• Published 28th Jul 2012
  • 14,498 Views, 1,857 Comments

When a Pony Calls - Seven Fates



When a prank call turns into something more, I find myself trapped in the form of unicorn mare Lyra.

  • ...
81
 1,857
 14,498
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 118 )

Good story, I enjoyed it.

Well done. This has been (and always will be) one of the most enjoyable fanfics I've ever read. For that, thank you.

Should you write a sequel (which you pretty much confirmed in the A/N of the last chapter), I look forward to the adventures, successes and complications Silver faces with immense anticipation.

Once again, thanks for the great read.

Sincerely,
The Thoughtful

2008749 Certainly not. I want to stay as far away from the concept of the Conversion Bureau as possible. I threw that little tid-bit in to 'tease'. The Sequel will focus on Silver and her studies at the Canterlot University.

Now, I want to say something too here in this comment box below this story, a story I followed along almost since the beginning. Each time this story got updated I became kind of elated and always immediately went on reading it. So far, especially the last chapter, this turned out to be my favorite story I have read yet and I do read a lot.
Thank you very much for that.
Now I am extraordinary excited for the sequel and maybe we'll even get some d'aaww moments :twilightsmile:

Godspeed with your writing and all the best until I once again decide to use this little funny box here :rainbowhuh:

~PD888

...I should mention that it would be great if you could write one last chapter about the reception of that letter...just a 500 word chapter or so.:twilightsheepish:
Regardless, this was excellent, and a very good read; THANK YOU for writing this.:pinkiehappy:
I await further releases of other kinds.:fluttershysad:
EDIT: I am looking forward to the sequel.

This was such a great fic, I always loved reading it. Now I have to wait until you write the sequel :fluttercry:

I will follow you untill u get that sequel out.

Huzzah! Bravo! It was a fun ride, my man.

Well done, Seven Fates,you took an old concept, added a twist to it, and pulled it off with aplomb. Well done !

Congratulations! Now, on to the sequel!

Very enjoyable story. Thank you. :ajsmug:

I love it when I start reading a story on the day it is completed, no waiting, wondering, or any of that stuff. I enjoyed this story immensely, thanks for writing it!

Forget my previous comment... I guess you put enough to give it closure after all.

DANOUTTADAN STORY.

BRILLIANT! MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIION YEARS UN-DUNGEON!

"That's all she wrote."

Fallout: New Vegas reference?

Also, PLEASE LET THERE BE A SEQUEL.

Hooray! That was a lot of fun, and I hope Silver Script does indeed get to go on further adventures, and perhaps some potion misadventures.

So in short, don't go to Equestria. They'll get you drunk and knock you up.

And then 'Not alone' happened.

This story was awesome from the start, and ended just as awesome.

Give us the sequel! Now!

WOW -that is all i can say

but how did i know you'd end it along the lines of this is real. truly if i was any more insane i would believe you, but as i am, is this real?

i i ever decide to un faveret it it is becuse i don't think i'll read it agen not that it was in any way shape or form bad or ANYTHING but for now it is a faveret

2008765 1 sec did you say SEQUILL?:pinkiehappy:

*sniff sniff* I smell a sequel coming...

I'm glad to see that Twilight doesn't get off scot-free. So now she has to return to Canterlot and tutor Silver. Well, I guess now she can finally go to Moondancer's party, and Spike can give her another Teddy Bear. I assume Spike will still be living with Twilight?

Seriously, why have I not clicked the follow button yet?

2010421 Actually, the majority of the story focuses on her studies of alchemy. In terms of how far after, say like... Six months.

A very enjoyable story, indeed. The epilogue wraps it up nicely without trying to coat over anything too much.

It's a bit odd, considering the story started as the tale of a dude in a pony's body, and then into the story of his quest to get back to the real world, and finally as a simple quest to find herself in her odd predicament. It's evolved as your writing has, gone throught changes, from a comedy to something deeper, and closely follows how the world really works; sometimes, you have to let yourself go, and embrace the new. It's made me laugh, it's made me puzzle, it's made me more depressed at points than I probably should've been.

I would hope that your sequel takes off on a new note, and it shows every indication of doing so. I'm much more interested in what Silver Script does in Equestria than the possibility of coming home as a male again, which you outlined well in the last chapter and here in the epilogue.

It's been a fun journey, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

-Ledo

An amazing story, I hope there is more to come involving your character Silver Script. Thanks for the awesome read!

Good job that story was awesome!:pinkiehappy:
Also I just noticed that all the books in the cover picture say book on the spine:rainbowhuh:

This was a good story, but I don't really feel as if it is the same story it started out as. It turned from a light-hearted comedy into a sad, violence filled mess. It was still somewhat enjoyable, but I didn't enjoy the ending chapters as I did the beginning ones.

Anyway, congratz on finishing the fic, it was a nice one for what it was.

Not a bad way to wrap it up.

Overall this was worth reading, though I am still annoyed about some of the plot choices towards the end. I bitched enough about that earlier so I'll just leave it at that.

Looking forward to the sequel.

2011221 He did get his body back. It just isn't in the same shape as he left it. :pinkiecrazy:

well its a small world wonder whats going to happen next? :ajsmug:

2008129 *points to his greenhouse* I got lots of em!

Great story!

I'm hoping the sequel is even better!

Now to get into my cryo tube and sleep until then!

Just kidding but I will be waiting for the sequel!

This begs an important question... 2003 or Brotherhood?

2011965 I'm rather fond of both, though personally I found the ending of Brotherhood intensely more satisfying than the ending of the initial adaptation of the manga.

2011978
...correct. XD
I wouldn't call 2003 an adaptation so much as a rewrite, that being pretty much what it is. Brotherhood being based on the manga, it came purely from Arakawa-san's mind, thus the characters and events just feel better.
Also, Father >>> Dante, even though she's named after an amazing poet and had an assistant named Lyra... whose body she took over. On the other hoof, Father could morph his hand into a gun with his face on it. Face gun! XD
...I appear to have skewed off on a tangent. So, can't wait for that sequel.



...FACE GUN! :3

Bravi! Bravi! And so ends the tale.

This 100k words story. I like it. Another! :twilightsheepish:

2009508
Nah, it's obviously a reference to That's All She Wrote by Ernest Tubb

("That's all she wrote" is often attributed to a joke about a Dear John letter in WWII, but Tubb's song predates the first recorded Dear John letter by 2 years.)

Honestly, I thought you would have handled the epilogue differently. Like have Silver and Twilight give farewells and then leave Ponyvile to move onto Canterlot. But, I like the way you did it, it definitely sets up the sequel nicely while recapping the events of the story. I feel compelled to read the sequel.

Thanks.
Good story.
I liked it a lot.
I really enjoyed the interactions between the characters while Soren was sane. You are great at characterisation and character development, and a lot of his interaction and adaptation to his pony body were done very well. My favourite part was definitely Always Look On the Bright Side of Life, mostly because how well it was implemented. I have not seen many references carried out so naturally, especially on that scale.

His insanity was too over the top. I'm afraid that did not come out too naturally. It was rather painful to read. At the beginning, Soren was likable and relatable, easy to empathise with. But after that, he reacts very oddly to his situations. He is barely burdened by losing his gender, humanity, home, family, memory...pretty much his entire life. Yet a foal dies, and he goes absolutely insane, losing all mental capacity and rational thought. He jumps to conclusions, he assumes things with absolutely no evidence, hallucinates, etc. and it all breaks the wonderful characterisation and understanding you had formulated.

The first half was definitely better.

Comment posted by stalins organ deleted Jan 25th, 2013

cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22938714.jpg
Wow, that was that story was so good in so many ways, and it is defiantly on of my favorites on this site. I like stories that bring out the feels and this succeeded very well in doing so. My only criticism is that I really don't like how Soren pretty much ceases to exist now because he was a very well made and relatable character and he will be very missed by me. Even so I look forward with great anticipation for a sequel in the future.

I enjoyed the whole thing. Good work!

I'm still interested to explore this universe more. So when you'll make a sequel, be sure to add a new chapter to this story that link to the new one. That way, all suscribers like me will have a e-mail notice.

Once again, congrats for a job well done!:rainbowkiss:

That ending was okay. This story is like having part of a napoleon cake.

The first part's good, the second part's okay, but I'm not sure i'll like the last part.

BTW:
"As it turns out, the ambient magics of Equestria begin flooding your body the moment it gets there, and because your body isn’t designed to handle such thaumaturgic radiation, the your body changes into a form that can" This statement is very silly.

I also think the betrayal of calling himself Silver Script rather sickening.

A sequel? I must follow the author now.

media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7widSnai1qzwelr.gif

Thank you, Seven. This has been an awesome story.
Although I'm sad that it is over, I'm really glad to see that everything went rather well for Soren/Silver Script.
All of my :yay: to you!

So Twilight gets remedial responsibility classes (with time off to see her friends), and Lyra gets off scot-free from removing a sapient being from their world and permanently altering their body?

Glad to see that there's justice in Equestria. /sarcasm

Login or register to comment