• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 7,344 Views, 871 Comments

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For (A Death Battle Parody) - TundraStanza



Think about it like Death Battle, only with less death and more hyperactive dialogue. It all started with a fateful encounter between Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. It turned into something bigger.

  • ...
34
 871
 7,344

PreviousChapters Next
New Wings Equals Rematch

Please make sure that the "Formatting" setting is set to "Dark", not "Light". Thank you.

You know what? You're right. It's time to bring these combatants up to date. Let's do this thing!
Properties in this chapter belong to Hasbro, ScrewAttack, and Craig McCracken.
---

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For

Season 2

(29)

Let's go out for some air, shall we?

Leaders have fought before and these two leaders were pitted together in the parodic Death Battle ring.

But now we get to watch them fight through our proper colors!

From post-Season 3 of the Generation 4 ponies, we have Twilight Sparkle.

Still kicking butt before bedtime, it's the Powerpuff leader Blossom.

He's B and I'm W, and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

---Death Battle---

Blossom
-The "Smart One"
-Attends Pokey Oaks Kindergarten
-Created from Sugar, Spice, Everything Nice, and Chemical X
-Can run and fly at hypersonic speeds and is super strong
-Laser eyes, X-ray vision, ice breath, sonic shout, street dancing bubble shield, self-shrinking vibrations, explosive loogie
-Cannot roll her tongue
-Finds it difficult to cope with failure

"Why do they always pick the hard way?"

In a lab experiment pushed the wrong way by a destructive monkey, Professor Utonium accidentally created the Powerpuff Girls. Using their super powers, Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup dedicated their lives to fighting crime and the forces of evil.

But the catch is that they have to do all their superhero work before bedtime. It's convenient that in Townsville, evil has to sleep too.

Blossom's young mind is developed far beyond that of her peers. Her understanding of a large vocabulary, calculus, and history give her an edge above the enemy, though she sometimes loses her sisters when trying to explain what she has planned.

All three of the Powerpuff Girls can fly at hypersonic speeds and punch effortlessly through buildings. They've also got a bunch of other crazy-as-s*** powers such as an anti-plasma shield created simply by break-dancing and explosive loogies! What the *eff*?!

Unique to Blossom is the ability to freeze objects into solid ice with her breath. Oddly enough, this becomes a pseudo-fire breath in extremely cold conditions, though she seems to have trained to minimize this.

While this is cool and all, Blossom is still a little girl, prone to all the fears and worries that people have as kids like monsters under the bed and the evil sand man. I guess a green monkey and a living embodiment of the cross-dressing devil himself weren't scary enough for this girl.

Although Blossom is often looked to for the plan, she doesn't take well to failure. Her will to act and her concentration can slip by her if things go horribly wrong.

... until Buttercup knocks some sense into her.

"Attack pattern: Alpha-Omega-Atari, go!"

---Death Battle---

Twilight Sparkle
-Official title: Princess of Friendship
-Current residence: a blinding, crystal castle tree in the middle of Ponyville
-Ascended to alicorn after completing Starswirl's incomplete spell
-Can fly and use magic simultaneously
-Teleport, Levitate, Conjure, Transmutate, Magic Beam, Magic shield, Wind and Water control, Partial Intangibility, Illuminate, Spell Replication, Dark Magic
-Well-read
-Adorkable and worrisome over some of the most minute details

"Is there a book about being a princess I should read?"

Do we really have to keep telling you people about this lavender alicorn? I mean, you did see all of those previous fights involving her, right?

Let's review one more time for the folks that somehow skipped to this chapter first.

*Sigh* All right, whatever. Once upon a time in Equestria... yada, yada, yada... makes friends, reunites the sisters, stays in Ponyville, studies friendship, completes a spell, becomes a princess, turns into a Super Saiyan, turns into Sailor Moon, beats at least two versions of the devil... blah, blah, blah. You get all that?

W deadpans before rolling his eyes.

Sure, why not?

Good, 'cause I'm never saying that again.

Anyway, Twilight's magic has advanced well beyond accidentally incinerating passengers in a simple teleportation. As described before, she can use her magic in several different ways. She can even copy the effects of spells after just one observation of someone else performing said magical feat.

When placed in a tight spot, her hesitance in flight seems to vanish entirely.

However, she is not infallible. Her self-inflicted stress over small details can sometimes interfere with sensible decisions and actions.

And she goes back and forth between wanting to know her place as royalty and just trying to fit in with other ponies. Well, I can't blame her too much. Sometimes, I can't tell if I want to use the shotgun on my leg for humiliation or just use the tried and true boomstick junior that I cradle in my arms at night.

Right. Wait, what?

"I'm sure none of the ponies will even know I'm here."

Exclamations of "Wow, look over there!" and "This is amazing!" can be heard.

"Could be wrong, but I think they might have noticed."

---Death Battle---

All right, the combatants are set. Let's settle this debate once and for all.

It's time for a Death Battle!

---Death Battle---

A red bow pans onto the screen before we see the orange hair that it's attached to. The girl stands on the building top to survey Replica Townsville. Everything seems in order until the sound of something large flapping gives her a reason to turn around. Her big pink irises open wide at the sight.

"You!" she exclaims.

"Want to go again, girlfriend?" asks the flying horse toy.

The Powerpuff Girl briefly smirks. "By my calculations, your defeat is as very likely as it was last time."

The pony lands. "Let's put that to the test then, shall we? It's time for a pop quiz."

"FIGHT!"

Blossom takes a flying leap while Twilight does the same. Blossom is lost to the naked eye as a bright, pink light crosses and zigzags around the sky like an annoying, little insect that won't leave you alone. Red laser blasts are emitted from the light at a few precise moments. Twilight remains calm as she puts up an orb of magical force around herself. Five laser blasts bounce off the bubble harmlessly.

The Powerpuff slams down onto the rooftop, not out of fatigue but of determination. As she looks up, the alicorn flies down diagonally. Magic is concentrated at the horn before a fairly large beam of energy is launched forth. Blossom grabs her knees and starts spinning really fast on her back. Within a second, an opaque, pink orb crackles all around her. Similar to how the lasers bounced off Twilight's shield, her magic blast reflects off of Blossom's barrier in another direction.

The orb vanishes as Blossom launches herself back into the sky. She takes a deep breath and exhales an extremely chilly breeze. Twilight's wings stop moving and she starts to drop. However, her horn shines a bit before she phases right through and resumes flying. It leaves an empty ice sculpture to shatter upon impact.

Twilight lets loose another magical bolt. Blossom is quick to retort with a cancelling laser eye. Blossom zips around the sky at a ridiculously fast pace while firing more laser shots from her eyes. Twilight manages to keep up the pace with a combination of teleports and magic blasts. Onlookers from below can enjoy a brightly sparkling fireworks display.

The pesky pink light switches it up with a punch to the pony's face. The slow motion activates as Twilight receives another muzzle punch from underneath. She shakes her head before setting up her shield again. The field vibrates in several places as Blossom wreaks havoc via super-fast punches.

After several seconds of her fists of fury, Blossom floats in one place panting heavily. Twilight quickly flutters over and delivers a kick. The girl slams down against a corner of the pavement and a building. She opens her eyes and stares at the pony approaching on the ground.

"The game isn't as fun when you're losing, is it?" asks Twilight.

Blossom retorts by taking a loud sniff. Twilight shows visible disgust on her face. Blossom opens her mouth wide before spitting what looks like a pink bead of light.

Twilight barely has time to ask, "What the bu-?"

*BOOM!*

...

Holy crap. It looks like a giant mushroom cloud is overtaking that entire section of the street. Many virtually recreated citizens run for their lives away from the explosion while making sure the high-pitched screams are the loudest. Blossom slowly takes a couple of steps, all the while breathing heavily. A small smile crosses her lips before immediately opening in a gasp.

Trotting toward her inside the safety of a translucent sphere is Twilight Sparkle. The explosion did more damage to the arena than anything else.

"That's really disgusting, you know?" asks Twilight rhetorically. Her shield fades.

Blossom doesn't answer, opting to collapse onto her back instead.

"Foe Blossom has fallen asleep."

---Death Battle---

Is this really that same lavender unicorn we saw getting tossed around like a sandbag before?

While Blossom still holds the advantage of speed and strength, her stamina is still that of a young child's. While it far surpasses normal levels in bursts, in essence, it is a candle burning twice as bright and half as long.

Both Blossom and Twilight are book-savvy nerds, but while Blossom is still rounding out everything that's within a kindergartener's grasp, Twilight has had time to develop an understanding of all sorts of different situations and gained a whole new arsenal of spells. Not to mention, her practice has increased her potential and magic storage even further.

Both of them are level-headed and many of their powers can counter each other. However, Twilight tends to make better use of her defensive strategy than Blossom.

At least Blossom managed to atomically spit in the face of defeat.

The winner is Twilight Sparkle.

---Death Battle---

Author's Note:

And with that, the second season of TMNPWWF comes to a close.
It's been a blast, folks.
I'm hoping to start "Season 3" of this in September.
Later!

PreviousChapters Next