• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 7,349 Views, 871 Comments

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For (A Death Battle Parody) - TundraStanza



Think about it like Death Battle, only with less death and more hyperactive dialogue. It all started with a fateful encounter between Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. It turned into something bigger.

  • ...
34
 871
 7,349

PreviousChapters Next
Side Battle: A Spark vs. Many

Please make sure that your "Formatting" is set to "Dark", not "Light". Thank you.

A/N: Can they stack up to Shadow the Hedgehog? Maybe.
Properties in this chapter belong to Hasbro, ScrewAttack, Netherrealm Studios, and Blue Breeze.
---

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For

Season 3

E Side 12

Newspaper doesn't even begin to describe how red and black all over this is.

Red and black are common go-to colors representing love or blood and sin or death.

Well, I'd love to see the blood of these sinners as one of them dies.

On one side, we have the pegasus pony Dark Lightning.

On the other, we have Ermac the black-and-red palette swap of Mortal Kombat's generic ninjas. She's N and I'm F.

And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills, to find out who would win a Death Battle.

---Death Battle---

Dark Lightning
-Pegasus pony from the Everfree
-Current residence: Golden Oaks Library, Ponyville
-Faster flier than Rainbow Dash
-More arrogant and brash than Season 1 Rainbow Dash
-Manipulator of lightning
-Signature move: Lightning Grenade

"What's wrong? Didn't spend enough time warming up?"

At a glance, Dark Lightning appears to be your typical anti-hero. He accidentally killed his father at a young age and lived in the Everfree Forest for years to come. After getting hog-tied by Blue Breeze, and a word from Princess Celestia, Dark became a resident of Ponyville's library... well, in that story's universe anyway. I've certainly never seen him there.

*sarcastic tone* Right, because the events of your world are like the bible of OC stories. *end sarcasm*

Oh, hush.

Wait a minute. How did he accidentally kill his father?

Hmm... When it's an accident, I think we call that "ponyslaughter".

Ew... With a past event like that, you know he isn't going to be pleasant to talk to. Hell, his brash and cocky attitude is about a grade worse than Equestria Girls' version of Rainbow Dash. Oh, shots fired!

True, it's very easy to find a conversation where he has at least one insult ready for each of the ponies present.

But Dark doesn't just talk crap like young Dash. He even flies fast like Dash, faster if he really wants to.

Such speed is rather appropriate for his simple battle strategy of rushing his opponents. Additionally, he will use dirty tactics to win a fight if given a chance, unlike Rainbow who eventually learned to overcome her cheating instincts.

Another thing that sets this ***hole apart from Dash is the weather-specific powers. His focus is solely on the lightning. How apt.

He can increase the damage of his kicks by turning his hooves into tasers, channel electricity through the ground and shock the enemy from underneath, and even create blades composed of lightning.

Despite the similar effects to those of the thunder god Raiden, Dark can't defy every law of physics. Insulated ground made of sand, dirt, or wood prevents him from conducting electricity very well.

Even with that slight limitation that grounds him in reality, Dark Lightning can still use his personal technique: the Lightning Grenade. More powerful than an EMP grenade, this ball of compressed electricity can knock out large foes in the direction that he throws it.

With his speed and electrical powers, he may just be able to strike down his foes before they know what hit them.

"How about I show you how dangerous I am?!"

---Death Battle---

Ermac
-Fusion of souls that were destroyed in Outworld's wars
-Alignment: Unwillingly Evil
-Uses "we" and "our" rather than "I" and "my"
-Fighting styles: northern and southern Chinese martial arts
-Powers: Telekinesis, realm travel (teleport), force ball
-Fatalities include an explosive uppercut, crushing the enemy's body before tearing them in half, ripping off the opponent's limbs, and "Pest Control"
-(In second timeline) Has officially lost battles against Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, and Kurtis Stryker

"We are many. You are one."

Over the centuries, Outworld challenged, reigned victorious, and destroyed countless other worlds.

One morning, Shao Kahn decided he had enough souls and decided not to eat them. Instead, he fused them all together in a weird ninja-shaped conglomeration and called it Ermac.

The souls within Ermac's very being conflict with each other on a regular basis. In order to assume semblance of control, he had little choice but to follow the orders of his creator, Shao Kahn. In doing so, he stood as one of the best and last few lines of defense against Earthrealm in the Mortal Kombat tournaments.

He's got some serious identity disorder. Almost every pronoun that comes out of his mouth is a "we" or an "us".

While this annoys opponents to no end, the souls do agree on enough knowledge to utilize both northern and southern styles of Chinese martial arts.

These are amped up by this abomination's telekinetic powers. He can throw his opponent with his mind, float by himself and increase his falling speed to make his kicks count, teleport around the battlefield, and shoot force balls. Once he feels like he's tenderized his enemies sufficiently, he performs one of many Fatalities.

He can perform an uppercut powerful enough to make a human head explode, crush an enemy into the fetal position, rip off a person's limbs via telekinesis, shrink an enemy down before wiping them off his boot, or turn himself into a frog.

Wait, what? Ha ha ha! How does turning into Kermit make you more deadly?

In spite of all of his impressive uses of telekinesis, he only has a humble number of victories to his name. The list of fighters that have managed to best him include Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, and Kurtis Stryker.

How do you lose to a bicycle cop that can't even fire lethal bullets on a perfect headshot?

"We will break you as well."

---Death Battle---

All right, the combatants are set. Let's settle this debate once and for all.

It's time for a Death Battle!

---Death Battle---

A pegasus stallion flaps and hovers into this oddly red arena. The place is covered in stalagmites. At the edge against one wall, a column of green spirits spins around. They seem to notice the intruder's presence and circle around the room more erratically.

"You have disturbed our regeneration process."

Several of the green spirits gather at a single point. A shape grows out of their merging. It looks like a man clad in red and black. Onlookers could confuse him for a red Scorpion if it weren't for his glowing green eyes.

"D**n, you ugly," comments the pegasus.

"FIGHT!"

Ermac mutters something incomprehensible under his mask. Simultaneously, he reaches out a hand as something green swirls around his fingertips. A similar green force grabs ahold of Dark Lightning.

"Huh? What the...?"

Dark tries to fly forward, but the weird force slowly pushes him back. It then promptly slams him into the floor. Ermac then jumps straight up. A force of green arcs itself underneath his feet. He hovers for a moment before slamming down faster than normal gravity should allow him to do. The ground shakes so hard that Dark gets thrown into the air.

The pegasus quickly recovers from the toss and flaps in place. He aims his front hooves down and performs his own ground slam. But instead of causing a small-scale earthquake, a stream of electricity flows from his hooves into the floor. It snakes around some of the stalagmites before channeling through Ermac's feet. The result is an amusing spectacle of the ninja's skeleton.

"I'm going to enjoy killing you," says Dark with a smirk.

He takes flight and soars straight ahead. He makes three quick passes, colliding with his opponent each time. Ermac finally recovers and seems to vanish into a green hole. When Dark's fourth pass hits nothing but thin air, he looks around in confusion. This is quickly remedied by Ermac teleporting to Dark's blind spot.

The ninja throws a punch before vanishing again. Dark spins around... only to take another punch from behind. Ermac teleports and his kick collides with the stallion's face. Dark growls before flying straight up. He successfully dodges Ermac's next physical strike.

"Cheap trick, coward!" Dark calls out as he aims himself at a downward angle. "Now hold still so I can zap you like a stallion!"

Ermac holds his hands out in front of him. A green ball of telekinetic energy shoots forth and collides with the diving pegasus. Dark recoils from the impact. Ermac keeps his hands out as his green power surrounds his fingers and the pegasus.

"We will break you," say his many voices in unison.

Dark grunts. "Not if I break you first!"

Despite his body not responding to commands to move, the stallion still manages to charge up a large ball of electricity and launch it down. The Lightning Grenade detonates and shocks the ninja, breaking his concentration. Free from the telekinetic hold, Dark flexes his hooves like a pair of shock gloves. He flies over and passes by Ermac several more times, electrifying the ninja with each punch.

All of the electricity leaves Ermac in a daze. He rolls his head around dizzily. A dramatic chord is played as the arena grows strangely dim. Dark concentrates his lightning into a huge electrical sword. He slashes it through the ninja's body twice to make an "X". He then proceeds to charge up and throw a second Lightning Grenade right at the torso. The electricity causes Ermac to contort and cry out just as his body flies off in five different directions.

"FATALITY!"

Dark laughs. "Now you're dead, so... uh..." His eyes open wide as he suddenly comes to the realization that a corpse can't feel insulted. "D**n it!"

---Death Battle---

Well, I guess it's time to find the orange Scorpion, because the red one is fried.

This was surprisingly close considering the abilities involved. While Ermac can teleport around, Dark Lightning could counter with his natural-born speed. Both of them had strong, ranged projectiles and each had a unique ability that could undermine the other.

The difference was at the core of their characters. Ermac often fought to protect the interests of Shao Kahn and has lost against competitors that have fought fair and square. Dark Lightning was less apt to do so and used fatal electricity for kicks and giggles.

Ermac isn't used to fighting very fast opponents and even had trouble combatting another electric enemy called Ashrah.

Hell, he loses to Stryker on a regular basis. Stryker! You know that guy that can't even get a proper headshot when his bullets hit? I'm sorry. But no respectable ninja loses to that cop.

The edge was only slightly in Dark's favor, but that's what would allow him to win the majority of encounters.

In the end, Ermac was shocked by his defeat.

The winner is Dark Lightning.

---Death Battle---

Next time on Death Battle...

A dramatic orchestra plays as the Triforce glows on the screen. A blue shield with a star at its center shines next to it.
---

Author's Note:

Yes, I appropriated some information from Y and A. What can I say? They do some pretty fine research.

PreviousChapters Next