• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 7,351 Views, 871 Comments

The Moment No Pony was Waiting For (A Death Battle Parody) - TundraStanza



Think about it like Death Battle, only with less death and more hyperactive dialogue. It all started with a fateful encounter between Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. It turned into something bigger.

  • ...
34
 871
 7,351

PreviousChapters Next
A Dream vs. A Wish

A/N: Please make sure the setting in the upper right reads “Dark” and not “Light”. Thank you.

It’s about time to put my second “main character” tag to good use.

Properties in this chapter belong to Hasbro, Screw Attack, and Lab Zero Games.
---

The Moment No Pony Was Waiting For
Season 2
(11)

Through you, I will display my power.

Through you, I am born.

You are nothing but my puppet.

---
A/N: Um… Narrator? You all right, buddy?
---

Do not interfere. Only the Darkness will prevail.

---
A/N: O…kay, then. *backs away slowly*
---

It’s like Halloween has come a little early this year and that means that the Goth chicks look even hotter than usual. Awoo! Woo!

So to entertain the theme, we’re pitting two of the darkest female combatants against each other in the Death Battle arena. Marie the Skullgirl will face…

Nightmare Moon, the bringer of a cold, endless night.

He’s B and I’m W and it’s our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

---Death Battle---

Nightmare Moon
-Alicorn
-Princess Luna corrupted by jealousy and hatred
-Wears blue armor pieces
-Magical abilities: lightning, shapeshifting, tornados
-Flight and strength
-Desires the world to be shrouded in eternal night
-Suffers from unoriginal villain syndrome

Long ago, Nightmare Moon was sealed away by the Elements of Harmony into the moon. Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape and she will bring about nighttime eternal.

Funny how eternity only lasts thirty minutes.

Corrupted by her jealousy, hatred, and possibly an outside source of dark magic, Princess Luna has taken on a new form to match her sister in size and power. Her plan was to shroud the world in the darkness of night forever so that the ponies of Equestria would have no choice but to appreciate it.

I guess this was before they invented the night club… and booze.

At first glance, simply making it dark out doesn’t seem like a big threat and in the short-run that would be right. But given enough time, every organism that depends on sunlight would eventually die out. Since the average Equestrian diet is 100% vegetarian, their entire source of food would be depleted and there would be very little that could survive the unusual lack of solar energy.

Slow and painful death. Now that’s evil.

Nightmare Moon possesses the strength, flight, and magic capabilities of the alicorns. She can shatter five stone spheres simply by stomping on them. She can summon lightning bolts to stun and knock back opponents.

Along with her incredible strength is her ability to shapeshift. Her favorite form is a smoke-like cloud that can move just about anywhere that holds air. In this form, she can enter solid objects. Doing so can break solid rock, alter the shape of trees, and cut through rope effortlessly.

She can also separate her gaseous form and shapeshift the pieces individually. The infamous example of this power was in the form of the Shadowbolts.

When she’s in solid pony-form, she wears a midnight blue helmet, chest piece, and hoof… shoe… things. (What am I looking at here?)

In spite of all these powers, Nightmare does have a bit of a cliché villain complex. According to data collected by a certain fiery autarch, she has a tendency to boast, monologue, laugh maniacally, and imitate Darth Vader upon her defeat.

“NOOOOOOO!”

Meh, I’ve seen worse.

“You little foal! Thinking you could defeat me!”

---Death Battle---

Marie
-Skullgirl named “Bloody Marie”
-Child slave from No-Man’s Land
-Transformed by the Skull Heart into a Skullgirl
-Attacks consist of demon skulls and summoned minions of shadows and skeletons
-Friend with Peacock
-Dislikes: the Medici Mafia and slave traders
-Skull Heart is vulnerable in her final form

Marie used to be a child slave in No-Man’s Land. This happened after her home lost the war with the neighboring Canopy Kingdom.

Then at some point, the Medici Mafia started doing unspeakable, scientific things to her best friend Patricia. She swore vengeance against that group and her previous slavers.

Unfortunately for Marie, the Skull Heart considered her wish to be impure and transformed her into a Skullgirl.

She takes on three battle forms depending on how well her health is. When perfectly healthy, she just floats in midair while being surrounded by over a dozen floating skulls. Some of the smaller ones can be launched at the enemy as slow, easily dodged projectiles that can stun the opponent on contact.

Her second form trades in her levitating skulls for a living shadow. She can send this shadow forth to attack the enemy from any direction. Additionally, she can summon a skeletal minion that will explode if the enemy gets too close.

And her attack patterns can be stacked on top of each other even in her final form. Her weak spot is the most vulnerable, but she also spams every attack she has while in this form. Some of her minions even shoot guns.

When she’s not battling, Marie will sometimes play the piano. She actually performed a recital using one of the songs from the original Skullgirls’ soundtrack.

Gotta do something with those bony fingers.

“Serve your new master.”

---Death Battle---

All right, the combatants are set. Let’s settle this debate once and for all.

It’s time for a DEATH BATTLE!

---Death Battle---

It is a rather dark but not so stormy arena. The floor is covered with skulls. How fitting.

“Know your place,” commands the girl with skulls of varying size surrounding her. A small, blue, and burning skull floats next to her.

“Don’t you know who I am?” asks the alicorn in midnight blue armor.

FIGHT!

“Go forth,” Marie orders. A few human skulls start floating in Nightmare Moon’s direction.

really slowly.

“You’re kidding,” Nightmare scoffs with her eyes half-open, “You’re kidding, right?”

As one of the skulls finally gets within two hoof reaches, she flaps her wings. She flies out of the skull’s reach without any effort. Just for amusement, she sparks some lightning magic and blasts the remaining skulls from their floating positions. Marie looks undeterred and just manifests more skulls to float forward just as slowly as before.

Nightmare’s form swirls around in a smoky fashion. When it clears away, she takes the form of three pegasi in full-bodied uniforms. The Shadowbolts maneuver around the skulls and deliver some quick strikes to Marie’s main body. A slightly more demonic skull with blue fire behind it is launched forward and catches one of the pegasi off guard. However, she quickly shakes off the annoying chip damage and rejoins her other two thirds in kicking Marie.

The aforementioned Skullgirl suddenly breaks up all of the skulls that were surrounding her and a weird glowing shadow essence stands sort of behind her but also sort of inside her. It’s kind of hard to describe without actually seeing it.

Marie barely twitches her finger and the shadowy essence vanishes. Without warning, it quickly reappears and sweeps through the room. This motion knocks all three of Nightmare back for a loop. Conveniently, more floating skulls are in range and hit the off-guard pegasi lightly. Still, they charge in for another barrage.

“Serve your new master,” requests Marie. A full-size skeleton appears a few feet in front of her just as one of Nightmare’s bodies hits it. The skeleton explodes and knocks the one Shadowbolt to the ground.

Marie’s shadow pulls another vanishing act before sweeping in from the ceiling. The two remaining Shadowbolts barely dodge to the side. They rush on ahead and deliver some more kicks and a fly-by on the girl’s body.

The Skullgirl has a spasm attack before her physical body can no longer hold humanoid form. She now resembles a blob-like organism with the Skull Heart gravitating all of her being toward its center. Nightmare Moon decides to pull herself together as well. The three Shadowbolts take the smoky cloud form before reuniting into one large shadowy cloud.

“Know your place!” Marie’s voice shouts forcefully.

Several floating skulls, skeletons of the explode-on-contact variety, and skeletal minions dressed up as mob gangers surround Marie. The gangers point their hand guns in Nightmare Moon’s direction. It’s impossible to see her expression, but the cloud looks unfazed and quite possibly bemused by this whole scenario.

As the various skeletal minions charge forward, the smoky cloud rapidly swirls around creating a black tornado. The skulls and other debris that resembles a bunch of skeletal systems get sucked in, spun around, and launched in several directions. Some of said debris hits the semi-blob Marie.

With the obstacles removed, Nightmare Moon reverts to her alicorn form. She charges up the magic in her horn and releases a large lightning strike against her foe. Marie breaks apart, leaving nothing but a floating Skull Heart.

“Did you not see the signs of your own defeat?” asks Nightmare Moon rhetorically.

“What… is your wish?” whispers a ghostly voice resonating from the Skull Heart.

“Wish? Pah!” Nightmare scoffs, “I have no wish that a mere skull could grant. I have all the power I need!”

She then whisks away in her gaseous form, leaving the door wide open on her way out.

Is that… liquid pride dripping from the Skull Heart’s eye sockets?

K.O.!

---Death Battle---

D**n, she’s like a pony version of Storm.

Nightmare Moon was easily able to avoid the snail-paced skulls of Marie’s first form. Although Marie’s second form’s shadow attack caught Nightmare off guard, Nightmare was able to recover quickly and maintain her fighting momentum.

In her third form, Marie looked armed and ready to skull nuke the entire battle field, but then Nightmare Moon reenacted the movie “Twister”. This took away almost all of Marie’s ammo.

And it left her wide open for Nightmare’s lightning blast.

She really cracked some skulls this time!

The winner is Nightmare Moon.

---Death Battle---

*Static fills the screen.*

Next time on Death Battle…

Living without fear of the sword is to be unworthy of wielding the blade.

The more light you shine, the longer the shadows become.

---Death Battle---

Author's Note:

By the way, the Shao Kahn vs. M. Bison battle is available. Go watch it!

Feel free to leave a comment too.

PreviousChapters Next