• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 59: Let the Pokemon League Preliminaries Begin!

Stopping on the way to the Red Arena, Toby swapped Snowball out for his Noivern, who we was planning to have in the preliminaries, "Alright Toby, we're heading up to the stands," Lincoln said, as the others climbed up some stairs, with Ross carrying Lily's stroller.

"Ok Lincoln," Toby replied, as he entered the arena. Inside, he saw about fifty or so trainers, already inside, waiting to start the preliminaries. He recognized some of them immediately, in the forms of Captain Lana, Mallow, and Acerola, who Toby figured were in it for the title of Alola champion. He could also spot the likes of Davis, Amy, Mako, and Byakko, who were also anticipating the start of the tournament.

"Looks like some stiff competition," Ross commented, as he and the others took their seats.

"Hey, isn't that Mallow, Acerola, and Captain Lana?" Lisa questioned, immediately spotting the Trial Captains.

"Hey, you're right!" Lincoln commented. Just then, the bell went off. On the nearby jumbotron, a 60 second countdown appeared.

"Alright trainers, when this timer hit's zero, it's battle on! All you have to do to make it to the actual tournament is be one of the eight trainers with their Pokémon left standing. Once your Pokémon is knocked out, please exit the arena in an orderly fashion," the announcer explained. All the trainers began releasing their Pokémon. Captain Lana sent out a Gyarados, Mallow had sent in a Lurantis, and Acerola sent out a Gengar. Davis, Amy, Mako, and Byakko released a Manectric, Glalie, Pelipper, and Alolan Persian, respectively.

"Whoa, that's a lot of interesting looking creatures," Ross commented, as Toby released his Noivern, as the timer hit the 10 second countdown.


In the Green Arena,

"Alright Primarina, are you ready?" Fluttershy asked her Pokémon. Primarina squeaked, sounding like it was raring to go. Among the trainers in the green arena, there was also Kiawe, Ilima, Molayne, Gladion, Delilah, Sergey, and Cletus.

"This looks like it may be close," Rhonda commented.

"We'll just have to wait and see," Luna replied.


In the Blue Arena,

"Alright, I'm ready to go.... are you Blastoise?" Silver Spoon asked her chosen Pokémon, who nodded simply, looking like it was ready to battle. Among the trainer in her arena, there was Hau, Guzma, Plumeria, Sophocles, Ryuki, and Nico, Busujima.

"I hope your friend can handle all of this," Rachel commented.

"Sylvia will be fine. A good strategy is to just stay out of the way," Lucy replied.


In the Yellow Arena,

"Ok Decidueye, this is it. Are you ready?" Will asked his Pokémon, who flicked it's cape like plumage. In his arena, some trainers he recognized were Mina and Chaz, the latter of whom was talking to a nerdy looking girl, who seemed to be giving him some pointers.

"Alright, now let's see what we can expect from this tournament," Randy commented.

"We won't have to wait any longer. Look!" Lori replied, pointing at the countdown clock.

3.....

2...…

1...…

BEGIN!

When the whistle blew, the battle to be in the top eight began, "Now Decidueye, use Phantom Force!" no sooner than Will give his command, Decidueye disappeared, before reappearing, and striking some Pokémon.


In the Red Arena,

"Alright Noivern, circle around! Then use Boomburst!" Toby instructed. Noivern circled around, avoiding some attacks, before unleashing a devastating sound blast that was able to take out several Pokémon.

"Now Glalie, use Blizzard!" Amy instructed. Glalie then released a powerful flurry of snow, which hit several more Pokémon.

"I knew the battle's were going to be intense, but this is more than what I was expecting," Ross commented, as trainers were getting defeated left and right.

"Alright Manectric, use Discharge!" Davis' Manectric then sent electricity across the battlefield, which struck more Pokémon.

"Persian, use Fury Swipes!" Byakko exclaimed. His Persian then started slashing away at more Pokémon.


In the Green Arena,

"Looks like Flora's doing pretty good out there," Luna commented, as Fluttershy and Primarina were battling their hardest in the mass of trainers and Pokémon.

"Now Primarina, use Sparkling Aria!" Fluttershy instructed. Primarina then gathered water by singing, then fired it at a group of Pokémon, which was able to knock them all out.

"Only a few more trainers to go before we have our eight trainers," Rhonda commented, looking at the counter on the jumbotron that was counting down at a rapid pace, nearing the eight trainer mark.


In the Blue Arena,

"Let's keep up our Defenses Blastoise! Now let's use Rapid Spin!" Silver Spoon instructed. Blastoise then withdrew itself into it's shell, and started spinning around at a high velocity, smacking around several Pokémon.

"Alright Muk, use Sludge Wave!" Busujima ordered. His Alolan Muk then started to flood the immediate vicinity of the arena with sludge, which seemed to damage all the Pokémon it touched, apart from the Steel Type Perrserker, that Nico had sent out.

"Alright Perrserker, use Night Slash!" Nico instructed. Perrserker then went on the attack, hacking and slashing any Pokémon that was in it's way. It was about to attack the Garchomp that Ryuki had sent out, when.....


*FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!*

"Alright, that does it! Everyone, stop battling!" the announcer requested, and almost instantly, the trainer's Pokémon stopped battling, "The Blue Arena has it's Eight Trainers that are going on to the victory round!" he exclaimed, as pictures of Silver Spoon, Nico, Busujima, Sophocles, Guzma, Plumeria, Hau, and Ryuki appeared on the jumbotron, "Will the eight remaining trainers please make their way back into the main arena, where you will be given some supplies provided by the Pokémon League?" the announcer requested.

"Tsk, I was just getting starting," Busujima complained, as they all piled out of the Arena.

"Man, that was close!" Liam commented.

"Yeah, well, at least Sylvia is going on to the next round," Rachel commented, as they left the stands themselves.


In the Yellow Arena,

"Alright, we have our Eight Trainers!" the announcer exclaimed, as the battling stopped. After he said that, pictures of Will, Mina, Chaz, the nerdy girl that Chaz was talking to, and four other trainers appeared on the jumbotron.

"Will's in!" Lori exclaimed.

"So, what happens next?" Rusty wondered.

"Now, if the eight remaining trainers will return to the main arena, some materials for the League will be distributed," the announcer requested, as the eight trainers left the arena.

"I guess that answers that," Randy commented, as they left the stands.


In the Green Arena,

"Alright, so next up is the actual tournament," Lola commented. On the Jumbotron, there were pictures of Fluttershy, Kiawe, Ilima, Molayne, Gladion, Delilah, Sergey, and Cletus.

"And that's where we'll see more action, right?" Rhonda asked.

"I guess?" Lynn Jr. replied, unsure on how to answer her aunt.

"Well, let's just go rejoin the others," Luna suggested, as they left the stands.


In the Red Arena,

"Just one more trainer left to beat!" Lincoln commented, as only nine trainer remained. Among them was Toby, the three trial captains, and the four Bandit Star Pirates. There was only one more trainer that Byakko was engaging.

"Now Persian, use Slash attack!" Byakko instructed. Persian then delivered a devastating Slash to a Magmar, which clinched it for him and the other seven trainers. The bell went off.

"And that settles it! These eight trainers will be moving on to the next round!" the announcer declared, as pictures of the eight remaining trainers appeared on the screen.

"Phew, at least I'm in!" Mako said, out of breath.

"You did great out there Noivern," Toby praised, spraying his Pokémon with a Full Restore.

"Now, if all trainers will proceed back to the main arena, materials for the rest of the competition will be distributed," the announcer said.

"We'd better get going too," Ross said, as he and the kids all left the stands, while the eight trainers exited the arena themselves.


Back in the Main Arena,

The remaining 32 trainers had piled into the main arena, where they were awaiting further instructions. Our Ponyville heroes took this time to regroup, "Glad to see you all made it," Will commented.

"I was worried I was going to be a sitting duck," Fluttershy replied.

"I relied mostly on hit and run tactics," Toby commented.

"My strategy was to withstand my opponent's attacks, while delivering counterattacks right back," Silver Spoon commented. Just then, a group of people came through one of the halls, wheeling out a cart.

"Alright trainers, listen up! You've all managed to keep your cool, and make it into the actual tournament. With that in mind, the Aether Foundation President, Lusamine has provided you all with basic necessities while you're competing," the worker said, picking up a booklet, "These booklets contain rules and regulations for the competition. They'll explain how the initial first round will go down. It also contains a map listing various shops and stalls that are around the stadium. You've also been given key cards to dorm rooms where you'll be staying. When you are eliminated, you can still use the rooms, but at the end of the tournament, you are expected to give them back," he explained, as he passed out the booklets and key cards to each trainer, "Tomorrow will be a mandatory day of rest after the events of today. You may spend the day however you like. You can go back to one of the island's of Alola if you so choose, but you must be back by the appointed time as listed in the rule books. If you have any questions, a phone has been provided in each dorm room with a hot line number in case you have questions about the tournament. So, with that all said, have a pleasant stay, and battle on!" the worker said, taking his leave. Once he left, and the trainers dispersed, our heroes from Ponyville regrouped with their friends in the food court for some lunch. Lincoln was telling his Aunts and Uncles about the adventures he and his sisters had in Alola.

"... And it was then that they were able to clear the Lush Jungle Trial," Lincoln said, telling them about Akala Island.

"I see. I had a feeling there would be a jungle on one of these islands," Randy commented, taking a bite of his pizza.

"So, were you and your sisters able to catch any Pokémon?" Rhonda asked.

"Yeah, we did. Here's mine," Lincoln replied, releasing his Toxapex, "I caught this one as a Mareanie, but it later evolved into the Toxapex you see right now," Lincoln explained.

"Hmm, quite a spikey little thing. Kind of looks like a sea urchin," Ross commented.

"Well, it's classified as the Brutal Star Pokémon, and is a Poison and Water type. Though it's the yellow spike on top of it's head that carries most of the poison," Lincoln replied.

"I see. So, is Toxapex friendly?" Rachel asked.

"Mine is. But in general, they don't have a title like 'The Brutal Star Pokémon' for nothing," Lincoln replied. As he went into more details, across the dining room, Lisa was reading over the rulebook.

"Ok, if I'm reading this right, the first two rounds of competition is going to consist of three on three battles. Once the remaining contestants have been dropped to only eight, then battles will be six on six," she said, looking over the rules.

"Sounds about right," Will commented.

"Furthermore, substitutions may be made at any time during the match. But if all of either trainer's Pokémon is declared 'unable to battle', then the other trainer will win. Furthermore, matchups for each round will not be announced until the night before the next round. In addition, the use of Z Moves and Mega Evolution may be made at any time during the battle," Lisa added.

"Which means we would have little time to formulate a strategy," Will commented.

"If it's any consolation, it would also mean the other trainer would be in the same boat," Silver Spoon commented.

"True," Will replied.

"But as the worker stated, tomorrow is a mandatory day of rest. Absolutely no battling of any kind is permitted in or around the arena. Anyone caught violating this rule is immediately disqualified," Lisa read more into the book.

"Then it's a good thing we got in all that training," Fluttershy commented.

"I wonder who our first opponents will be?" Toby commented, looking around the food court, seeing the Bandit Star Pirates and the Trial Captains, all having their lunch. The same nerdy girl Fluttershy saw talking with Chaz before the preliminaries was talking with Nico, who listened intently to what she was saying.

"Well, how about after lunch we go check out the dorm rooms? Afterwards, we can take a look around the stadium," Will suggested.

"Sounds good. Maybe, since the five of us will be sharing a room, we can give the other three key cards to Lincoln and the rest of them?" Toby suggested.

"Good call," Will said, as they continued with their meal.


Later,

"And viola," Will said, entering his key card, which then opened the door to the room he and his Ponyville friends would be sharing. Inside, there was two sets of bunk beds, a TV, a bathroom, and a fridge, "Looks like we've got everything we could possibly need for our stay," Will commented, as they dropped off their stuff. Toby then laid down on the bed.

"Whoa, the beds are comfortable," he commented.

"Oh yeah?" Silver Spoon asked, laying down next to him, "Oh, you're right!" she said.

"Serenity, you can sleep with either me or Toby if you wish," Fluttershy said.

"O-Ok Mommy," Serenity replied.

"The bathroom's fairly big too," Will commented, looking at the bathroom, "Well, what do you say we go check out the stadium stores and services?" Will suggested.

"Ok. We can leave our stuff in here while we explore," Silver Spoon replied, as they piled their bags next to the beds, and exited the room.

"Alright, the rulebook also came with a map of the place, so we'll know where we want to go," Will said, taking out the rulebook, opening it up to a map of the arena. As they were walking away, they saw their Royal Woods friends coming out of each of their rooms. Lincoln's sisters were all in one room, Lincoln was bunking with his friends, and the adults were sharing one room themselves.

"You guys going to check out the shops?" Randy asked.

"Yeah. We figured we could scope out where we would like to go tomorrow," Will replied.

"Well, maybe we should do the same," Lincoln suggested.

"Good call, bro," Luna replied, as they all left their rooms, and made their way to the shopping district of the arena. They soon arrived at the shopping district, where many guests were already looking around at the various stalls. It didn't take long for Will to spot a certain champion in front of an ice cream stall.

"Hmm, chocolate chip? Strawberry? They all look good," Cynthia murmured, trying to make up her mind.

"Looks like Cynthia is as indecisive as ever with her ice cream," Will commented, as he saw Fluttershy and the kids all going over to a jeweler stand, where Steven was helping out at.

"Oh sure, I can put your Key Stones into more appropriate and easy to use accessories. If you'll come back in about half an hour, I will have come up with something," Steven said, as he took each of their Key Stones.

"Thank you for doing this," Fluttershy said. The kids all gave their sentiments as well.

"You're very much welcome," Steven said, as he went to work.

"Getting your Key Stones made into accessories?" Will asked.

"Yeah. We figured we may need them during the competition," Silver Spoon replied.

"Plus, I think I saw Busujima getting fitted for a Mega Accessory too," Toby added.

"He may have evolved his Shelgon into a Salamence, which is capable of Mega Evolving," Will replied.

"Maybe we could ask Lori, Leni, and Lola to make accessories with the Mega Stones we got from the Battle Tree," Toby suggested.

"Good thinking. What about you will? Are you planning to use Mega Evolution?" Fluttershy asked.

"Hmm. I'd say probably not," Will replied.

"Any reason why?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Yeah, I have my reasons. For starters, I don't want to unleash Mega Evolution on an opponent who doesn't have the same luxury, or unless I really need it. Besides, I want to see how far I can get with just using Z Moves," Will replied, looking at his Z Power Ring.

"Sounds reasonable," Fluttershy commented. Just then, they saw something that piqued their curiosity. There was a sign the read "Wonder Trade Room".

"Hey Will, what's Wonder Trading?" Lincoln asked.

"Ah, an excellent question Lincoln!" Will said, as they entered the room. Inside, they saw trainers placing Pokeballs into a big machine which then sent them away, before a new one reappeared, "You see guys, Wonder Trading is a method that allows trainers to trade Pokémon with Trainers from all across the world. However, there is no guarantee on what Pokémon you'll get, but you can send any Pokémon you choose," Will explained.

"Have you Wonder Traded before?" Luan asked

"Quite a few times actually," Will replied.

"I'd like to say I would like to try it out for myself, but I spent the last week bonding with all the Pokémon I caught. I couldn't bear the thought of sending them away," Fluttershy commented.

"Flora's right. Much as I would like to receive a Pokémon from a foreign region, I don't think I want to send any of my Pokémon either," Silver Spoon commented. Toby and Serenity looked at one another, and they too felt the same way.

"Well, I have an idea you could probably do," Lincoln commented, getting the attention of the group, "You guys could send Token Pokémon," he stated.

"'Token Pokémon'? What does that mean?" Lynn Jr. asked.

"Well, you remember from the Duel Monsters game, that some cards can summon token monsters, which can be used any way you see fit, right? Well, if you guys catch just any random Pokémon in the wild, you can send that in a Wonder Trade, rather than using one of the Pokémon you've already caught," Lincoln explained.

"Hmm, you know, that may not actually be a bad idea. If you think about it, you're giving a Pokémon that would be foreign in other regions in exchange for one that foreign to this one," Lana commented.

"And you guys are technically free to go back to one of the four islands if you so choose. The rule book says you just have to show up to League for you matches then next day," Lisa said.

"Well, if that's the case, then I guess we could do that," Fluttershy commented.

"Precisely. That's how those other trainers are doing the Wonder Trading," an unfamiliar voice said. The voice turned out to belong to the same nerdy girl that Chaz was talking to. This caused everyone there, including Lucy to jump.

"Now Ruby, was that any way to introduce yourself?" they heard Nico say, as she walked into the room.

"Eh, I was more interested in collecting information on this group. If they are how the others say they are, then they may prove to be formidable adversaries," the nerdy girl stated, walking away.

"That was Ruby, one of the Bandit Star Pirates' Big Four," Nico said, introducing the girl to the others, "So, I guess you guys are going to try Wonder Trading?" she asked.

"Yeah. It would be a good experience for them," Will replied.

"I see. Well, I plan on Wonder Trading too, but maybe tomorrow," Nico replied, walking away.

"Well, lets go check out more of the arena," Will suggested, as they left the room. As they did, they ran into another familiar face.

"Why, Alola folks!" an old man dress in a green tourist shirt and short khaki pants greeted. He was carrying a small briefcase.

"Alola..... Professor Oak?! What are you doing here?!" Will exclaimed.

"Ah yes, I am often told that we look alike. My name is Samson Oak. My cousin, the Professor Oak you know is named Samuel," the old man replied, looking at the large group, "I see you're all here, eager to take part in the League that Young Kukui had been planning for years," Samson commented.

"Yeah, though the Trials on Poni Island had us work for those Z Crystals," Fluttershy commented.

"Well, all that really matters is that you've made it into the League. By the way, how has your Totem Sticker Collection come along?" Samson asked.

"We were able to find 100 stickers," Will said, showing the sticker album, which was chock full of Totem Stickers.

"Well, how about that? Well, as promised, you all shall receive a fabulous prize for collecting them all," Samson said.

"And that prize is....?" Will asked, sounding eager to know what it was.

"Right in here!" the old man said, placing his briefcase on a table. Opening it, it was revealed to be about 11 Pokeballs, each with a label on it, "Inside each of these Pokeballs contains a Pokémon you've probably faced in a trial. They are the same size as the Totem Pokémon you faced in each trial," Samson explained.

"Whoa, this is a surprise!" Will exclaimed.

"The five of you may have your pick of any of the Pokeballs. You've earned them all," Samson commented.

"Well, who wants which Pokeball?" Will asked. Serenity went first, taking the Pokeballs marked "Raticate", "Togedemaru", and "Ribombee". Silver Spoon took two Pokeballs, marked "Gumshoos" and "Mimikyu". Toby took the Pokeballs marked "Marowak" and "Salazzle", Fluttershy took the ones marked "Araquanid" and "Lurantis", and Will took the ones marked "Vikavolt" and "Kommo-o".

"You are free to use each of these Pokémon in the tournament if you so choose, and they can use Z Moves like any other Pokémon," Samson stated.

"Thanks for this Professor," Will replied, as Samson took his leave.

"So Pokémon can also be given?" Ross asked.

"Yeah, but in extremely rare cases," Will replied, as they continued on exploring the stadium.


The Next Day,

Having captured some "Token Pokémon", our heroes, including Leni, Luan, and Lola, found themselves back at the Wonder Trading Room, "Ok guys, so you have the Pokémon you want to send?" Will asked.

"We do," Fluttershy replied.

"Alright, then I'll show you how this works," Will said, leading them to the machines, "Just like the regular trading machine, just place the Pokeball containing your Pokémon in the tray, then hit send. The machine will do the rest," Will instructed. Each of them placed their Pokeball on the tray. They then pressed the send button, which sent out their Pokeballs. After a moment, another Pokeball took the place of the original. Once they finished up their Wonder Trading, they pulled out the Pokeballs they received, "Now, let's see what kind of Pokémon you guys got," Will said. Fluttershy tossed three Pokeballs, Silver Spoon tossed four, Serenity tossed five, and Toby tossed two.

Out of Fluttershy's Pokeballs came an Absol and Altaria, both with a necklace around their necks, and a purple monkey with a hand like tail. Out of Silver Spoon's Pokeballs came a large, white dog Pokémon with a messy coat, a small, gray cat with half lidded eyes, a pink seahorse with two large antler like horns that sparkled upon materializing, and a Qwilfish. Out of Serenity's Pokeballs came a small, pink Pokémon that looked to be wrapped in some kind of pink cloak, a small, doll like Pokémon balanced on a spike, a blue, coral like Pokémon that sparkled when it materialized, a crab like Pokémon nestled in a rock, and a very small white Pokémon that was hanging onto a blue flower. Out of Toby's Pokeballs came a tall, white Pokémon that looked to be wearing a large brimmed hat with a tentacle on top, and a short Pokémon with a large orange and yellow flower, and large sepals around it's legs, giving it the appearance of a ball gown. This Pokémon seemed rather skittish and was easily frightened when it saw Toby.

"Hmm, not bad. Absol, Altaria, Aipom, Furfrou, Glameow, Kingdra, Qwilfish, Burmy, Baltoy, Corsola, Dwebble, Floette, and a Liligant. Though I don't know what that second Pokémon you got is, Toby," Will commented, looking at the unfamiliar Pokémon.

"Well, let me look it up," Toby said, pulling out his Rotom Phone.

"Hatterene, the Silent Pokémon, a Psychic and Fairy Type. This Pokémon is not fond of strong emotions, and will lash out on anyone, including it's trainer. It is often referred to as the 'Witch of the Forest'," Toby's Rotom Phone explained.

"Hmm, sounds like the polar opposite of Gardevoir," Will commented.

"What do you mean?" Luan asked, as she, Leni, and Lola were trying out the machines themselves.

"See, the Gardevoir line is dependent on emotions. Ralts won't appear near anyone with hostile emotions, Kirlia will dance if it senses it's trainer is happy, and Gardevoir will protect it's trainer to the fullest extent," Will explained.

"I think I get what you're getting at. But what about that Liligant Pokémon?" Toby wondered, pointing his phone at the frightened Liligant.

"Liligant, the Flowering Pokémon, a Grass Type. This Pokémon always produces beautiful flowers, but it is difficult for even veteran trainers to get it to bloom," the Phone explained.

"Call me crazy, but I think Liligant might be scared of us," Silver Spoon commented, noticing Liligant's frightened mannerisms.

"Liligant probably had a traumatic experience with humans," Will solemnly commented.

"Maybe I can get Tsareena and Sceptile to talk to Liligant, to show that I'm a friend," Toby pondered.

"It's worth a try," Will replied, as Toby went over to the PC to get his two Grass Pokémon.

"While he's doing that, why not check out your Pokémon?" Will asked.

"Oh, right!" Silver Spoon commented, as she, Fluttershy, and Serenity all pointed their phones at their new Pokémon.

"Absol, the Disaster Pokémon, a Dark Type. This Pokémon has the ability to predict disasters, and will appear before humans to warn them. However, people will often blame Absol as the harbinger of disasters. Altaria, the Humming Pokémon, a Dragon and Flying Type. This Pokémon's cottony wings are perfect for catching updrafts. It is often seen singing as it flies through the air. Aipom, the Long Tail Pokémon, a Normal Type. Because of the lack of use of it's actual hands, Aipom uses it's tail for various tasks, such as climbing trees or gathering food. Note: Absol and Altaria are in possession of Absolite and Altarianite," Fluttershy's Rotom Phone explained.

"That's pretty lucky. Two Pokémon with their respective Mega Stones?" Will commented.

"Maybe I'll use one of them for the first round," Fluttershy commented. All three of her new Pokémon seemed to be extremely fond of their new trainer.

"Furfrou, the Poodle Pokémon, a Normal Type. This Pokémon's fur grows very long, and very fast. This has prompted many stylists to come up with various trims for this Pokémon. Glameow, the Catty Pokémon, a Normal Type. When in a good mood, this Pokémon purrs winningly, and performs a lovely dance with it's spiraling tail. However, if in a bad mood, the claws will come out, quite literally. Kingdra, the Dragon Pokémon, a Water and Dragon Type. This Pokémon can create whirlpools by yawning. It is often found living deep in the ocean. Qwilfish, the Balloon Pokémon, a Water and Poison Type. Qwilfish takes in large quantities of water to puff up it's body to attack," Silver Spoon's Rotom Phone explained.

"So two Normal Types, and two Water Types. Not too shabby," Silver Spoon commented.

"Burmy, the Bagworm Pokémon, a Bug Type. Burmy comes in three different cloaks. It makes cloaks using whatever is immediately available. Baltoy, the Clay Doll Pokémon, a Ground and Psychic Type. Many archeological digs often come up with cave art, depicting this Pokémon. Corsola, the Coral Pokémon, a Water and Rock Type. Because it's branches break off easy and without pain, this Pokémon uses this as a distraction when being chased. Dwebble, the Rock Inn Pokémon, a Rock and Bug Type. This Pokémon uses a special fluid from it's mouth to hollow out a rock to us as it's shell. Without a proper shell, it becomes very anxious. Floette, the Single Bloom Pokémon, a Fairy Type. This Pokémon is a very devoted gardener, lending it's power to help flowers grow more beautiful. It will often use these flowers as tools in battle," Serenity's Rotom Phone explained.

"Not a bad lineup Serenity," Will commented, looking over Serenity's new Pokémon.

"What about you three? What Pokémon did you get?" Silver Spoon asked the three Loud Sisters.

"Well, we were waiting for you guys to get done checking out your new Pokémon before we brought out our Pokémon," Luan replied.

"Well, we're just about done with that. So, let's see what you got," Will suggested. All three Loud Sisters tossed their Pokeballs. Out of Leni's Pokeball popped a Milotic, our of Luan's came a Pokémon that looked like Mr. Mime, but had a blue color scheme, instead of pink, and appeared to be tap dancing. Lola's Pokéball released a pink, jellyfish like Pokémon, "Ok, so we got a Milotic, a Frillish, and what I believe is a Mr. Mime," Will commented.

"Well, let's have a look at each of them," Fluttershy commented, as she, Silver Spoon, and Serenity all pointed their Phones at the three Pokémon.

"Milotic, the Tender Pokémon, a Water Type. This Pokémon is said to be the most beautiful Pokémon in the world. When it senses strife, it will come up from it's habitat at the bottom of lakes to quell the fighting with a soothing aura," Fluttershy's Rotom Phone said.

"Mr. Mime, Galar Form, the Dancing Pokémon, an Ice and Psychic Type. Its talent is tap-dancing. It can also manipulate temperatures to create a floor of ice, which this Pokémon can kick up to use as a barrier," Serenity's Phone explained.

"Frillish, the Floating Pokémon, a Water and Ghost Type. Its limbs, which float gracefully in the ocean like veils, conceal small spikes that secrete a dangerous poison. it uses this to capture prey," Silver Spoon's Phone said.

"Beautiful is right! Milotic is like, so gorgeous! I'm almost jealous of its hair!" Leni commented.

"So Mr. Mime has a Galarian Form. Interesting," Will said, looking at Luan's new Mr. Mime.

"Well, I could always use a tap-dancing partner in my comedy routines," Luan commented, as Mr. Mime just tap-danced.

"Not to sure how I like the thought of a dangerous poison," Lola commented.

"You needn't worry. Pokémon use techniques like that only when hunting prey. If they're owned by a trainer, then it's ok. But if you feel safe is better than sorry, then you are free to try the Wonder Trade again," Will replied. Lola thought about it for a moment. While she didn't like anything that was poisonous, she felt it was only fair to give Frillish a chance.

"Well, Lincoln's Toxapex is poisonous too, but he still give it a chance. Maybe it would be a good idea to at least try," Lola replied. Will nodded, as Toby released both Tsareena and Sceptile.

"Hey guys, could you do me a favor and talk to Liligant over there? I want to let her know that I'm a friend," Toby asked his two Pokémon. Both nodded, and walked over to Liligant.

For the sake of this next bit, the filter from quite a few chapters ago will be placed that translates Pokémon speech

"Hey there, are you new?" Sceptile asked the easily frightened Liligant, who immediately flinched at the Forest Pokémon's question.

"Smooth Sceptile. Real smooth," Tsareena dryly commented, before turning her attention back to Liligant, "Hey, you don't need to worry. No one here is going to hurt you," the Fruit Pokémon said.

"A-are you s-sure?" Liligant timidly asked.

"Of course. And you needn't worry about Toby. He's the best trainer a Pokémon could ask for," Sceptile replied.

"H-He is?" Liligant asked.

"Of course! He once took me and another Pokémon in when our old trainer abandoned us. We've been aiding him loyally ever since," Tsareena replied.

"W-well, I-I'm not too sure about trusting any trainer," Liligant timidly replied.

"I take it something happened?" Sceptile asked.

"Y-yes. W-well, you see, this isn't the f-first time I-I've been sent by Wonder Trade. My first Trainer wanted me to see the w-world, so they s-sent me to another trainer, who wasn't as nice as my original t-trainer. And since then, I've been Wonder Traded from at least five or six different trainers who all treated me t-terribly," Liligant explained. Both Grass Pokémon looked at their new comrade sympathetically.

"Well, I don't know what kind of trainers you've had, but I said it once, and I'll say it again, you have nothing to worry about with Toby. He's a great guy, and won't send you into battle if you're scared," Sceptile replied.

"But you should have some time to think it over," Tsareena replied, as she and Sceptile went back to Toby.

Filter Off

"Ok you two, did you find anything out?" Toby asked. Both Tsareena and Sceptile nodded, and started making various gestures, which Toby was able to figure out the meaning of, rather quickly, "I see. The poor thing," Toby commented, looking at Liligant, who still looked wary of him.

"Did they find anything out?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah. Apparently, Liligant has been traded from various mean trainers, which broke her spirit and courage," Toby replied.

"That's awful!" Fluttershy commented.

"Well, I think if I want to make friends with Liligant, I should respect her wishes. So, I'll exclude her from my choices for the tournament," Toby commented.

"Ok, so what about Hatterene?" Leni asked, noticing the Pokémon in question was distancing itself from the others.

"Hmm, maybe I should take my time with that one, but I should at least try to make friends with it," Toby replied, as he approached Hatterene, "Hello there. My name is Toby, and I guess starting today, I'm going to be your new trainer," he said awkwardly. Hatterene just simply stared back at her new trainer. Not even making a sound. Turning back to the others, Toby just shrugged, "Maybe Hatterene isn't too talkative," he commented. He then gingerly walked over to Liligant, who tensed up, but slightly relaxed, seeing encouraging looks on Tsareena and Sceptile, "Hello Liligant. I'm your new trainer, Toby. Tsareena and Sceptile gave me the gist of what you've been through, but I can assure you that I won't force you to battle if you don't want to," he said to the Flowering Pokémon.

"Toby, maybe for the time being, you should keep these two in your storage unit," Will suggested.

"You're right. At least until we can truly attempt to bond," Toby replied, recalling both of his new Pokémon, and putting them in Storage.

"Alright, well, now that that's all out of the way, why don't we go and check out more of the arena?" Will suggested, as they all left the Wonder Trading Room.


Later, that evening,

The 32 contestants had all been summoned to the main arena, where Lusamine and Kukui were waiting. The stands were also packed to the brim, "Thank you all for coming. As you know, a the Pokémon League is going to be held in tournament format. You'll all battle your way through each bracket as you try to claim the title of Alola Region Champion," Kukui explained.

"And for that, we need to determine who each of you will be facing. Which is why the computer will randomly choose who you'll be facing for tomorrow's first round. In the first round, only 16 of you will be selected to participate, while the other half will battle it out the next day. Once we're down to 8 remaining trainers, that's when you'll battle with a full team of six Pokémon. And now, without further ado, here are the first round matchups!" Lusamine declared, as everyone turned to the jumbotron, which began shuffling the trainers into the different brackets, before placing a total of 16 pictures of the trainers present on the board.

"Our first round matchups will consist of Ilima VS Nico! Mallow VS Lana! Flora VS Davis! Acerola VS Mako! Ryuki VS Sergey! Arnold VS Busujima! Will VS Molayne! And finally, we'll have Sylvia VS Gladion!" Kukui announced.

"Three of us in the first half of the tournament alone...… this is going to be rough. And a lot of the other trainers are going to be tough!" Will commented.

"Well, all we can do is try our best," Fluttershy replied.

"Right. But I'm going against Gladion," Silver Spoon commented.

"Well, all we can really do is battle to our best abilities," Will commented.

"Now, as for the second half of the bracket, we will announce the match ups after the second half of the first round! So, that being said, plan your strategies accordingly, and battle hard!" Lusamine bellowed, dismissing the trainers from the battlefield.

"But what would the Pokémon League be without a little pre tournament event? We have asked two champions to duke it out in an exhibition match, and here they come now!" Kukui announced, as Wallace and Diantha entered the battlefield. By then, Will and the other three joined their friends in the stands, "Here are the rules for the exhibition match! Only one Pokémon per trainer, and knockout is required to win, and no substitutions are permitted. With that said, let's get this match started! In one corner, from the Kalos Region, we have Diantha! And in this corner, we have Wallace, from the Hoenn Region!" Kukui announced, as both trainers took their place.

"My, my, it's quite an honor to battle a Contest Master such as yourself, Wallace," Diantha commented.

"Likewise. I've battle a number of trainers in the past, but you will be the first movie star. Now, why don't we make this a grand battle, of only the most exceptional beauty and skill?" Wallace asked, holding a Pokeball, as Diantha held hers.

"Alright, begin!" Kukui exclaimed.

"Gardevoir, to my side!" Diantha said, releasing a Gardevoir, that had a beautiful pendant around it's neck.

"Hey, that Gardevoir is different than the one you have Toby," Lola commented.

"That's right. Toby's Gardevoir is a Shiny Pokémon," Will replied.

"Now Milotic, grace us with your presence!" Wallace said, releasing his Milotic. And with that, the tournament was set to get under way.


In the Stadium Jail Cell,

Lynn Sr. and Rita were sulking in their cells. This was the second time Lincoln caused them to get put behind bars, and they were absolutely fed up, "That boy has caused so much trouble for our family...… what did we ever do to deserve this?!" Rita bellowed angrily.

"Lincoln's clearly the one at fault for the whole Bad Luck ordeal. He knows that family HAS to support each other. If he doesn't get free time, then that's just how it goes. Not to mention, he lied to us. We can't trust him anymore," Lynn Sr. grumbled. Even with all the evidence thrown in their faces, they still remained stubborn to their original methodology of parenting. To make matters worse against Lincoln, he even turned Rita's own siblings against her. Who did they think they were? Their first priority was to help their sister, not help Lincoln for throwing a tantrum.

"Well, once we get out of here, we're taking our kids back by force if we have to. Lincoln got too many people outside our family involved when he shouldn't have. Why did we ever introduce him to comics and video games in the first place?" Rita wondered.

"I agree. I would've treated him with the same amount of respect we give our daughters if he had just picked a hobby like Luna, Luan, or Junior. I never once saw the appeal of comics in my life," Lynn Sr. replied.

"We need a way out of this place, and back to Royal Woods. But how do we get home?" Rita wondered, as she and her husband began brainstorming.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Trevenant*(M), Crawdaunt (M), Barbaracle (M), Hariyama (M), Goodra (M),






Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabominable (M), Hawlucha (M), Absol (F), Aipom (F), Altaria (F)







Toby: Turtonator (M), Metagross* (N/A), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Sceptile (M), Alakazam (M)







Serenity: Lopunny (F), Burmy (Plant Cloak)(F), Baltoy (N/A), Corsola* (F), Dwebble (M), Floette (Blue Flower)(F)






Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), Furfrou (F), Glameow (M), Kingdra* (M), Qwilfish (F)








Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)









Lori: Skarmory (F)








Leni: Milotic (F)







Luna: Houndour (F)








Luan: Galarian Mr. Mime (M)







Lynn: Gyarados (M)








Lucy: Sandile (F)









Lana: Minccinno (F)








Lola: Frillish (F)







Lisa: Elgyem (M)





In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Arcanine (M), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Magmortar (F), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Mimikyu (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Aggron (M), Zebstrika (M), Totem Sized Vikavolt (M), Totem Sized Kommo-o (M)





Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (F), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Golem (M), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Gengar* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Steelix (M), Tyranitar (M), Probopass (M), Totem Sized Araquanid (M), Totem Sized Lurantis (F), Toucannon (F), Torterra (M), Meganium (F)






Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Scizor (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M) Goodra (F), Delphox (F), Incineroar (M), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Luxray (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M) Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Noivern (M), Alolan Raichu (F), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Mawile (F), Ninetails (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Meltan (N/A), Heracross (M), Totem Sized Salazzle (F), Totem Sized Marowak (M), Hatterene (F), Liligant (F)







Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F), Mareep*(M), Totem Sized Raticate (F), Totem Sized Togedemaru (F), Totem Sized Ribombee (F),, Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)






Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Gallade (M), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Gengar (M), Glaceon (F), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F), Totem Sized Gumshoos (M), Totem Sized Mimikyu (M)

PreviousChapters Next