• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 7,325 Views, 871 Comments

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For (A Death Battle Parody) - TundraStanza



Think about it like Death Battle, only with less death and more hyperactive dialogue. It all started with a fateful encounter between Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. It turned into something bigger.

  • ...
34
 871
 7,325

PreviousChapters Next
Another Mouse Bites the Dust

For optimal reading, please set the "Formatting" in the top right to "Dark", not "Light". Thank you.

A/N: A death via blender is just plain stupid. Let's give him a slightly more appropriate ending.
Properties in this chapter belong to Hasbro, ScrewAttack, Nintendo, and Game Freak.
---

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For

Season 3

E 4

Fast as lightning and ferocity to match, their very presence can bend the weather to their whim.

It's time to bring back the face of Pokemon Yellow, Pikachu.

He'll be putting his speed and electricity to the test against the Wonderbolt Academy dropout, Lightning Dust.

He's W and I'm B.

And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

---Death Battle---

Pikachu
-Pokedex entry #25; The electric mouse Pokemon
-Height: 1'4"; Weight: 13.2 lbs
-Ability: Static, paralyzes foes upon contact
-HP: 182 (Below avg); Attack: 144 (Avg); Defense: 108 (Below avg); Sp. Attack: 123 (Avg); Sp. Defense: 80 (Below Avg); Speed: 291 (Above Avg)
-Likes: Ketchup, blowing up Team Rocket; Dislikes: Being inside its Poke Ball, Thunderstones
-Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Electro Ball, Volt Tackle

"Chu... Pika!"

Weighing sixteen kilograms and standing barely over a foot tall, Pikachu is Ash Ketchum's first Pokemon and a loyal shoulder companion. They've been through several adventures together. A lot of which would create PTSD conditions in a normal 10-year-old child.

Though, he didn't start out that way. That mouse used to be a dick who loved zapping anybody that moved, hated Poke Balls, and refused to evolve. Two of those three still apply. Scratch that! All three of those still apply.

Throughout most of his ventures, Pikachu's EV training has been inconsistent.

Hold on a minute. When did Eevee become a part of this conversation?

EV stands for Effort Value and is dependent on different conditions whenever a Pokemon levels up. Based on observation and inference, we've compiled some estimated values. His health, defense and special defense are all pretty poor but his speed makes up for those tremendously.

Pikachu's not just quick on his feet. He's got two sacks of electricity stored in those adorable red cheeks. They're the source of his electric attacks like Thunderbolt or the way more powerful Thunder. He's also got the strange Electro Ball which actually does more damage when the enemy is slower.

Quick Attack is a priority move that strikes enemies before they can react and Iron Tail acts as Pikachu's ace against Rock-type Pokemon.

When he needs a finisher, he pulls out his ultimate attack: Volt Tackle!

The Volt Tackle is practically strong enough to dominate his opponents. However, there is a huge drawback. Pikachu must sacrifice one third of its maximum health points just to pull it off.

Talk about giving up an arm or a leg.

While the fact that it doesn't want to use a Thunderstone to evolve into Raichu still evades my understanding, Pikachu's feats are fairly impressive. One of those accomplishments is battling the legendary Latios to a standstill in Ash's battle against Tobias in the Sinnoh League.

That should've been a win for Ash! Using legendaries in a Pokemon League challenge is for noobs!

Well, it's technically legal.

I know. Who'd you think I was mocking with that over the top hating?

Fair enough.

"Pika...Pikachu."

---Death Battle---

Lightning Dust
-Debut: Season 3, Episode 7; Pegasus pony
-Height: ~4'; Weight: ??
-Flying fast, pushing limits, and being the best
-Can bust clouds with precision kicks
-Can create giant tornados but can't control them
-Lacks consideration and respect for others

"Let me show you what I've got, ma'am."

Lightning Dust was an up-and-coming pegasus pony who dreamed of joining the Wonderbolts.

A lot of her traits seem similar to those of Rainbow Dash, right down to her self-confidence and karate kicks.

Her raw speed talent even exceeded Rainbow Dash's by being able to straighten herself out in less than seven seconds after a maximum level trial on the Dizzitron, which is essentially a centrifuge for flying ponies.

Lightning Dust has broken many academy records, at least according to Spitfire.

However, she has a bit of a superiority complex and often attempts to go far beyond safe measures in terms of her physical limits. She can create large tornados with just her flight speed, but she cannot control their direction after the fact.

She's kind of a dick to fellow cadets and even the captain. Oh, what's that? I almost murdered five of your best friends? Well, they're still alive, so it's not my problem.

She was soon called out for it and demoted from her position as a lead pony. Afterwards, she showed one more similarity to Rainbow Dash in the form of insecurity. There's no knowing if or when she'll return.

If or when? Doesn't that describe more than half of the one-shot characters that show up for a specific plot?

Fair enough, B.

"Not every pony is destined to become a Wonderbolt. Only the best of the best, right?"

---Death Battle---

All right, the combatants are set. Let's settle this debate once and for all.

It's time for a Death Battle!

---Death Battle---

A partly cloudy day marks the arena in the middle of a grassy landscape. Some tall trees line up here and there. A quick electric guitar solo and riff plays as a lightning-marked trail of turquoise rushes down from the sky to slam to the ground. Dirt clears away to reveal a smirking pony standing tall.

A gentler acoustic guitar plays as the other contestant scampers onto the scene. It lightly scratches behind its own ear before taking a good look ahead. Its red cheeks start gathering a few sparks of what look like static.

The pony chuckles. "This won't even take ten seconds."

"FIGHT!"

Lightning Dust spreads her wings and dashes forth. At the same time, Pikachu scurries on all fours. A white glow surrounds him and he nearly vanishes from the audience's sight. Three smacking noises can be heard as Dust winces against all of them. Pikachu reappears smiling behind her.

The pegasus snorts a little as she leaves behind her trail. A couple more smacks can be heard while we see Pikachu getting bounced around by the greenish-blue blur. Suddenly, sparks start racing around the mouse's body.

"Pika!"

He unleashes the power of Thunder. The spreading range catches Lightning off guard as she gets the jitters mid-flight. She lands on her hooves and shakes her head. Meanwhile, the mouse is busy charging up some more electric charge.

"Chu!"

A Thunderbolt is launched forth and Dust takes another shock. She takes the hint and rushes, flying all over the place. Another Thunderbolt barely misses its mark. Pikachu conjures what looks like an orb of electricity on its tail before launching it skyward. Dust leans left out of the way.

She soars down for a couple more speedy flybys and manages to kick the mouse left and right. Pikachu hops into the air. His tail glows a metallic gray.

"Chu...Pika!"

The Iron Tail collides with Lightning Dust head on and she receives an intimate relationship with the grass. Pikachu backflips before landing on his tail, then drops to his paws. He starts a slow scamper that gets progressively faster and faster. The mouse is completely covered in a whitish-yellow, electric field.

"Pikapikapikapikapikapika!"

Struggling briefly, the pegasus gets back on her hooves. With one flap, she quickly ascends to the sky. Finally opening her eyes, she starts flying around in circles. She gets closer and closer to top speed with each revolution. The very wind bends to her direction, forming a giant tornado.

Something goes wrong for her. Dust starts shaking against the wind's very force. Within seconds, she's sent into a cycle of involuntary backflips several yards away from her creation. As she starts slowing down and regains a bit of control of herself, her lids open to reveal that her eyes are spinning.

Meanwhile at ground level, Pikachu is horrified to find that he can't slow down in time. The tornado sucks him up along with his Volt Tackle's energy. The tornado changes from a colorless cyclone to a swirl of yellow. A couple nearby trees get sucked in too. The audience can barely hear anything except for wind and thunder. A screaming cameraman is flung by as his equipment focuses on the helpless mouse.

After a while, a blur of yellow rushes sideways out of the tornado. Pikachu collides with a still standing tree as a few sparks still race around him. He slides down the trunk as his eyes resemble nothing more than spirals. The mouse lets out a quiet moan as the sparks finally fade.

"Kaa..."

"Pikachu fainted!"

---Death Battle---

D**n! That fight was a rush!

Pikachu's cute demeanor caught Lightning Dust off guard, letting him get in multiple Quick Attacks and even a few of his electric attacks. Even the Iron Tail was not something she could have been prepared for.

But that pony's no slouch when it comes to moving fast either. Not to mention she had the advantage of air mobility.

Now, there might be some calling out how Pikachu's electric attacks didn't outright defeat Dust since she would be considered a "Flying-type". However, pegasi have been proven to be able to take some electric shocks and still remain standing.

Besides, Pikachu takes excess damage in the anime from wings, beaks, and gusts of wind even though Flying-type moves are only supposed to do half of their normal damage against him.

Electro Ball was basically useless since Lightning Dust herself is a fast pony. Volt Tackle could have finished her off if not for her quick reaction time.

While she'd probably get spit out of her own tornado, it doesn't do nearly as much as a third of her maximum health as damage against her.

In the end, Pikachu's ultimate move combined with Lightning Dust's storm finished the job against his terrible defense and stamina.

Looks like Pikachu was really blown away by this battle.

The winner is Lightning Dust.

---Death Battle---

Author's Note:

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
...
There is no particular reason why I just said that.

PreviousChapters Next