• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 7,325 Views, 871 Comments

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For (A Death Battle Parody) - TundraStanza



Think about it like Death Battle, only with less death and more hyperactive dialogue. It all started with a fateful encounter between Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. It turned into something bigger.

  • ...
34
 871
 7,325

PreviousChapters Next
Power vs. Power (part 5): Acrobatic Weather

Please make sure the setting in the top right is “Dark”, not “Light”. Thank you.

A/N: I usually have something witty and/or stupid to say here.

Properties in this chapter belong to Hasbro, Screw Attack, Haim Saban, and Shuki Levy.
---

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For
Season 2
(20)

Warning! This chapter contains lightning! Real lightning!

That last acupuncture was really heart-pounding.

Last time, Radiance pierced any chance of a Ranger streak by taking down the Yellow Ranger.

The score is tied two to two. Today, we give another Power Pony a chance to possibly increase their score.

But will she take it or go home dead?

The power of the thunderbolt rests in the hooves of Zapp.

She'll be facing off against the original Pink Ranger.

He's F and he's B.

She's N, I'm W, and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills, to find out who would win a Death Battle.

---Death Battle---

Pink Ranger
-Kimberly Hart
-The valley girl with witty retorts
-Combines gymnastic maneuvers with elbows and kicks
-Utilizes the environment around her and the one to find visible weaknesses
-Pterodactyl Power Coin, Pterodactyl Dinozord, and the Power Bow
-Constantly in danger when isolated
-She and Tommy make a cute couple

Kimberly Hart started out in Angel Grove as your typical California Girl.

Then, Zordon pulled her and four other teens out of their normal lives to take on the evil forces of Rita. Oh, and she still has to keep up with her extracurricular activities. Thanks a lot, powers that be.

Your sarcasm is actually right on topic. Kimberly is usually the first member to comment with sarcasm or quick wit. Though, she is more well-known for the various ways she helps out in her hometown. She taught dance classes at the youth center, designed a parade float's floral pattern, sang, played guitar, and was great at cheerleading.

In other words, she did all the stuff I never wanted to do in school.

Kimberly is best friends with Trini Kwan and even helped her start a petition to increase environmental awareness.

Uh oh. Looks like somebody is going to seek revenge against a certain group of ponies for killing their best friend last time. Oh well. At least she still has her lover Tommy to look after her.

Anyway, Hart has been a prime target for trouble on several occasions. She has been body-swapped with Billy Cranston, turned into a punk via Baboo's potion, and captured by Goldar to be Lord Zedd's queen. After going through all that and more, she has somehow come out of the experience with much more kindness and depth inside of her.

I bet Tommy could dig even deeper inside of her.

As usual, I'm going to ignore you. While fighting as the Pink Ranger, Kimberly combines her gymnastic maneuvers into the power of her elbows and kicks. She can jump around while using the surrounding environment as a springboard. Plus, whenever the enemy has an obvious weak point, she has been called upon to deliver the finishing blow.

Such precise finishers are made possible through her use of the Power Bow AKA the Battle Bow. It fires pink arrows that somehow cause explosions upon impact.

And for short durations, the bow can be used as a melee weapon as well as transform into a harp.

Okay, I get that she's a musician, but how exactly does a harp help in battle?

When the writers figure something out, of course.

"Um, you haven't by any chance seen a morphological being lurking around here?"

---Death Battle---

Zapp
-Ego: extremely existent
-Power is wielded via her necklace
-Can conjure weather phenomena; tornados seem to be the most common
-Lacks subtlety
-Holds less control over clouds than normal pegasi
-Super-weakness: Hairspray

Ah, the X-Men's Storm copycat. I can add another chip to my bingo sheet.

Wait, when did you get a...? Never mind, I don't want to know. Zapp is the nature controller of the Power Ponies. Whenever she takes hold of her lightning bolt necklace, the weather in the nearby area bends to her will.

Though, it sometimes produces a phenomena different than what she specifically has in mind.

"Lightning! Not a tornado!"

This didn't seem to deter her confidence. In fact, she was directing the lightning as smoothly as a conductor guides music just a few minutes later.

Despite her nerfed capabilities with weather in comparison to the average Pegasus pony, Zapp has a bit of a superiority complex. She doesn't wait around for a carefully thought out plan. She prefers to go in lightning blazing and ego strumming.

And she's often the first one to fall into the villain's trap, like when she was the test subject for Mane-iac's Hairspray of Doom.

But, N.

What is it, F?

Do you know what happens when a henchman is struck by lightning?

Tell me.

The same thing that happens to everything else.

...

...

...

---
A/N: :facehoof:
---

Somewhere in the distance, a man named Yami Marik laughs hysterically.

Ugh. Think you can save this awkward moment?

"No biggie. I was already awesome."

Okay, good.

---Death Battle---

All right, the combatants are set.

Let’s settle the fifth of six debates once and for all.

It’s time for a…

DEATH BATTLE!

---Death Battle---

It appears that Tails is flying home after a long battle with Luigi. I'm not sure why the cameraman is looking at him. He's not a combatant in today's match. We see him land on top of the plateau that rests on the top of a green hill zone loop.

A lightning bolt flashes before a loud thunder clap. The two-tailed fox yelps in fright before spin-dashing off the screen. The view of the scene zooms out a bit. Ah, there they are. Our combatants stand on the grassy area in the foreground. Well, the one on the left is anyway. The one on the right seems more content with flapping her wings while floating in place.

FIGHT!

The Pink Ranger starts off with an aerial flip forward. Simultaneously, Zapp grabs her lightning bolt necklace in her teeth and flies down low. The clouds above swirl around a bit before a giant, white lightning bolt is released downward. Both combatants narrowly avoid getting their rear ends scorched off as the charge off electricity races into the ground.

Kimberly sets foot on the ground, but not for long. She quickly bounces up and flips again before placing her foot against a... vertical, grassy wall. (Where did that come from?) Pushing off with the sound effect of an uncoiling spring, she soars through the air. A few spins allow her to kick Zapp in various places multiple times. The ranger finishes her aerial attack with a strong elbow strike against the pony's chest waist.

Zapp stumbles through the air a bit before shaking off the pain. She turns around and her eyes glow in a blinding white. The clouds above swirl again. Instead of another bolt, however, a gray funnel starts churning down and forward. It's a twister!

To her credit, the Pink Ranger tries her hardest to run. She even tries a butterfly swimming movement while her body is being lifted into the air. But her efforts are in vain against the harsh tornado. She gets sucked into the funnel and gets flung around in a large, oval-shaped path.

Meanwhile, Zapp keeps her wings flapping to keep a safe distance from her conjured storm.

Back inside the tornado, Kimberly tries an unusual move of wielding a pink bow. She takes aim into the same direction as the wind and fires. The laser arrow flies around the storm creating a bright, pink circular section of the tornado. She alters her aim slightly. After a few passes of the first arrow, she releases a second shot.

The stop-motion camera reveals that this shot makes a direct hit against the first arrow.

The collision creates a laser explosion. The shockwave overpowers the winds of the tornado, practically popping it like an overfilled balloon. Zapp shields her face with one wing against the bright light. As the noise from the explosion dissipates, she resumes a normal flapping in place to take a better look. What she sees makes her jaw drop.

The Pink Ranger plants her feet firmly on the ground. She lifts her bow and looks directly at her opponent. The pony snaps out of her stupor and clenches her charm between her teeth.

Another laser arrow is launched from the Power Bow. Zapp releases a small jolt directly from her charm. These attacks collide and seems to explode against each other in midair. More arrows are fired. More sparks fly.

No offense, but this is turning into a cliche scene of ranged missiles countering each other blow for blow.

Luckily, this ranged waving contest only lasts for a few more seconds. The Pink Ranger holds her aim for much longer as her next laser arrow forms. Meanwhile, an electrostatic discharge races around Zapp's charm as her eyes glow again. I'd say the suspense is killing me, but that isn't the case. If I were dying, the computer would be handling the narration.

Affirmative.

The wait is over as multiple things happen next. Kimberly fires her large shot. A huge lightning bolt soars from above the cloud layer. Time seems to slow down. The final attacks approach their intended targets.

The audience is blinded by the overpowering explosions of light, fire, and smoke.

When the smoke clears, we see a close-up of the ranger's boots. A loose Power Bow quickly fills the foreground view before the pink legs change from upward-diagonal to completely horizontal. A quick transition follows Zapp's body heading toward the ground. Her eyes are closed. Her chest, however, is not.

The scene zooms out to a ranger flat on her face and a pony flat on her back. The pink one's helmet cracks.

K.O.!

---Death Battle---

I think I got spoiled with the previous fight. This one just didn't... feel like a Death Battle.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Explosions are way more fun than throwing tiny needles.

At a glance, Kimberly Hart had the most advantages. Her experience against powerful enemies and a plethora of life situations that no ordinary human should go through would normally make for a capable fighter. Additionally, her ability to spot an enemy's weak spot is certainly capable of taking down a forward enemy like Zapp.

However, Zapp is also able to survive tough odds, even the struggle against her own powers. Additionally, in spite of Kimberly surviving the electrical surge that once swapped her mind with Billy, the resulting voltage from a lightning bolt in nature is much greater and more lethal than the amount needed to rearrange brainwaves. It's kind of like testing your luck against multiple headshots.

So, while Zapp was able to make the battle an electrifying experience...

... Kimberly managed to pierce the 'heart' of the storm.

The result of this Death Battle...

... is a draw.

---Death Battle---

Next time on Death Battle…

Time to Power Pony up!

It’s Morphin Time!
---

Author's Note:

Storm vs. Hawkeye
Yeah, I don't know what they have in common either.

PreviousChapters Next