• Published 12th Jan 2016
  • 4,987 Views, 2,355 Comments

Venenum Iocus - kudzuhaiku



Two intrepid adventurers go off to investigate the Scariest Cave in Equestria

  • ...
24
 2,355
 4,987
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 82 )

7687182 They should free his spirit, bind it to a gem, put the gem in a stasis bubble, and store the bubble in their basement somewhere.

It's what Rose Quartz would have wanted. :derpytongue2:

I was hoping for someone to ask how the sex was when they were dealing with the aftermath of the chaotic energies infesting Tarnish. I just have this image of Cadance asking her, possibly romanticizing it up to the point Maud responds with a simple, "Awful." Yeah, I still don't think there is any way that sex was enjoyable or even good considering both Maud and Tarnish's condition at the time. If you doubt me, imagine trying to have sex after freshly having your jaw broken and repeatedly stabbed, but also after running a marathon that you were not prepared for.

Regardless, I have to say this has been quite the trip, and I'm glad to have been here for every chapter. It was fun, unnerving, raunchy at times, funny-really, everything you need in a good adventure. It was a true joy watching Tarnish's friendships with Vinyl and Octavia form and for his own relationship with Maud to grow even deeper.

I really do love this verse, and I would like to see what else you can do with it. It sounds as if Tarnish and Maud's story is far from over, considering Grogar just added Tarnish to his shit list.

You did a fantastic job or wrapping this up. The way the music tied to certain points of their journey was a nice touch. I really, really enjoyed VI, it's been a heck of a ride.

Or it could be a grand symphony. Wonderful. :heart:

Will there be more stories featuring this quartet?

Yay~ *applause*
Now i want to see a symphony, it's been two years...
And are we getting another story with these 4 or are the others going to carry the torch?

7687925

When the Soul Tear Cycle happens, these four will all have prominent roles.

It will be a self contained story.

I really wish I could upvote and favorite this story twice. I love the worlds you have crafted, and look forward to the next chapter in the Weedverse!

7687905

I was hoping for someone to ask how the sex was when they were dealing with the aftermath of the chaotic energies infesting Tarnish. I just have this image of Cadance asking her, possibly romanticizing it up to the point Maud responds with a simple, "Awful." Yeah, I still don't think there is any way that sex was enjoyable or even good considering both Maud and Tarnish's condition at the time. If you doubt me, imagine trying to have sex after freshly having your jaw broken and repeatedly stabbed, but also after running a marathon that you were not prepared for.

There is actually a reason for this, and it is hinted at by Celestia.

“Tarnish, it is really very simple. The more of the chaotic magic you absorb and purify, the fewer monsters and mutants there will be once this is done and over with. The druid grove will be a wild, chaotic place that will act like a forge for new life, but the dangerous elements can be reduced by redirecting the energy into another form.” The corners of Celestia’s mouth were tugged downwards and with a very stern face she added, “Much of the druid’s magic was sexual in nature, or so I read.”

In regards to magic, what good is it if you can only do it under optimal conditions, but are unable to perform in less than perfect conditions? It know this is a very strange concept, but it is an interesting concept. Being able to commit to coitus under less than ideal circumstances mirrors being able to perform magic in real world situations and conditions, IE, magic performed outside of a classroom in a world full of distraction, dangers, etc.

I know it is a bit odd and I'll admit to that, but it seems fitting for a druid. When all else fails, make life.

The percussion section played the rhythm of battle and there was a glockenspiel that added a haunting atmosphere to the music.

Only one thing that reminds me of. Refer link.

Sticking out his tongue, Tarnish tried to catch a few snowflakes, but then gave up after he tasted one and gagged.

Don't eat the yellow snow, never eat the yellow snow!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeew man... damn, and so it all ends. After, how long? No clue, but what a journey this was for lil' Tarnish :rainbowwild: its been a long while it seems since he'd gone from a disliked stallion in Ponyville to this.

I gotta say man, nice job on this entire story, well done on everything and awesome work! :yay: Loved it, start to finish!
Keep up the fantastic work dude, legitness.

And I shall see you... next time.
:heart:
~Dustchu, King of Goobers

7687930

I would both love to and not want to at all see your notes on all this.

7687981

In The Perilous Romance of Swans, it is revealed that Celestia practices animancy. It is how she made new alicorns.

During the Soul Tear Cycle, it will be revealed that the enemy is also studying animancy. Specifically, they have learned to tear away a fragment of a soul from something to gain access to specialised magic.

An example: A torn away shred of Rarity's soul would provide access to Rarity's special gem finding spell.

I think from here you can extrapolate what the enemy is after.

:pinkiehappy: "And that's how Equestria Pebble was made!"

all four princess were in attendance tonight

princesses

7687988

Would the lost of such fragment make Rarity the ability to cast such spell forever ? :applejackconfused:

7688030

Can an evil animancer rob his victims from parts of themselves permanently?

7688036

That would be a spoiler!

7687988

Oh...oh no.... :raritydespair:

“Save your volatile gasses for the theatre,” Tarnish said to Maud, “because it is almost time for us to get in a carriage and go.”
“Eww.” Octavia’s muzzle crinkled as she thought about the aftermath of a pregnant mare eating a nine layer bean dip. Nothing good would come of this.

Maud, just try to sit next to Helianthus. That's all I ask. :pinkiesick:

Well, this has been an amazing ride. I'll have to go look up that Weed-verse timeline I've heard about, but I will be eagerly awaiting more stories starring Tarnish and "friends."

As an aside, it turns out all of my guesses stemming from the VI climax warning blog post (including this one: 7633654 ) ended up being roughly half-right.
Helianthus isn't Celestia, but isn't technically blood-related due to not having any blood (at least, I didn't notice any in the pile of remains when she got zapped by the nullwood door). Though, being a clipping of Tia's soul, some might consider them even more closely related than simply sharing DNA markers.
The foretold death was due to the Mentor Occupational Hazard, but the victim ended up being Tarnish's druidic mentor Maledico, not his unicorn-magic mentor Vinyl.
And finally, said death did involve absorbing and disposing of the crown's tainted magics, after a fashion, though the subject(s) and manner were again somewhat off.

7687889
At this point it would probably be more humane (or whatever the equivalent word would be in a world with everything but humans) to just put him out of his misery. Unfortunately, if even his spirit is corrupted by Gorgar's magic, they would have to find a way to "kill" that, too. Easier said than done, but he'd probably prefer complete oblivion to even the best alternative available to him now.

On another note, now I'm wondering if Discord is also a "victim" (quote-unquote, because he does seem quite happy with his current state) of magical corruption like Prince Poor Sod there.

7687988
That sounds horrifyingly dangerous, and yet at the same time less effective than Tirek's method of just sucking out people's magic wholesale. I'm going to guess that this new process both is significantly more traumatic to the victim, and more flexible in how and on whom it can be used.

Though I can already imagine a number of rather impressive/dangerous military applications for it, depending on the actual mechanics behind it, not least of them being the prospect of using Helianthus-style clippings to cultivate custom-made generals, assassins, and other specialists, all with absolute loyalty* to The Cause.

*Loyalty may not be absolute. Side effects may, but are by no means limited to: include pale skin, hair loss, rapid aging, lack of empathy, lowered mental stability, sensitivity to light, love, and/or harmony magic, Fractured Horcrux Syndrome, and erectile dysfunction. Please consult the Evil Overlord List before engaging in animancy.

another is done!! congrats dude. twas intersting.

Really enjoyed this man.

I look forward to where the rest of this verse goes.

Keep the pony words chugin along and I'll keep on reading! :twilightsmile:

7687937 I think there's been a misunderstanding here. I'm not doubting their ability to have sex and conceive Pebble. That isn't an issue-for that to happen, all Tarnish needs is Maud to stick his meat stick in her moist cavern until all the white stuff came out. Why did I use this language? I have no idea, but the point is the sex was likely far from mind blowing-in fact, magic or not, it was likely mediocre at best, if for no other reason than the fact that one of the most evil undead bastards had just vowed to haunt, corrupt, and kill their descendants for the forseeable future

So, yeah, I don't deny that impregnation was possible in this event-sperm and eggs don't really care what the rest of the body is like at a particular moment, but the actual pleasure taken from both sides in the act was not nearly what, say, a romantic moonlit night would be surrounded by beautiful rock formations because that's how Maud gets her rocks off.

If you are insisting that it was the most mind blowing sex they ever had, then...

Not much I can do about it, I suppose other than just say I don't find that very believable.

7688149

Oh no no... I was just pointing out why I did it.

There is no argument here. :derpytongue2:

Brava, kudz! I loved the wild ride that was this story.
I laughed (a lot), fret (also a lot), then laughed some more, with the characters.

On this chapter, like I said in the discussion thread and others already have said here, I like how it ties the whole story together through the musical pieces. We have the chance to remember them as Tarnish remembers them, and we get some nice descriptions of Octavia's musical brilliance.

Great description of the concert - now I am curious about how it was billed
and presented to the Equestrian public.

I'm gonna totally stalk your page waiting or the next fics in this series
and you cant stop me

Awesome story was awesome.

Onwards and upwards to the next installment, wherein Tarnish fucks up royally. :pinkiecrazy:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:rainbowdetermined2:

Is there going to be another story?

7688327

Check the forums. :raritywink:

7685348

What I meant was : Is there going to be a third CANON story in the Weed verse with Tarnished Teapot ??
Maybe talking more about him learning Druid and / or other magic??

Huh.
Not how I imagined it ending, but, that's a thing that happens.

Goosebumps.

Thank you for this part of the ride... and now to work on reading the rest of the Weedverse.

First of all I am so adding 'Sapphic Spousal Snuggles' to my vocabulary XD
Second *slow clap* bravo, it has been one hell of a ride

7691294

Sort of.

Only it is horsemas in the middle of winter and there are little ones around.

7692128

Keep an eye on the forums. :duck:

420 likes ayy

7730326 Aye, true enough in that sense. But even comparing it to that start of the story- Its amazing to see how much he has changed as a character.

Well that was incredible. Onto TSSFF to complete the trio of storylines.

7737599

It is far, far more than a trio.

Login or register to comment