• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 7,352 Views, 871 Comments

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For (A Death Battle Parody) - TundraStanza



Think about it like Death Battle, only with less death and more hyperactive dialogue. It all started with a fateful encounter between Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. It turned into something bigger.

  • ...
34
 871
 7,352

PreviousChapters Next
Side Battle: Oh... YES!

Advisory: Please set "Formatting" to "Dark" to allow brightly colored text to be legible. Thank you.

So... robots. Haven't had enough of those. Let's do it! Warning: Chapter may contain mild spoilers.
Properties in this chapter belong to Hasbro, ScrewAttack, Sherclop Pones, and Toby Fox.
---

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For

(Side Battle)

Wub-a-dubba-dub, is that true? Yeah!

A long time ago, all tasks were performed by these weird, alien appendages called "human hands". But then, people figured out that building machines to tackle the harder stuff was a much better idea!

Stretched truth aside, our combatants are a couple iconic robots in the fictional and/or fan-fictional worlds.

Mettaton: the Undertale robot with fabulous legs and a craving to kill humans for ratings.

And Sweetie Bot, the robotic Sweetie Belle from Friendship is Witchcraft.

Quick disclaimer: we might be taking a few liberties with information for the sake of keeping this fight interesting. With that out of the way, she's N and I'm F.

And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

~~~Death Battle~~~

Mettaton
-Classification: Boss Monster
-Robot body created by Dr. Alphys; soul provided by a ghost (Napstablook's cousin)
-Loves hosting quiz shows, cooking shows, theater acts, news reports, and the occasional battle sequence
-Basic robot form is impervious to projectile attacks and average human child strength
-Switch on back converts him into Mettaton EX
-Strong kicks, bombs, mini-bots, and solid white lasers
-Vulnerable soul in the center of his larger humanoid body; knocks off non-critical body parts when struck too much
-Uses up much more of his internal power than his base form
-Mettaton NEO has abysmal defenses and will wait forever to charge attack
-Fan-game version NEO v2.0 by 'BlastProcessed' and 'A Huge Pancake' (Redacted)

In a world created and controlled by... an annoying dog of all things... humanity lived alongside various monsters in relative peace. I say "relative", because fear can be a bikkhe.

Somehow, humans figured out that monsters could absorb the souls of humans, and that power scared them. So, war broke out between the two factions. After much bloodshed on both sides, it all came to an end when seven human mages sealed the remaining monsters underground. No matter how they struggled, no monster could conjure enough power to break this magical barrier.

Actually, the barrier had a nifty loophole. See, if a monster absorbed a human soul, they could cross the barrier back and forth with no trouble. And if they were lucky enough to absorb seven human souls, they could become a god among monsters and break the barrier to allow passage for the rest of monsterkind.

What grew into legend of the underground... is a story for another time. For now, we're focusing on the royal scientist under the monster king. Dr. Alphys is a shy, reptilian monster who allegedly tinkered with various substances that could mimic human potential. Among her experiments, she figured out the substance that allowed human souls in this world to exist even after the human body perished: Determination.

Sorry to say, this story is for another time as well. Also among Alphys's work was the creation of a robotic body that could be inhabited by a ghost monster. When the ghost monster entered this robot, they became Mettaton.

Mettaton has a huge ego and defenses to boot. Ordinary projectiles and attacks have no effect on his base form. The doctor even equipped him with weapons specifically designed for human eradication, on Asgore's request. Yet despite his arsenal including lasers, a chainsaw, and rocket boosters, Mettaton's primary calling is the entertainment industry.

Wait, you mean he turns into a television screen?

Not exactly. He's the star of the underground's only television programs. Once he's in front of an audience, he does everything from quiz shows to cooking, news outlets to bomb-defusing, and opera to dance-offs. There's nothing he won't try for a few extra good ratings.

And even if someone manages to distract him long enough to activate his switch, it's actually bad news for both himself and his target. He transforms into the pretty-boy Mettaton EX, complete with a shiny body, long legs, and kinky boots.

In this form, Mettaton has access to cross-section bombs, an army of mini-Mettaton bots, and kicks that can somehow attack the enemy independently from his actual legs' motions. He also has the power to rewind certain clips of the battle to try and hit his enemy with bombs that weren't detonated the first time around. And he has laser lights which can take solid properties and trap his foe in an unavoidable strike if they can't follow the rhythm of the disco ball.

There are a few drawbacks to looking so fabulous. First of all, his EX form takes up more power and drains his battery really quickly. Plus, he keeps moving his limbs sporadically like he's having a seizure. Additionally, his very soul is exposed if the enemy can get around the little, square shields circling it. Hitting his soul often enough can disarm him... and blast off his legs!

*A clip plays of a random black knight claiming, "It's only a flesh wound!"*

But as long as he dreams big, there will always be fans to support him among monsters and people alike.

"Who needs arms when you've got legs like these?"

~~~Death Battle~~~

Sweetie Bot
-Outward appearance: normal biological unicorn filly
-Voice and behavior indicates that she is a robot
-Loves Rarity
-Hinted that she has enough strength to cause earthquakes
-Unconfirmed weaponry stored underneath her skin
-Constantly describes errors
-Has somehow managed to hide her secret from everyone in her universe, including herself
-Weaknesses: Water, falling down stairs, verbal insults, infinite loop paradoxes
-Animated armory by Faceless Jr and Bench Thief Productions (Redacted)

The Friendship is Witchcraft universe is a very... diverse dimension.

You mean it's *eff*ing weird. Ooze-worhipping cults, a main cast that actively announces that they will murder the background and side characters, and skipping around plot points or going out of order for no reason whatsoever.

Now, now, F. There's no need for such harsh criticism. Fans are at liberty to imagine their work however they like. That being said, there is one decision that seems out of left field and non-critical to the episodic stories. In this depiction of Equestria, Sweetie Belle is a robot.

Shortened to Sweetie Bot by the fans, she tends to speak with a very monotonous tone even when her face betrays her emotional state. There's a constant grinding of hydraulics whenever she moves just one of her limbs. While limited to whatever clips the editor pulls from the main show, Sweetie Bot is only one of many oddities this fan series has to offer. I mean, this is the same series that made Fluttershy kill her father and married Twilight off to her brother. Good luck sleeping tonight, people that used to have clean consciences.

While it's unclear what Sweetie Bot can bring to the battlefield, there have been hints toward her abilities. If rejected and angered too much by her sister, she can create an limited-space earthquake for a short burst. She can also scan her surroundings for locating objects and for recognizing threats.

There's also a slight possibility that she has guns and lasers hidden somewhere underneath her exterior. Too bad we never get to see those in an actual episode. I could just imagine a fight idea in the future: Sweetie Bot vs. The Terminator!

However, there are a couple weaknesses that prevent her from being the ultimate robot. Sweetie Bot malfunctions when submerged in water for longer than a few seconds. She also has very poor balance, imitating a slinky as she falls down the stairs.

Well... let's make her fight a robot show-monster.

"The fun levels shall be at maximum efficiency. I shall acquire my yo-yo, hammer, and other objects of fun!"

~~~Death Battle~~~

All right, the combatants are set. Let's settle this debate once and for all.

It's time for a Death Battle!

~~~Death Battle~~~

Today is a good day for a meeting of the Snooty Snarky Vaders. Scootaloo, Input Name Sweetie Belle, and We're Friends are all huddled together in the clubhouse that Applejack set up so that they could leave her alone. For some reason, Former Princess-of-the-Night Luna is also in the clubhouse with them. The front of the structure is mysteriously missing its entrance door... and is in the middle of a space-like location.

"I'm lonely," says Luna through a mouth that is slowly losing teeth onto the floor. "Can I sleep with you children tonight?"

Scootaloo sighs reluctantly, despite happily flying in place. "I guess I can pull up my guest bed."

"Objection overruled!" We're Friends taps her mallet against the podium.

"Nyaow." Luna frowns. "I didn't even get to present the Thinker statue clock as evidence."

"I have good news and bad news." We're Friends clears her throat. "The good news is that we received a cool-looking piece of paper!" She holds it out. "The bad news is that I can't read anything on it."

Sweetie Belle's optics are "scanning" the contents of the paper. It appears to be a scam artist congratulating a lucky winner and that they will receive a fabulous prize. All the reader has to do to collect the prize is to follow the directions to the coordinates and face something that looks like a calculator with an electronic heart drawn on its face. After crunching a few numbers and jargon words in her data banks, she slides the piece of paper away into some unseen inventory and trots out. Her metal joints squeal as she picks up her pace.

"So... does that mean I can start vacuuming?" wonders Scootaloo.

---
1 hour later...

The completely biological life form stumbles into a crowded establishment. It appears to be a club containing dining tables and a stage. Curtains are drawn to reveal a brick wall behind it. The opening act is just a skeleton in a blue hoodie, cracking a few jokes that cookie cutter audience members are eating up and laughing out loud. A hooked cane slowly reaches out and pulls the skeleton off the stage.

A new entity strolls on stage via a singular wheel underneath its bulky structure. Several beeps and whirs are produced while a text box floats next to it, showing a translation for what it's saying. The little filly attempts to squeeze through the crowd to get a better look. Unfortunately, she manages to knock over a table and its candle. This somehow sets several tables on fire, convincing several of the audience members to vacate the premises.

"How rude!" The robot faces the unicorn filly. "If you're going to upstage me, at least have the courtesy to wait until the cameras get a good view of both of us."

FIGHT!

"As per the rules, setting the premises on fire is subject to a penalty." Mettaton points one of his robotic index fingers. It instantly blasts a loud, annoying laser that zaps the filly on the floor. She slumps down as her eyes flicker in rotating colors of red, green, and yellow.

"Warning: Power has dropped to 50%." She says as much to herself as anyone else. "Would you like to turn off non-critical tasks?"

"It'll have to wait, little girl." Metatton pulls out a stack of cards and straightens them out. "Question 1: If Papyrus drives his car at 60 mph, Sans miraculously rides his tricycle at 30 mph, and they pass each other after traveling for exactly 10 minutes, how far apart were Papyrus and Sans when they started?"

Sweetie Bot perks up and stands on all fours. "Fifteen miles."

"Correct!"

A pile of confetti pops out of one of the walls. Additionally, Mettaton pulls out a fire extinguisher and sprays the carbon dioxide mixture at the blaze. After a few seconds, the fire dies down. It leaves behind some charred remains of tables in half. The robot monster tosses aside the extinguisher before flipping over one of his cards.

"Question 2: Who is the most fabulous individual in this building?"

Sweetie Bot's eyes return to their original light green. "Um... Rarity isn't here at present, so... is it... you?"

"Oo, I'm sorry. You hesitated for too long, darling." Mettaton points his finger at the filly robot and shoots another annoying laser.

"Warning: Power has dropped to 25%!" Sweetie Bot sits down and lets out a whirring sound effect as her tail tries to recover its normal wagging pattern. "I conclude that this game is rigged. Probability: 62.7% + or - 1.5%."

"Oh ho ho ho!" The lights flicker on Mettaton's panel. "Isn't that part of show business? Crowds love it when people fight the odds and dramatically come out on top!"

"If you're such a fan of drama, then why are your curtains such a plain color?" Sweetie Bot manages to at least put weight on one of her back hooves.

"What? Say it isn't so!" Mettaton turns around. "Surely the owner remembered to hang velvet and lace like I requested!"

Sweetie Bot's eyes scan her target. It appears that there are letters that spell out "Switch" on Mettaton's back. There is also a conspicuous arrow pointing down from that word. Underneath the arrow, there is in fact a switch. She focuses something into her horn that imitates the flow of magic as closely as a robot can make it.

*Boo-deep!*

...

"Did you... just flip... my switch?" Mettaton slowly turns to face forward again. The lights flash wildly on his panel. His gloved hands drop his cards and hold either side of his rectangular frame. The stage shakes underneath him as he wobbles around. The lights shut off.

...

"Oh... yes..."

Sweetie Bot activates a night vision that makes her eyes glow in the dark. She searches for the robot, but all that can be seen clearly is a cloud of fog rolling across the stage. There's a silhouette, but it's hardly rectangular. If anything, it looks more like a long-limbed, flexible humanoid. He's smiling.

"How rude. You wanted to see my true form so badly? Well, lucky you." Mettaton EX rhythmically dances to the beat at first. But once it picks up, he starts twisting his limbs in ways that normal humans cannot achieve in such short time intervals. Actually, more high-heel, metallic boots shoot out of nowhere and attempt to kick the sole filly in the audience.

Sweetie Bot jumps this way and that, trying to avoid the kicks. However, one random foot manages to crash into her. A number in the top left of her vision drops from 25% to 10% very rapidly.

"Error: Critical failure imminent! Would you like to send a report?" Sweetie Bot's eyes start flickering red.

Mettaton EX opens his eyes wide and waves his hands in front of himself. "What? No! A report isn't necessary."

"Sending report..." Old computer dial-up noises emit from Sweetie Bot's mouth.

"Well, darn it." Mettaton EX frowns as his arms and legs continue to shake around to his own theme music. "This will take a good five minutes. Let's cut to a commercial."

---

???DB Commercial???

From the creator of the RPG where every decision makes a difference...

*Human! It is not yet your time! You must stay determined!

... comes the continuation of a story where "your choices don't matter"...

*Your precious creation... will now be discarded...

DELTARUNE: Chapter 2 - Finale**

**Release date: New Year's Eve, 3017.

!!!We're Back!!!

---

Mettaton EX summons rows of bombs to scroll toward the robotic filly. One of his summoned legs crosses from behind and kicks her in the rear.

"Reboot completed!" Her eyes glow a little extra green as the stage and floor quake. The bombs go off prematurely, leaving her unscathed. "Fear.EXE fully online."

"My, my... you actually have some fight left in you." Mettaton EX chuckles. "Let's have a heart to heart."

The humanoid robot shows off a floating valentine. It's white, upside-down, and surrounded by cybernetic cubes. Miniature versions of Mettaton's base form fly around the room via parasols. They toss valentine projectiles at Sweetie Bot. Her face warps like a miniature black hole, sucking in the projectiles. Her face returns to normal, looking no worse for wear.

"Is that the best you can do?" Things click and whir beneath Sweetie Bot's outer layer. "My sister has thrown worse things at me in her sleep!"

"Fancy yourself the star of this show?" Mettaton EX snaps his finger. "Then shine on you, baby!"

A large disco ball lowers itself from the ceiling. Several lights are released from this sphere. A couple streams of light are blue and they pass right over Sweetie Bot with no effect. The rest, however, are white and they collide with the filly like solid walls.

"Ow. ... Ow. ... Ow. ... Ow. ... Ow."

The number in the top left of her vision shines red-orange: 0%.

"System out of power. Shutting down..."

Sweetie Bot's gaze slowly turns to the floor. Her eyes stop shining with any color. The noises inside of her go silent.

"Somebody's in desperate need of a tune-up." Mettaton EX has a smug grin. "And it isn't me."

Defeated!

~~~Death Battle~~~

I guess that's one way to keep it PG-13.

Sweetie Bot may have a cult following, but that doesn't always result in a victory when it comes to an actual fight. In fact, we have very little proof of Sweetie Bot having any fighting experience. Most of her robotic capabilities are implied through vague hints. Some of which never show up again in future episodes of Friendship is Witchcraft.

Yeah... the fan videos of other artists showcase her using hidden missiles. But even those have been more for warding off enemies, rather than outright killing them.

Meanwhile, Dr. Alphys really did equip Mettaton with violent tools of the trade. Sure, it's specifically designed to kill humans, but a lot of his weapons are capable of damage in multiple blast radii. He barely even needs accuracy to hit his target. Technically, he has more battle experience play-fighting than Sweetie Bot has for her entire screen time.

She was a Sweetie... Bot not a fighter.

The winner is Mettaton.

~~~Death Battle~~~

Alternative finale...

Mettaton NEO charges up his royalty-free, Mega Buster. As the explosion of laser approaches the low-powered Sweetie Bot, artificial music interrupts the epic battle remix. It's slow... gentle... and 's not your, uh... usual boss finale.

"~And now... the end is near...
And so I face... his big arm cannon...
My friends... just so we're clear...
Love has been had... of which I'm certain...
I have lived... a flesh/blood life...
Each sistren hug... cold night and warm day...
And yet... my one regret...
It's not on Bluuuu-raaaay~"

The screen goes black, surrounding a small red valentine. It cracks down the middle before separating into six red pixels.
---

Author's Note:

Did I try too hard to make the pre-battle scenario match the tone of Friendship is Witchcraft? I feel like I take things too far sometimes without knowing where the acceptable boundary is. The same could probably be said for my word puns.

**Actual Deltarune release date is not yet verified.

Welp, onto a new year!

PreviousChapters Next