• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 7,344 Views, 871 Comments

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For (A Death Battle Parody) - TundraStanza



Think about it like Death Battle, only with less death and more hyperactive dialogue. It all started with a fateful encounter between Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. It turned into something bigger.

  • ...
34
 871
 7,344

PreviousChapters Next
You Shall Be Equalized

Advisory: For optimal reading experience, set "Formatting" to "Dark". Thank you.

A/N: Thank you, Leslie. I shall take this under consideration.
Warning! Potential spoilers ahead!
Properties in this chapter belong to Hasbro, ScrewAttack, and Nickelodeon.
---

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For

Season 4

Every system has its strengths, but it's way easier to see the faults in other systems.

Common goals can pave the path toward new alliances and camaraderie. But sometimes, a calm and cold hearted mind can mold those goals into a much more eerie cause.

Amon, the leader of the Equalists in Legend of Korra.

Starlight Glimmer of... "Our Town". Um... doesn't it have a better name?

He's W and I'm B.

And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

---Death Battle---

Amon
-Actual identity: Noatak
-Water bender; can move water in any conceivable fashion or shape with his mind
-Blood bender; can move any enemies with blood coursing through their veins; can do so without any gestures beyond his eyes
-Often misguides his enemies' attacks to leisurely move out of the way
-Pseudo-energy locking; can blood bend a specific chi point in the forehead to block another person's bending
-Despises all bending because it drove his father mad
-Led an entire anti-bending group of people known as the Equalists
-His ability to stop bending does not work on air benders

Amon is the terrifying and faceless mastermind setting up base underneath Republic City, and was intent on destroying all forms of bending.

But before he became the terror of the new Avatar's nightmares, he was once an innocent boy named Noatak. Noatak was the older of two siblings and a natural water bender. Noatak's father Yakone was found guilty of a crime that involved blood bending, a forbidden and dangerous art that was thought to only be possible on the night of a full moon.

Which is complete bull**** because Katara was able to do it that one time on a captain's ship in the middle of an afternoon.

Seeing the threat that Noatak's father posed, the adult Aang used his energy bending ability to take away his bending entirely. Yakone ended up in the midst of the Northern Water tribe, married, and had two sons.

Even though Daddy Dearest lost his bending, that somehow didn't prevent him from passing his bending powers to his next of kin, including the blood bending.

While his brother struggled to use the power and even begged to stop being forced to do so, Noatak enjoyed the art. Soon he was capable of bending the blood inside animals without any visible motions.

D**n! I was kidding that one time I said somebody should learn how to kill a man in a staring contest.

Despite his natural prowess in the art, Noatak resented his father and ran away from home. His hatred festered into loathing all forms of bending, specifically those forced upon him by his father and the Avatar, whom he blamed for driving his father into that obsession in the first place.

Later, he'd start a career of Masquerades leading those poor souls who couldn't bend any element of their own to turn their hatred against all of their oppressive, bending brethren. While his henchmen are slick acrobats that each carry two chi-blocking cattle prods, Amon prefers to face his prey alone.

He is quick enough to react to an enemy's movements, even dodging lightning bolts with ease. Combined with his ability to blood bend his opponents with just his mind, he created the illusion that he was a non-bender just like the rest of his Equalists. But he took his blood bending one step further.

With a precise touch of his thumb against a sucker's forehead, he can actually stop all of that person's bending powers... permanently. Well, except for the new Avatar. Spoiler alert: She's kind of got the plot backing her up with a good old helping of lazy writing.

It gets even more terrifying. Even though his brother eventually mastered the basics of blood bending, Amon was able to blood bend himself to keep walking forward even when all of his henchmen were being pressed into the ground.

Plus, when his cover was blown, he was still able to bend water to save himself from drowning.

However, that does bring up the subject of his weaknesses. He needs to breathe oxygen like any other man, he has difficulty combating the moves of air benders, and he cannot actually bend energy like he kept claiming to his followers. In fact, he has no actual care for the non-benders that support him. He just wanted the rest of the world to stop having bending powers, which would have eventually left him as the only bender in existence.

I'm just glad he can't stop my kind of bending if you know what I'm saying.

Unfortunately, I do know.

"What are you?"

"I am the solution."

---Death Battle---

Starlight Glimmer
-Unicorn pony with an adept pool of magic
-Magic abilities fall just short of Princess Twilight's
-Intense focus and impossibly fast reflexes
-Can freeze enemies solid or even steal their cutie mark
-Unless cutie marks are sealed inside magic glass, they will return to the original owner within a few seconds
-Can levitate herself to imitate flight
-Blames all cutie marks for separating her from her first friend
-Is incredibly dense when it comes to understanding the consequences of her actions

Starlight Glimmer was a calm, yet forceful leader of a town, dedicated to removing all newcomers' cutie marks.

But before she became Aria Blaze's illegitimate twin sister, she was once an innocent young book nerd who was friends with another bookworm named Sunburst. That thesaurus must be seeing a lot of wear and tear over at Hasbro.

Starlight was almost crushed by a tall stack of books, but Sunburst came to her rescue. After he did so, he got his cutie mark and immediately ran out to show his parents. Heartbroken at this new difference she had from her friend, Starlight came to loathe cutie marks as a whole and started her own village with the sole intent of taking away the marks from any who felt that differences only led to suffering.

Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense. You're telling me that in this partly medieval, partly magical, partly mixed technology land, that she really had no way of contacting and maintaining a long-distance relationship with Sunburst? She didn't even try one snail mail letter! I mean, come on!

As lacking as her reasoning may hold in Equestria's practicalities, Starlight became convinced that the only way harmony could exist was if every pony had no cutie mark.

And she replaced them with my worst enemy in life: Math!

Well, it's more like a very limiting force in the form of an equal sign. Any time a pony with that same symbol tried to exert their true talent, it forced them to tone it down so that they would be more of an 'average' standing.

So, if I had one of those equal signs on my butt, would my shotgun get downgraded to a wimpy pistol every time I tried to fire it?

I guess we'll never know now. After Fluttershy and Party Favor managed to expose that Starlight actually still had her cutie mark, the former leader lost control of her townsfolk and they managed to break her vault, get back their cutie marks, and return the favor to the Main Six by stopping Starlight and freeing their cutie marks from the unexplained captivity of glass jars.

But, that wouldn't be the last they'd see of her. After escaping into a system of caves, Starlight eventually stalked Twilight Sparkle in various locations, found a copy of Starswirl's time spell, and rewrote the whole d**n thing! What kind of crap is that? It wasn't enough that she now has spells on par with the Princess of Friendship, so she needed to be handed the power of time loops on a silver platter?

As overpowered as she may seem, she did appear to have a limit on her magic as seen by how exhausted she was after a duel with Princess Twilight. Plus, she was originally much farther behind her study of magic than Twilight who by the Season premiere's end had nearly mastered the Magic of Friendship. Still, learning all of those new spells such as magical flight in the span of one season shows that she holds a lot of potential compared to the average unicorn.

Yeah, potentially lazy writing! Even when faced with an alternate future where she successfully stops the Sonic Rainboom, which essentially resembled the end result of a nuclear apocalypse, she still couldn't understand that Twilight and her friends were the main characters and their victories were vital to Equestria's peaceful and harmonious state.

Well as Alfred Pennyworth eloquently put it, "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

"Cutie marks for cutie marks! Sounds like a fair trade to me!"

---Death Battle---

All right, the combatants are set. Let's settle this debate once and for all.

It's time for a Death Battle!

---Death Battle---

There's a quick "Season 5 Finale Spoiler Alert" tag that blinks on and off in neon lights. Though, the entire card is quickly ripped away to reveal the back of a unicorn's head. The clouds blot out most of the light, whether it's sunlight or moonlight. Winds blow furiously against this wasteland, scattering dust in every direction.

"Where are we?!" demands the unicorn.

"This is the future," says the other pony near the map, "or rather, the present."

"But there's nothing here!" The unicorn rudely points out.

"I wish I could say I was surprised, but-"

Whatever the princess has to say is interrupted by a giant tidal wave. She and her assistant dragon scream and yelp as the they get swept out of the scene. Meanwhile, the unicorn has the bright idea to surround herself with a aquamarine layer of magic and fly up. Eventually, the water passes to a slightly more reasonable river next to the round table map.

Starlight gently lands on top of the map and tries to get a good look at where the water originated. The camera follows the path of her gaze until the audience can see a hooded man. He wears a mask very reminiscent of the legion called Anonymous. While the dust is mostly clear from the air, the wind is still unpleasant.

"I see the impurities infect beyond the barrier of species," comments the man in a deep voice.

"Who... What are you?" asks the unicorn in annoyance. "And what do you mean?"

"Don't worry, little narwhal-horse." The masked man clenches his fists to his sides. "I will help you like no one else can."

"FIGHT!"

A moment passes where just the wind blows. The pony's mane and the man's cloak flap rapidly due to the push of the surrounding air. They stare at each other for a while. Finally, Amon calmly walks toward the table. The camera takes his point of view, looking through the eye holes of his mask. A muffled breathing can be heard as there is a slightly regular up and down motion. Then, the camera immediately switches over to look at Starlight.

"I don't know what kind of 'help' you're talking about," she says, "but I want no part of it."

Her horn glows and fires a few spells in the general direction of her new enemy. Amon barely flinches as he sidesteps around one spell after the other. He then breaks into a sprint, reaching a hand across the map that Starlight is standing on. Her horn glows into a small barrier that barely lasts for more than a second. It manages to push Amon back a few feet.

However, he twitches his arm ever so slightly. Starlight gasps as it suddenly feels like the blood squeezes together inside her veins and pulls her off the table. Whatever Amon is doing sends her tumbling across the wasteland's ground. He performs a finger taunt and she's pulled again to sit right in front of him. He holds her steady with his eyes as he reaches out a thumb to her forehead.

"You shall be cleansed of your poisonous powers," he insists before pressing his thumb against her head, toppling her over.

Starlight lands on her side, coughing and gasping for breath. Amon looks down at his presumably powerless opponent. He turns around, intent to go about his way. However, he's suddenly surrounded in a faint glow as light blue beam channels into his back. The camera pans slightly to see a smirking unicorn.

"I don't know what you think you did," she admits, "but the only one who'll be losing their cutie mark talent today is you."

Amon struggles to move. It takes a lot of concentrated effort just to move his head and turn to look at the pony. He squints. Some of the dirty water in the nearby river swirls up. It seems to stream around in a curved path before smacking Starlight upside the head. She flinches, releasing Amon from her stationary spell. Free for the moment, he turns around to face her completely.

"It seems I underestimated you," he concedes. "However, I won't make that same mistake again."

He attempts to yank her veins around again. But this time, she surrounds herself in a magic aura and moves in directions throughout the air where she wants to go instead. She lets out a laugh before firing a spell beam right down at him. Amon takes a quick step to the side and then pulls out more of the river to fling in quick lashing motions.

She levitates herself around into various postures to avoid the water whips entirely. She fires more spells in his direction. He dodges out of the way. He tries bending more water at her and to make her blood obey his command. She flies around and magically pulls herself out of his mental grasp.

Eventually, both of them are standing atop the map. She casts a spell to hold him in place. However, with her magic concentrated like it is, this gives Amon an inadvertently free opening. He uses his mind to blood bend her into an uncomfortable posture, pushing her face against the table.

Growling, Starlight casts a spell directly down at the map itself. The sound effects guy plays with a lot of noises that imitate the ticking of various clocks simultaneously. Both Starlight and Amon get sucked upwards through a portal in the shape of half an hourglass.

---

Another portal in that same shape appears just above Cloudsdale of the past. Amon lands on the solid road with painted lines like a bad*ss. He looks around, wondering where he is. But that thoughtful question is rudely interrupted by one more spell that freezes him in a block of crystal. Oddly enough, it has enough force to knock him over so that the side of the crystal with his back is resting right on top of a cloud. He's slowly falling through the softer material.

"Ha ha ha!" cackles Starlight as she floats herself just above the Equalist crystal she made. "I can't believe you fell for that."

There's a muffled growl from underneath the mask. Amon's eyes open really wide. One of them even pulses red, like his own blood is pressured too high. Starlight's bout of maniacal laughter is interrupted by a sudden feeling of being lightheaded. Actually, it feels like all of her limbs are simultaneously heavier. She can't even scream. Why, everything feels like it's being pulled away from the center of her body at once. It's like she's going to-

*Pop*

Amon's severe blood bending rips off all four of Starlight's legs and her head in different directions. But as he finishes off his enemy, the cloud decides that it can no longer hold his weight and the crystal that he's frozen inside. The camera stays above him and watches him fall farther and farther away.

After a second or two, there is the distant sound of glass breaking. Swiveling around, the camera looks up to let the audience see the explosion of filly Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom.

"Double K.O.!"

---Death Battle---

Holy crap! That was brutal!

No kidding, B. As it turns out, Starlight and Amon were matched up quite well.

How the hell does a guy who led the Avatar-verse version of the Black Ops and practically brought Republic City to its knees fail to beat a pony that only had a small town to her name?

While their leadership and ability to sway others to their vaguely defined causes may not be statistically comparable, their own natural abilities are. Starlight may have a spell that can remove cutie marks, but that doesn't really have any place against a non-pony opponent. Likewise, Amon's technique that blocks bending was useless against Starlight since her magic does not fit the molds of any of the bending types in Avatar.

So removing what they couldn't do to each other left us to compare what they can do to each other.

Both of them could fight each other at long range and each of them had the reflexes to dodge each other's attacks.

With the question of straight-up brawling answered, that left their possibly deadliest moves. Amon doesn't need his arms to bend blood. All he has to do is just look at you funny, and you're pretty much at his mercy.

And while Starlight's freezing spells can be overpowered by magic users of equal or greater power, Amon's bending abilities do not include magic. So, inside a crystal environment without air, he would most likely suffocate. Honestly, a fall from the sky while being stuck like that would be a quicker and merciful death.

In the end, they both fell to pieces.

This Death Battle is a draw.

---Death Battle---

Author's Note:

I suppose I have a bit of explaining to do as to why my previous "Next Time" regarding Pinkie Pie vs. Spider-Man turned out to be slightly deviated. I've at least got an idea of how that one is going to go, but it's not quite done yet. So in the meantime, I'm going to keep trying to release battles as soon as I am able and have the inspirational energy to make them happen. Of course, real life can throw me off at any given time, so I won't make any promises right now.

Have a good day/night, folks!

PreviousChapters Next