• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 8,404 Views, 2,543 Comments

Why? A tale of Anon-a-miss - wiccanminnesota

  • ...
 2,543
 8,404
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 32 )

9484018 I have, but I haven't commented on it yet. Don't worry, I actually liked the direction you went with Part Three. It's a nice change of pace compared to all the trauma n' drama of past chapters.

Mmmm surprising how much you've worked on the legends and more. Mmm it was interesting to see how the two sparred with insults, and yet it was an interesting tirade I must say.

As for my thoughts on the chapters, I'm quite surprised how much you went through. The sacrifice here, the little spar they had. The rush from the hospital. It really is quite a surprise to see how they work here.

Mmm now I wonder what else she'll do with this Elf that has chased her, what she'll have to do to handle her. Playing, oh so very dark connotations from what I can tell.

Still, surprised it wasn't snow, considering that the night before was cold enough to freeze them easily.

Really going to be interesting to see how you mesh things here and how they work in Equestria.

Slowly Eventide lifted Firehearts arms up gently moving the sleeping teens arms to her side leaning in she pressed her lips to Firehearts forehead ending the kiss she moved the blanket and crawled out of bed. Yawning and stretching Eventide felt pain in her right side looking to her bandages she thought to herself, “Damn that bear I should have killed it when I had the chance.”

And if that happened, Three Toes would've bitten your head off:rainbowderp:!!!

Sitting down Eventide took a small clump of them out of the bowl setting them on a napkin she found in front of the bowl. Looking out the kitchen window she saw several rabbits hopping about. Sighing Eventide ate her food got up and headed back to Firehearts bedroom quickly and quietly picking up her clothing Eventide quickly got dressed. Tip-toeing once more back out into the hallway she very quickly made her way back into the kitchen getting there a few moments later. Eventide opened up the refrigerator taking out two carrots and an apple grinning to herself she muttered, “These will make a good snack for Vinr.”

For your horse eh:ajsmug:?

Eventide quickly placed the carrots into her right back pocket and the apple into her shirt front pocket. Opening the front door Eventide headed outside breathing in the cold chilly mornings air stung her lungs looking around she saw snow lightly falling in all directions.

“It’s a bit chilly today I better take Vinr for a walk to help warm him up and give him his breakfast too. She thought to herself. Walking the short distance to the garage she opened it saying aloud, “Vinr.” Looking at the horse she added, “Easy boy, your going to be alright.”

Gently Eventide took a hold of the horses reins leading him out into the front yard walking him towards the front gate she stopped feeling the horse's muzzle rubbing her back. Chuckling to herself Eventide turned to him laying a hand on his snout gently stroking his fury head. Reaching behind her she took from her back pocket two carrots holding them up for him to see laughing as he gobbled them down.

“Good boy.” She gently said scratching his ear “I’ll give you the apple in a little bit right now we need to get you warmed up.” feeling him nuzzle her check she lowered her head sniffing lightly, “I know boy I know you miss Horse I miss him too but.” raising her head with pride beaming in her eyes she finished, “He is in Valhalla with Odin and the other gods so there is no need to be sad.”

:rainbowkiss::heart:!!!

“Hold on.” Eventide said smiling taking the reins up again, “We’re going to go a little fast.”

“What do you---” Firehearts words were cut short as Eventide spurred Vinr’s sides hard, the horse suddenly much to Firehearts shock bolted forward out of her front yard and down the street. “holy shiiiiiiit.” Fireheart screamed tightly gripping Eventides waist trying desperately not to fall off “Eventide what the hell are you doing!?!” Fireheart finished.

Happy laughter escaped Eventide’s lips feeling the cold air rush through her shoulder length red and yellow hair the horse galloped through the streets looking to her right Fireheart saw lights coming on in the homes they passed. People of all ages rushed outside to see what was causing all the nose. Faster and faster the horse galloped down the streets with Eventide veering him left or right as they passed house after house and intersection after intersection Fireheart did her best to hang on.

“This is great!” Eventide screamed Fireheart quickly buried her face into Eventides back glancing behind her Eventide added, “Aw come on Fireheart I won’t let you fall off.”

“Make him stop please for the love God make him stop!” Fireheart cried out.

Shaking her head Eventide quickly brought the horse to a full trot before saying, “Whoa there boy, whoa easy now” Gently patting his neck she added, “Goo

d horse.”

Can't handle the speed of the Spirit fo the West, huh Fire:rainbowlaugh:?!

“Not fun at all!” Fireheart screamed turning around she began to walk away from Eventide folding her arms under her chest adding, “What in the hell is wrong with you?!”

Oh come on Fire, Eve was just playing:pinkiesad2:.

“You didn’t upset me Eventide you did however frighten me.” Fireheart finally said kicking a soda can down the street “It's just that, well--you see.”

“What? Please tell me I want to make this right for you Fireheart.” Eventide said stepping in front of Fireheart stopping her in her tracks Eventide added, “I know I screwed up by spurring Vinr like that I know I messed---”

“My older sister Braveheart used to do stupid things like that before the police took her away.” Fireheart interrupted Eventide getting a worried look from Eventide she added, “I still recall when they came for her I was seven asleep in my sisters bed I had a high fever that night. Braveheart had gone out to get medicine for me at least that is what she told me when she left that night. Only she didn’t get it instead she and her boyfriend hit a convenience store for money they had latter planned on using this stolen money to buy drugs.”

Oh Fire...you poor girl:applecry!

“I see so that is why you don’t talk about her.” Eventide asked looking down adding, “I never meant to cause you any pain Fireheart if my actions with Vinr caused you to think about your sister then I am truly sorry.”

It's alright Eve...you couldn't have known:pinkiesad2:.

Folding her arms under her chest Daisy narrowed her eyes giving Fireheart a stern cold stare gulping Fireheart took a step back Eventide looked between the two of them clearly confused. Stepping around the counter Daisy leaned in her face was grim her eyes darkened keeping her eyes locked on Fireheart seeing a look of worry on the young teens face Daisy stepped back behind the counter.

“You do fully understand.” Daisy began ending the awkward silence between the three of them, “That Lord Odin is one of the most powerful ancient Norse deities and he young sk’oll is not to be trifled with?”

While she did a one-eighty rather quickly:rainbowderp:.

“Yes we both understand this.” Eventide chimmend in adding, “Now are you going to allow us to buy the supplies we need for this or do we have to go elsewhere for our supplies?”

Turning her attention to Eventide who gave her a cold stare in return Daisy growled out, “Do not take that tone with me Eventide Shimmer Soleil!” watching Eventide give Fireheart a passing glance she added, “Yes I know who you are and I know who your grandfather is as well.”

Another surprise:rainbowderp:!

“Wait back up how do you know me and my grandfather?” Eventide asked clearly confused adding, “I have as far as I know never met you until today that is.”

“Do you recall when you broke your right leg you were eight years old at the time being your grandfather told you not to stand up in the saddle while you were learning how to ride a horse.” Daisy stared at Eventide with conviction in her eyes as she added, “But you have your mother’s need to prove yourself burning within you so you stood up and got yourself tossed off the horses back.” Watching Eventide look down she continued, “You didn’t cry once not even when I had to reset your broken bone I also recall six months after you got your cast off your grandfather insisted that we take you on the ritual hunt.” Slowly Eventide looked her face showed a demeanor of calmness and happiness at the memory, “You were so eager to prove yourself to us that you rather foolishly rushed the boar taking it with your bare hands the animal mauled your right shoulder but to my shock and your grandfather's as well you took down the boar.”

Wow, Eventide had a rather...eventful childhood didn't she:twilightblush:?

“I just wanted to make clear to you both that you should know what yourselves getting into before you buy the supplies that you will need to make a proper sacrifice to Lord Odin.” looking at Eventide, Daisy added, “And from the look on Eventide’s face I’d say she recalls me rather vividly wouldn’t you say that as well peu guerrier.”

...what kind of Sacrifice:twilightoops:?!

“No one has called me ‘Little Warrior’ since I was nine years old. And you are correct I didn’t cry because as a warrior it is wrong for me to cry. I will never cry for anything or...anyone.” Eventide replied adding, “Daisy we both fully understand what we are getting ourselves into can we please with your permission gather up what we need to do this?”

“ You will find Eventide that as a warrior you are allowed to cry even when you think it is not the right time or place.” Daisy replied adding, “You’ll find all that you need including the spears and a wagon complete with a hitch in the very back of the store just take Vinr round back and I’ll do the rest.”

Well that was rather eventful:rainbowderp:!

“We need to hurry Eventide.” Fireheart called out to her, “I don’t know about you but I for one don’t want to get soaked.” watching Eventide approach her she finished, “You stay here I’ll go get the drinking horns and fill them with my fathers beer then we can make a proper offering to Lord Odin.”

“Agreed.” Eventide replied watching Fireheart leave. “And while she does that I’ll set up the altar and the cheese a bread.”

Good luck girls:twilightsmile:.

A few moments went by before Fireheart came back with nine small drinking horns placing each one in a triangle on the altar that Eventide had set up. Each wheel of cheese had been placed in the center of each triangle of plants and candles. Feeling around her pants pockets Eventide groaned in irritation, “Damn-it I didn’t bring my grandfathers zippo with me.”

“Here use this.” Fireheart said, handing over a small lighter she added, “Its my fathers I snagged it before coming back out I thought it might come in handy for this.”

Heading back inside Fireheart came out with a large pitcher of beer handing it to Eventide taking the pitcher from her Eventide began to fill the horns with beer. Her work complete Eventide set the pitcher down looked to the sky above calling out, “We the children of Midgard do hail you Lord Odin and ask upon this day that you might forgive us for our transgressions from the day past.” though still in pain from her bout with Three Toes Eventide slowly began to raise her hands above her head with Fireheart copying the gesture Eventide added, “ Hail the grey wanderer for many years you have knocked at the hidden doors to our souls, patient yet ever insistent: awaiting our response.”

Here it comes:rainbowderp:!

Thunder boomed over heard Eventide smiled her eyes darkened keeping her arms raised she closed her eyes for a few moments taking in the cold chilly air and thunderous nose of the oncoming storm. Fireheart closed her eyes calling out, “All Father you who knows the passageways to my heart. Yet patient, waiting, not treading there within uninvited.” Opening her eyes she added, Wise one you teach me the greater worth of a path freely chosen. I welcome You now into my heart, unfettered by reservation.”

Watching Eventide lower her arms Fireheart stood silently for a few minutes as Eventide gestured to the drinking horns before lowering her own arms. Eventide looked up with pride showing in her eyes calling out, “Odin you are Lord of all Asagard we your followers offer you these nine horns of beer so that you might drink your fill and offer us safe passage on the journey that you have shown us today.”

“Spear Shaker You who incites wars amongst nations and the battles within each of our hearts: You spur us now to rise to the challenge of a warriors calling to take part in all that life has to offer to us.” Fireheart called out as Eventide gestured to each of the nine spears Fireheart added, “One eyed god your quest unhalted by sacrifice so do we commit to follow your internal will now and forever shall we be yours to command.” Gesturing to Eventide who took out from a small pouch sitting on a altar in front of her a handful of rune stones Fireheart finished, “Master of the runes through your gift we glimpse the web of Wyrd so do we two your daughters of Midgard seek the knowledge that your staves reveal to you and to the other gods.”

This is quite the ritual:ajsmug:.

Worried for her friend Fireheart was about to speak when Eventide cut her off, “Patron to the skalds bringer of the mead of inspiration may our words be pleasing to your ears.” Taking a step towards the altar Fireheart saw only emptiness behind Eventide’s cyan eyes watching her slowly raise her arms again adding, “Master of fury primal and uncontained: dictated by necessity. May we two daughters persevere, unrepressed, in adversity to show you your glory in all things to come.”

Gulping Fireheart stepped towards Eventide watching her lower her arms Eventide turned around facing Fireheart thunder boomed over head as lightning crackled. Several loud explosions could be heard off in the distance Fireheart locked eyes with Eventide. Taking another step towards Eventide, Fireheart stopped as Eventide said, “May your queen Freya and her Valkyries find the two of us daughters of Midgard worthy when the web of our lives has been cut by the Norns and may we both pass under the mighty tree Yggdrasil with your blessings Lord Odin.”

And thus it ends:ajsleepy:.

The rain began to fall hard Eventide bowed her head Fireheart quickly copied the gesture turning to leave Fireheart called out to Eventide, “We’re going to get soaked if we stay out here much longer we should head inside.”

“Alright we’ll head in.” Eventide called back over the sound of the pour rain “Looks like grandpa and your father are going to get soaked out there man the rain sure is coming down hard.” heading inside the house Fireheart headed to her bedroom while Eventide headed to the living room sitting down she began to get a fire going thinking to herself, “I hope grandpa and Cernunnos have found a dry place to bunk down for the rest of the day.”

Me too...:pinkiesad2:.

”Sure thing then perhaps you can tell me what Gloriosa meant by ‘you have your mother’s need to prove yourself burning within you’ I don’t really understand what she meant by this.”

Chuckling to herself Eventide breathed in placing a hand to her ribs rubbing the area tenderly looking into the fire she closed her eyes letting the warmth of the fire dry her wet skin. Opening her eyes Eventide looked down saying, “I have the same spirit that my mother Celestia has I was taken away from her when I was seven and placed in the care of my grandfather. I am sure my mother hates me that is why I was taken away from her.” Looking back up Eventide added, “I can hear and see things that to many people are not real but I know what I see and hear is real.”

Well, you are the Princess of the Sun's daughter:twilightsmile:.

“Tell me what do you see when you look at me?” Fireheart asked getting up Eventide watched her head to her room returning with her flute sitting back down Fireheart added, “Do you see birds and animals when you look at other people?”

“No.” Eventide replied swallowing hard she added, “I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t make fun of this.”

“I am in no making ‘fun’ of this for I too see things that most would say are not there only I see animals or at least I think they are animals but I am curious. If you have felt this way why has your grandfather not sought out medical help for you?”

“He was in war though he won’t talk about it I have secretly read his journals I know he saw what medical science can do if it is abused. That is why he doesn’t trust medicine. As for you questions I see a woman dressed in red with long silver hair shimmering red eyes and light freckles on her face. She is dressed in a long flowing red cloak she has long slender elf like ears pale moon-white skin and a soft kindly voice.”

Interesting...:unsuresweetie:.

“What do you call this uh, person?” Fireheart asked clearly worried and not liking where Eventide was going with their conversation. “I um, well that is I---”

“She is called Elf.” Watching Eventide begin to show signs of unquenchable fear Fireheart watched Eventide’s jaw tremble as she finished, “And she is standing right....behind you.”

"Hello Eventide." Eventide heard Elf begin, "Time to play."

Oh crud:rainbowderp:!!!

Now this was a very interesting chapter; as will the others, I fully enjoyed it and cant wait for the next, especially with that cliffhanger:twilightsmile::rainbowderp:. Sorry about not commentating, I was uh...a little under the weather lately:twilightblush:.

9524170
Thank you so much for reading and enjoying that chapter it will be a little while before I get the next one posted as I am taking a break from that story to write another one. I look forward to your thoughts on 'Kindness: To Save a Life' let me know what you think of it. Take care and have a wonderful day. :twilightsmile:

9796083
Joker is a character from Mass Effect. He is the pilot of the spacecraft SSV Normandy, but cannot live a normal life due to his brittle bones making it almost impossible for him to walk.

Sorta like how Scoots here struggles with swimming.

9796151
ah, okay cool. I look forward to reading further comments from you about the rest of the story. :twilightsmile:

9797570
Yep. Love it so far.

9797792
Cool, I hope you will enjoy my other stories as much as you have enjoyed this one. :twilightsmile:

9798158
No probs. I bet Diamond loves the fact that the CMC are out of the way.

9798411
I'll try to get to another chapter of this story soon but right now I am working on 'Kindness: To Save a Life' so it might be a while before I show how Diamond Tiara is going to react to this.

9799473
I'll give that a look.

9803145
Cool looking forward to your thoughts about my latest story. :twilightsmile:

9886740
Whoops, sorry, that was my mistake, I meant to say her uncle, not her father:twilightsheepish:.

9886748
it was also my own mistake as I thought you where reading 'Kindness: To Save a Life' and fully, completely didn't realize you where reading 'Why? A Tale of Anon-a-Miss' for that I fully apologize.

9886751
That's fine, I just felt like going back over the story again:twilightsmile:. As for Kindness to Save a Life, I'll leave my thoughts on that soon. I just need to get some stuff together:raritywink:.

9886756
Cool I can't wait to see what you think of it. If you notice anything that might seem a bit harsh or out of character please let me know. Also keep in mind everyone in the story expect for Harsh Whinny is reacting to the Fall Formal incident. So some of the characters might be a bit out of touch with their tv counterparts.

9886774
Cool can't wait. Any how I am almost ready to post another chapter to that story so I am looking forward to hearing from you.

9886230
I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens next in the story. I also find Celestisla condoning Sunset's attacking her friends to be alarming, as it sets a dangerous precedent.

Celestia: why did you think it was acceptable to beat up those students who were bullying you?
Student: Sunset did so, and you seemed to have no issue with it.

9918623
Oh, okay! Thank you for the correction, that's my bad!

10206585
Of course. The storyline is really good. Been through similar, but not entirely the same. I too was abandoned by friends for a crime I didn't commit, that is why I love the Anon-a-miss stories so much.

10206714
I know what you mean I went through something along these lines during my senor year in high-school if you like this story please feel free to check out my other Anon-a-Miss story, titled "Kindness: To Save a Life" right now I am building up Sunset Shimmers depression and working out details as to why the CMC do what they do to her. I hated the whole Jealously thing so i am trying to find a better reason for their behavior. Anyhow again thank you so much for the wonderful comment I hope you continue to enjoy the story. If you have any questions about it or about the characters please feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll answer your questions as soon as I can. :twilightsmile:

10206762
I am currently busy with my own Anon-a-miss story, and I also hate the whole jealousy reasoning. I would like to change it as well.

Why the hiatus?

10388231
I at the time being was working with someone who was helping me with editing and then I had to find someone else, now with the pandemic going around I have been unable to find anyone who will work for entirely for free. I also wanted to try to find someone who could draw what my OC Eventide Shimmer Soliel looked like to add to this story but that also fell to the wayside. So until I get that done the story is on Hiatus, lastly I am currently working on another story.

10388637
Well then you havent come to me yet lol. Id be willing to help edit as I have nothing to do half the time... And... *points to my icon* Im an artist.

11359649

I never really meant it, not that the comment is any indication. This was something I read a long time ago, and my opinion has changed since then.

I was way harsher than I was back then, that’s not my attitude now.

11780016
The story was so amazing! I loved it! Twi being the twin sister?? So crazy, I hope you continue this story. What's Your favorite ship? Mine is Twipie (my OTP fr!!)

11780051
My absolute favorite ship is Sunset with Sci-Twilight or Sunset with Fluttershy

11781102
Slay bro. Amazing ships! I respect your ships man!

Login or register to comment