• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 7,344 Views, 871 Comments

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For (A Death Battle Parody) - TundraStanza



Think about it like Death Battle, only with less death and more hyperactive dialogue. It all started with a fateful encounter between Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. It turned into something bigger.

  • ...
34
 871
 7,344

PreviousChapters Next
Kneel, Mare in the Moon

A/N: Please make sure the setting in the upper right reads “Dark” and not “Light”. Thank you.

No Autobot alive could stop Decepticon Barricade from suggesting this matchup.

Properties in this chapter belong to Hasbro, Screw Attack, and DC Comics.
---

The Moment No Pony Was Waiting For
Season 2
(22)

Look, it’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s… killing us all! AAAAAH!

Ah, it’s good to be king of the seats again.

N and F have moved back to Side Battle for now. But, B, it’s not exactly a position of royalty.

I know. It’s because I rule.

*muttering* Is it too late to bring back those ponies?

Ah, you can talk to your two girlfriends some other time.

Wait, what?! They’re not my-!

Oh, hey! We’ve got a suggestion that got buried in the sea of comments. *ahem* Superman proved that he was the superior alien warrior by beating the Ki out of Goku.

W makes a mental note to deal with B later.

However, the heroes aren’t the only ones itching to pick a fight. Once again, we’re bringing Nightmare Moon into the fray, complete with powers added to her repertoire in the Season 4 premiere.

She’ll be squaring off with first-time combatant General Zod, Krypton’s rebel leader and Superman’s evil stalker.

As was done with Superman, we’ll be focusing on the modern Zod, as he was re-made after 1985.

He’s W and I’m B.

And it’s our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

---Death Battle---

Nightmare Moon
-Possessor of Luna
-Fueled by her own hatred and envy
-Powerful in strength, relative flight speed, and magic
-Lightning strikes and magical beams of pain/destruction
-Wears plated armor
-Has the ability to shape-shift
-Vulnerable to the Elements of Harmony

"There can only be one princess in Equestria! And that princess... will be me!

A thousand one years ago, Princess Luna's jealousy became too powerful for her to contain. Combining her own essence with that of a shadowy power, she was refigured into the pony of eternal night: Nightmare Moon.

And that, dear viewers, is why we keep the lights on from several different directions. W and I will never feel like we're stuck in each other's shadow.

When did you get all these lights?

Advantage Program funding.

I don't know what I was expecting.

Nightmare Stripper wears plated armor, boots, and a helmet. Don't ask me why. Her enemies never bother striking those particular body parts.

Nightmare Moon holds all of the powers she did as Luna. These include, but aren't limited to Pegasus flight, earth pony strength, and unicorn magic. Somehow, her own hatred and negative emotions increased the potency of these skills tremendously.

Yeah, really! Have you ever seen an Avada Kedavra spell blast through solid brick and crumble concrete bridges?

It's not specifically the killing curse, B. It's actually a basic burst of magic intended to cause pain and suffering. The property damage is just a nice bonus.

Well, I guess. I like it better when she chooses to cast freaking lightning bolts at people.

Nightmare Moon also has the ability to alter her physical body into other forms.

The default form aside from black pony is a dark, purple cloudy thing that's somehow capable of splitting solid cliff sides and facial hair. She can also split her cloud body into three smaller bodies that can shape-shift separately from each other.

Despite her array of the dark arts, she tends to lack any sense of tactics. Often, she flies in headfirst, horn blasting, and hooves stomping. On top of that, her patience of waiting on the moon caught up with her, making her prone to sitting through speeches of the heroes.

Not to mention, she has a specific weakness to six pieces of jewelry which can either blast her into a pony-shaped face in the moon or strip her shadow from the princess she possesses. Which of these effects takes place? Well, that all depends on if you've got one pony or more shooting the ROY-G-BIV laser.

Yet if left unchallenged, her precious night may very well last forever.

All twenty-two minutes of it.

“I have but one royal duty now: to destroy you!”

---Death Battle---

General Zod
-Species: Kryptonian
-Ordered the creation of a Char look-alike in order to justify a war
-Deception was discovered before his banishment to the Phantom Zone
-Fueled by the power from a yellow sun
-Vast strength, speed, and endurance; super hearing; x-ray vision; telescopic, microscopic, and heat vision; super-breath and freeze-breath; invulnerability; healing and flight; telekinetic powers
-Detailed knowledge of military tactics
-Main weakness: Arrogance

"I will find him... I will find him."

I'm sorry. Could you say that one more time?

"I will find him!"

Nope, still not hearing it.

"I will find him!"

Ah, there we go.

Zod is an alien that originates from Krypton, Superman's home planet. Contrary to the Man of Steel's goals, however, Zod's main objective is to wipe out mankind and replace the population with genetically engineered Kryptonian life.

As his title suggests, the general is pretty savvy in military tactics. However, this knowledge doesn't save him from being sucked into the Phantom Zone for rebelling against his fellow Kryptonians.

Zod shares many powers with Kal-El, including his super strength, speed, flight, hearing, breath powers, and heat vision. Additionally, he has some telekinesis. This allowed him to pull a gun to his grasp from several feet away.

There was even a time where he controlled Lex Luthor's body, but uh... that was with help from Braniac. D**n. I wanted to see more brainwashing powers.

He may share powers and abilities with Superman, but he also shares weaknesses to green and red Kryptonite. These radioactive rock fragments can either drain his powers or cause unpredictable bodily transfigurations.

Aw... look at the cute, general bunny.

A squeaky "Kneel!" is heard.

Never mind.

In addition to his lack of magical resistance, Zod carries one more weakness: arrogance. While he has the power to match and even overpower Kal-El, he may overlook his vulnerability to his foe's desperate strength.

Let's hope he can keep his head on straight for this battle.

I will find him!"

---Death Battle---

All right, the combatants are set. Let’s settle this debate once and for all.

It’s time for a Death Battle!

---Death Battle---

“Giant dragon, bring back to life all of the people that were on Earth before it blew up!”

“Your wish has been granted.”

With those closing words, the Dragon Balls disperse from Kami’s place to scatter around the world.

“Wait, how many times have you done this?” wonders Superman.

“About once every five years,” replies Goku as his halo vanishes. “Why?”

“But, that’s…” The Man of Steel fails to grasp what he’s hearing. “It’s like death has no consequence for you people.”

“Huh.” Goku scratches his chin in thought. “I guess it really doesn’t.”

Meanwhile above the stalker’s other-worldly camera equipment…

“So, Kal-El,” mutters a dark, shadowy figure, “you believe yourself high and mighty by taking down yet another alien capable of destroying planets. When my next plan is fully in place, no amount of wish-granting dragons will be able to repair the suffering I cause to you.”

“And… cut!”

“What?!” The shaded figure spins around. “Who is there?”

*snap*

The two figures disappear in a flash of white light.

---

*Brr-zap!*

An extra figure stands with the original two. However, the background is much different. It appears that we are looking at the remains of an old castle. But, its arrangement of gargoyle statues is incompatible with any known cartoon castles. The full moon high in the sky completes the imagery.

The third entity abruptly turns to look at the second.

“Discord? What is the meaning of this?”

The first entity looks between the other two, obviously confused.

Oh, it’s nothing important really. I just wanted to play a little game.

“I have little time to waste on Loki-equivalent fools,” comments the bipedal. “Explain yourself, abomination, or I shall make your death a slow and painful one.”

Oh my! We’re getting crazy with the villainous threats… three.

"I should've crumbled your statue into dust," mutters the pony.

Five.

"Wait," interrupts the man, "What?"

Oh, don't mind me. Please continue.

He clears his throat. "Do you have any idea who you're talking to?"

One hundred and twenty-four.

A random record scratches as the mare demands, "Okay, stop! What the hay are you doing?"

Well, I've been hearing lines from heroes and villains alike so often that I've decided to keep a mental list of how many times I've heard specific phrases.

Some crickets chirp off screen.

Two hundred ninety-seven.

Wait, are you counting my lines too?

Anyway, the rules of this game are simple: Kill the other villain in this location and you win. Doesn’t that sound fun?

---
A/N: *Angry breathing noises*
---

Oops! Sorry, Nightmare and General. I must be going.

*snap* *Frr-zap*

---
A/N: *sigh* Happy place, director. Remember your happy place.
---

“All I have to do is kill the horse of Pestilence here?” Zod smirks while floating off the ground. “This won’t take long.”

“Don’t be so sure, ape,” Nightmare Moon retorts while flapping once to get some lift. “You may last a few minutes.”

FIGHT!

The Mare of the Moon aims her horn. A large stream of black and blue energy shoots forth. The blast of magic makes an impact with the suited general. He grunts aloud and grits his teeth. He then seems to vanish in a blur. His vanishing act doesn't last for long as the audience catches a glimpse of his fist just before it hits his enemy in the chest.

Nightmare Moon is sent flying for a few meters before colliding with a stone gargoyle. The statue crumbles to pieces. She shakes her head before her eyes glow white. Her smoky mane surrounds her before separating into three distinctly Pegasus shaped ponies. Dark zip lines signal their flight.

The Shadowbolts take a few flying passes against the Kryptonian. However, he looks more like he is angry as opposed to hurt. He throws his fist at the first Pegasus and a heel kick at the second. After a sharp intake, he exhales profusely at the third. The cold wind is strong and spreading over a large area. The poor, freezing pony falls to the ground, shattering to pieces.

Nightmare Bolt One and Nightmare Bolt Two shake off their pain and swirl into dark clouds. The ice cubes on the ground do the same thing. The three clouds climb higher in the sky before merging into one. Lightning streams around inside the cloud before a huge bolt strikes down.

General Zod expresses his pain in a gibberish sound effect. He quickly flies up and around the outskirts of the cloudy figure. With nary a warning, he clasps his hands together, lifts them above his head before arching them in a two-handed sword-swinging motion. The clasped fist makes contact with the clouds.

The alicorn lets out a yelp as she resumes her default form. She flaps in place as she regains her bearings. Meanwhile, a gargoyle starts rising from its seated position. Zod's open hand moves from pointing down to pointing in front of himself. The gargoyle is flung upward. Just as it's about to make contact, Nightmare Moon blasts another magical burst. Another gargoyle is now a pile of pebbles and dust.

Nightmare Moon's eyes glow white just as Zod's turn crimson red. A large stream of magic bursts forth to meet a concentrated beam of red heat. The sheer power being exerted from both combatants shakes the very atmosphere. Some of the taller parts of the surrounding castle crumble down into themselves.

The camera focuses on Nightmare who is growling in fury. We pan over to Zod who is... not there? Nightmare stops her magical attack and vocalizes her confusion. A certain general zooms in behind her with his arms open wide.

"Kneel!" he shouts. His hands come in for a clap... and squish Nightmare's head and helmet into a mess of blood and metal.

The rest of the alicorn's body falls to the ground. Zod continues to fly in place while laughing out loud.

K.O.!

---Death Battle---

I was wondering when we’d finally see her get herself killed in an official capacity.

It was a complete massacre. Zod’s accomplishments may pale in comparison to Superman, but any Kryptonian powered up by the sun can easily overpower someone ill-trained for the hardships of war.

You might think that Zod’s lack of magical resistance would make him more vulnerable to Nightmare Moon’s greatest attacks… and they did. But while magic was able to inflict pain, it wasn’t enough to kill him.

Besides, Zod trumped Nightmare Moon in speed, strength, powers, and battle tactics. While Nightmare Moon would blow up anything around her just for the sake of hitting her enemy, Zod was able to stay ahead of the game with his superior sense of strategy.

Plus, the time it takes for the solar energy to drain from Zod is a pretty d**n long time. Hell, he’d have enough to end Nightmare at least five times over and some extra to spare. I guess I was wrong before. Nightmare Moon is the one that needs to keep her head on straight.

The winner is Zod.

---Death Battle---

Next time on Death Battle...

"I will kill as many people as I can as long as you are one of them!"

*epic piano number*

As if fighting an anthropomorphic hedgehog wasn't enough...

But wait!

"I'm not a punk who can sit back and do nothing."

*Orchestral number*

It seems another man wishes to interrupt...

Wait, who is that?

"I'm starting an all-female Defenders. What do you say?"

With all of these epic contestants, who in Equestria could possibly take this 'three-strikes-you're-out' challenge?

"This is the role I am meant to play...!"

---Death Battle---

Author's Note:

Man, I was afraid that I was never going to finish this chapter.

PreviousChapters Next