• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,865 Views, 795 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 795
 3,865

PreviousChapters Next
The Wrong Medication

Cranky Doodle Donkey stood in the Ponyville Pharmacy. He was nervous and a bit embarrassed, but he needed to get his new prescription filled. Finally building up his courage, he hesitantly approached the pharmacist's counter. Standing behind it was a cream-colored pegasus with a brilliant blue mane.

"Hello Cranky," greeted Pestle.

"Hello," he said tersely.

"What can I help you with today?" she asked.

"I have a new prescription," he said, passing the doctor's note to her.

Taking it, she examined the note before giving Cranky a curious look, which was returned with an angry scowl on his part. "Come back in an hour and it will be ready," she said.

Without a word, Cranky turned and walked out the door.

An hour later...

Cranky reentered the pharmacy and waited behind Big Mac. "Now, take two vitamin pills three times a day," advised Pestle.

"Eeyup," came the earth pony's reply. He took the bag and departed, heading back to Sweet Apple Acres.

Cranky stepped forward to the counter. "Hello Cranky," Pestle again greeted the donkey.

"Hello again," he mumbled.

"I have your prescription ready." She grabbed the bag from behind the counter. "Would you like me to explain how to take it?"

"No!" he yelled. The other customers stopped what they were doing and stared at the donkey, wondering what was going on.

"Very well," she said. "I've included instructions with the medication." She passed him the bag.

"Thanks," he grumbled and paid her the bits. He turned and headed home, a slight spring in his step.

The next day...

Pestle stood taking inventory. They always needed to order more medications and supplements to keep the shelves stocked. Typically products varied with seasons. In winter it was flu medication. In spring allergy medicine. In summer sunscreen. In fall cold medicine. And after a monster attack, it was headache medicine, tranquilizers, and sleeping pills. Yes, monster attacks were always good for business. And not just for the pharmacy, but also for the liquor store down the street. This month's sales were down. Maybe another beast from Tartarus -

The door swung open to reveal an angry Cranky. "Hello Cranky?" she greeted hesitantly. "Is something a matter?"

"Yes. You gave me the wrong medication!" he yelled.

"I did?" said the confused Pegasus. "But I filled the Viagra - "

At the word Viagra, Cranky's faced turned red and he yelled, "It wasn't Viagra you gave me!"

"I wonder what happened?" she asked, more to herself than him.

Applejack burst through the door, an angry expression on her face. "What kind of vitamins did you give my brother?" she demanded.

"What?" asked Pestle.

"After taking them, he locked himself in the barn and won't let any of us in. He says all he wants to see is Sugar Belle."

TV Static

PreviousChapters Next