Twilight would probably take any opening she could to dish out some magical punishment.

While these attacks would be distracting and painful, Strange's longevity would keep the battle going on for a while. His concentration would be focused on the battle, leaving nothing for the time and dimension ripping. As such, it would be a long competition of stamina. Both combatants had plenty to spare.

For now, it looks like the Marvel and Equestrian universe will be happy to just leave each other alone.

This final round is a draw.

---Death Battle---

Next time on Death Battle...

Supercharged Twilight may be on par with the men of the fighting multi-verse...

"I'm so sorry it had to end this way."

... but what about after she returns to her defaults?

"My enemies always fall before me!"

What will happen when the clash for "Best Princess" isn't just between the four alicorn ponies?

"I believe I have the power to spread the magic of friendship across Equestria."

Coming Whenever

Author's Note:

Oh my gosh. :ajsleepy:
Why did I do that?

PreviousChapters Next