• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 66: The Second Round (Part 2)

"Go Arcanine! Use Flare Blitz!" Will instructed. Arcanine surrounded itself in blue fire, and then charged into the Gengar Chaz had sent out as his last Pokemon. Arcanine seemed to be hurt from the attack's recoil, but Gengar was knocked out.

"Gengar is unable to battle, the winner is Arcanine! Therefore, moving on will be Will!" the referee declared.

"Aw man! Bummer!" Chaz complained, but took his defeat with dignity, and recalled his Gengar. Will did the same with Arcanine, as both trainers exited the arena.

"Ok, so who's up next?" Lynn asked.

"Alright folks! Our next match is going to be pitting Flora from Mahogany Town, against Amy, from Verdanturf Town!" the announcer declared.

"Well, I guess I better get down there," Fluttershy said, as she left for the arena.

"Yeah, me too," Amy said, as she got up too.

"Will and Chaz should be going to get their Pokemon healed up, so it may be a while before they come back," Silver Spoon commented.

"Speaking of which, Toby should have his Pokemon all healed up by now," Lisa commented.


Back with Toby,

The young lad was making his way back to the stands to watch the next match, after his Pokemon were all healed up, "Hope I haven't missed to much of Mom's match," Toby said to himself, as he neared the section where his friends were all at. He soon neared their section, when he saw Randy and Leni coming back to the stands as well.

"Ah, Toby. Got your Pokemon all healed up?" Randy asked.

"Yeah. Thankfully, it didn't take too long," Toby said.

"Well, that's good," Leni said, as the three of them entered the stands. Once they entered, they saw Fluttershy was using Probopass against a dragon fly like Pokemon that Amy had sent out. They were battling on a rocky waterfall battlefield.

"Flygon, the Mystic Pokemon, a Ground and Dragon Type. This Pokemon hides in sandstorms it creates to avoid being seen by humans, and rarely shows itself," Toby's Rotom Phone.

"Probopass, use Flash Cannon!" Fluttershy instructed. Probopass then fired Flash Cannon, which made contact with Flygon, damaging it a little.

"Flygon, use Earth Power!" Amy instructed. Flygon then struck the ground, unleashing Earth Power on Probopass, who was able to withstand the attack.

"Now, use Ice Punch!" Fluttershy instructed. Probopass, somehow, delivered Ice Punch to Flygon, knocking it out.

"Flygon is unable to battle, the winner is Probopass!" the referee declared, as Flygon was recalled. As Amy readied her next Pokeball, Toby, Leni, and Randy all made their way back to their seats.

"Hey guys, did we miss much?" Randy asked, as they took their seats.

"Not really. The match just started, and Flora is up by one Pokemon," Lincoln replied, as Amy sent out what looked to be a Hummingbird Pokemon. It was red, and looked like a salsa dancer.

"Oricorio, Baile Style, the Dancing Pokemon, a Fire and Flying Type. It wins the hearts of its enemies with its passionate dancing and then uses the opening it creates to burn them up with blazing flames. If it's trainer give the wrong order, it becomes fiercely angry," Rotom explained.

"Wouldn't a Fire and Flying Type Pokemon be a terrible pick against Probopass?" Lori asked.

"Maybe Amy has some sort of plan?" Lisa pondered.

"Alright Oricorio, use Revelation Dance!" Amy instructed. Oricorio started dancing around, before firing a stream of Fire at Probopass.

"Probopass, try and shake it off! Then use Smack Down!" Fluttershy instructed. Probopass shook off the fire, and then chucked a rock at Oricorio.

"Smack Down is a Rock type move that prevents Flying Pokemon to fly for a while. Doing so also takes away a Flying Type Pokemon's immunity to Ground Type attacks," Rotom explained.

"Oricorio quick, use Revelation Dance!" Amy instructed. Oricorio began dancing around.

"Probopass, before it fires, use Earth Power!" Fluttershy instructed. Probopass then slammed the ground, causing Oricorio to get hit by the Ground Type move. However, Oricorio was still able to hit Probopass with Revelation dance. The result of both attacks hitting their mark made both Pokemon fall unconscious.

"Both Oricorio and Probopass are unable to battle!" the referee declared, as both trainers recalled their Pokemon.

"Amy's down to her last Pokemon, while Flora still has two of hers. Advantage, Flora," Lisa stated.

"Alright, here's my second Pokemon, Golem!" Fluttershy said, sending out her Golem.

"Gliscor, let's do this!" Amy said, sending out a large, blue bat like Pokemon with a long scorpion tail, and two massive pincers.

"Gliscor, the Fang Scorp Pokemon, a Ground and Flying Type. It observes prey while hanging inverted from branches. When the chance presents itself, it swoops!" Toby's Rotom Phone explained.

"Since Gliscor is a Ground Type, not only will Golem's Electric Type moves be ineffective, but Golem is twice as vulnerable to Ground Type moves," Silver Spoon commented.

"Gliscor, use Poison Jab!" Amy instructed. Gliscor leapt into the air, and swooped down, and struck Golem with Poison Jab.

"Golem, use Heavy Slam!" Fluttershy instructed. Surrounded in gray energy, Golem then slammed into Gliscor, which looked to cause quite a bit of damage.

"What was that move just now?" Ronnie Anne asked.

"Heavy Slam, a Steel Type Move. The more the user outweighs the target, the more damage this move does," Rotom briefly explained.

"Alright, then how about this? Gliscor, use Earthquake!" Amy instructed. Gliscor then struck the ground with it's tail, causing Earthquake to hit and knock out Golem.

"Golem is unable to battle, the winner is Gliscor!" the referee declared, as Fluttershy recalled Golem, and got out her last Pokemon.

"Alright, Primarina, it's your time to shine!" Fluttershy said, as she sent out Primarina.

"Primarina should have the advantage over Gliscor, being a Water Type and all," Toby commented.

"Gliscor quick, use back to back Poison Jabs!" Amy instructed. Gliscor once again swooped down at Primarina, it's pincers getting ready to unleash Poison Jabs a plenty.

"Primarina, stop Gliscor with Blizzard!" Fluttershy instructed. Primarina then fired off a huge snowstorm that was able to stop Gliscor's advance, "Alright, now use Sparkling Aria!" Fluttershy instructed. Primarina then began charging up for it's attack.

"Quick Gliscor, use Stone Edge! Try to block the attack!" Amy instructed. Gliscor then used Stone Edge, just as Primarina fired Sparkling Aria. Stone Edge was able to block the attack, and also deal some damage to Primarina in the process, "Alright! Now use Thunder Fang!" Gliscor then went in close, it's fangs covered in electricity.

"Primarina, use Surf!" Fluttershy instructed. Primarina then summoned a massive wave of water, that stopped Gliscor, and swamped the entire battlefield. When the water dissipated, Gliscor was revealed to have been knocked out.

"Gliscor is unable to battle, the winner is Primarina! Therefore, moving on will be Flora!" the referee declared. Both trainers then recalled their Pokemon, and exited the arena.

"Next up should be Kiawe and that Leo guy, right?" Luan asked.

"Yeah. I hope Kiawe can hold his own against Leo," Toby commented, as both trainers then entered the arena, and the battlefield switching to a rock battlefield. Once the referee relayed the rules, Kiawe sent out his Arcanine, while Leo sent in his Lucario, and with that, the battle began.


Somewhere, overlooking the ocean,

A man with pale, green hair looked out over the horizon, as a large, white Dragon Pokemon stood behind him, "They're all disappearing. The voices of the Pokemon," the man said. The Dragon Pokemon growled worriedly, "Don't worry Reshiram. We'll find the cause of this disturbance, and put an end to it," the man said.

"Excuse me?" a woman's voice asked. The man turned to see a purple haired woman in a business suit, standing before him, "Are you by chance N?" the woman asked.

"Indeed I am," the man replied.

"I'm special agent Annabelle, from the International Police. I was hoping to ask you a few questions regarding a case I'm working on?" the woman asked.

"What's the case?" N asked.

"Pokemon from various regions are disappearing in large droves. We have reason to believe that a powerful organization is behind this evil plot. Many eyewitness reports state seeing members of Team Plasma at the site when Pokemon have been disappearing," Annabelle explained.

"Hmm, I was hoping to be done with Team Plasma after what happened between me and that man," N replied.

"Well, the uniforms the Plasma Grunts were wearing looked akin to that of a pirate's outfit, father than the original knight getup that Team Plasma used to wear," Annabelle explained.

"I see. Then it really is that man," N said bitterly, as the image of Ghetsis popped into his head.

"Well, there's more. All I ask in exchange for telling you this information is for your full cooperation in aiding with the investigation," Annabelle said.

"I'll only help to bring Ghetsis to justice," N agreed, as Annabelle began relaying the information.


Back at the Pokemon League,

Complete devastation. That's the only word that could describe what happened to Kiawe and Acerola. Leo completely crushed Kiawe with only his Lucario. As for Busujima, he used all three of his Pokemon, and none of them were able to be defeated by Acerola. The same could not be said for the Ghost Trial Captain, as all three of her Ghost Pokemon were quickly defeated by Busujima's Pokemon. Both Captains were sitting in the food court, having dropped off their Pokemon to be healed. Hau's match against Mallow was currently on TV.

"I wasn't expecting to loose to a single Pokemon, and one that was weak to Fire Type moves," Kiawe commented, as he took a sip from a milk bottle.

"Tell me about it. Busujima hardly left me any breathing room. I was lucky to get in a few hits on his Pokemon, but in the end, they were all really strong," Acerola said, as Hau's Decidueye used Sky Attack to finish off Mallow's Trevenant.

"Trevenant is unable to battle, the winner is Decidueye! Therefore, the victor is Hau from Iki Town!" the referee declared.

"And now it looks like Mallow lost too," Kiawe commented.

"She's not going to be too pleased about that," Acerola commented, knowing how Mallow gets.

"And with that, the second round is over! Now we'll randomly shuffle the trainers around to figure out who battles who, and here are the matchups!" the announcer said, as the matchups came on screen, "First up is Toby VS Hau! Flora Vs Busujima! Will VS Gladion! Nico Vs Leo! Now that we're in the quarter finals, trainers will now be allowed to use up to six Pokemon at a time! So, until tomorrow, stay tuned for more updates!" the announcer declared.

"I don't know if I can take on Busujima..... he's really strong!" Fluttershy said, as she was hanging out with her friends.

"Yes, that boy is quite the brute, but not nearly as bad as that Leo kid," Rarity replied.

"I've noticed a consistent theme with Busujima. He has mostly Poison and Dark Type Pokemon," Twilight added, as they began strategizing.

"Man, I never though you and I would end up going up against each other, Toby," Hau commented.

"Well, it was bound to happen eventually," Toby replied.

"Well, let's hold nothing back against each other, and go all out!" Hau declared.

"Sounds good," Toby replied.

"But the last matchup should be interesting. Nico is really strong, and so is that Leo guy," Silver Spoon commented.

"I can't even tell who will move on between those two," Season Harvest replied.

"Speaking of opponents, I don't see Gladion anywhere," Will commented.

"Maybe he's back in his room for the night?" Cadence replied.

"Could be. Gladion is a solitary character, after all," Lisa commented, as they all continued to converse.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Aggron (M), Arcanine (M), Magmortar (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M),












Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Hawlucha (M), Absol (F), Steelix (M), Alolan Golem (M), Probopass (M)












Toby: Metagross* (N/A), Alolan Raichu (F), Delphox (F), Gardevoir* (F), Heracross (M), Scizor (M)













Serenity: Lopunny (F), Burmy (Plant Cloak)(F), Baltoy (N/A), Corsola* (F), Dwebble (M), Floette (Blue Flower)(F)















Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Goodra* (F), , Kingdra* (M), Qwilfish (F), Glaceon (F), Gallade (M),












Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)












Lori: Skarmory (F)











Leni: Milotic (F)










Luna: Houndour (F)











Luan: Galarian Mr. Mime (M)










Lynn: Gyarados (M)











Lucy: Sandile (F)












Lana: Minccinno (F)












Lola: Frillish (F)











Lisa: Elgyem (M)











In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (M), Kingler (F), Macargo (M) Camerupt, (M) Pyroar (M), Floatzel (F), Breloom (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (M), Ferrothorn (M), Manectric (F), Eelektross (F), Helioisk (M), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (M), Shiftry (M), Gourgeist (Large Size)(M), Cofagrigus (F), Chandelure (F), Dusknoir (F), Banette (M), Mimikyu (M), Gengar (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Haxorus (M), Conkeldurr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pangoro (M), Meinshao (F), Toxicroak (M), Lucario (M), Dragonite (M), Poipole (N/A), Alolan Muk (F), Trevenant* (M), Goodra (M) , Zebstrika (M), Totem Sized Vikavolt (M), Totem Sized Kommo-o (M), Crawdaunt (M), Barbaracle (M))












Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Feraligatr (M), Macargo (M), Growlithe (F), Magmortar (M), Litleo (F), Blaziken (M), Vaporeon (M), Umbreon (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) , Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Bisharp* (F) Zoroark*(F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Cofagrigus (M), Chandelure (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Gengar* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmontop (M), Pangoro (M), Toxicroak (F), Meinshao (F), Swanna (F), Poipole (N/A), Bronzong (N/A), Tyranitar (M), Totem Sized Araquanid (M), Totem Sized Lurantis (F), Toucannon (F), , Meganium (F), Aipom (F), Altaria (F), Camerupt (F), Torterra (M),, Crabominable (M)










Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Floatzel (M), Clawitzer (F), Crawdaunt (M), Macargo (F), Magmortar (M), Camerupt (M),, Shiftry (M), Tangrowth (F), Roserade (F), Ferrothorn (M), Gothitelle (F), Reuniclus (M) Goodra (F), Incineroar (M), Espeon (F), Luxray (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aggron (M), Bronzong (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Dragalge (M), Arcanine (M) Bisharp (F), Flareon (F), , Gengar (M), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Chandelure (M), Dusknoir (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Cofagrigus (F), Lucario* (M), Kommo-o (M), Haxorus (M), Timburr (M), Pancham (F), Croagunk (M), Meinfoo (F), Garchomp (M), Tyrogue (M), Dragonite* (F), Noivern (M), Poipole (N/A), Drapion* (M), Ninetails (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Meltan (N/A), Totem Sized Salazzle (F), Totem Sized Marowak (M), Hatterene (F), Liligant (F), Sceptile (M), Alakazam (M), Charizard (M) Empoleon (M), Mawile (F), Alolan Ninetails (Snowball)(F), Tsareena*(F), Turtonator (M)














Serenity: Vikavolt (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), , Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M), Jangmo-o (M), Gible (F), Dragonair (M), Axew (M), Riolu (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonlee (M), Pancham (M), Croagunk (F), Meinfoo (F), Poipole (N/A), Budew (F), Seedot (F), Mareep*(M), Totem Sized Raticate (F), Totem Sized Togedemaru (F), Totem Sized Ribombee (F), Sylveon* (M), Pachirisu* (F), Pignite (M), Tangela (M), Spinda (M)












Silver Spoon: Floatzel (M), Dragalge (F), Crawdaunt (F), Kingler (M), Plusle (F), Macargo (F), Pyroar (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Roselia (F), Ferroseed (M), Clawitzer (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Eelektross (M), Aggron (F), Bronzong (N/A), Bisharp (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Breloom (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Electivire (M) Butterfree* (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Chandelure (M), Cofagrigus (F), Gourgeist (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M), Kommo-o (M), Garchomp (F), Dragonite (M), Haxorus (M), Lucario (M), Timburr (M), Hitmonchan (M), Pancham* (M), Croagunk (F), Meinshao (M), Hippowdon (F), Poipole (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Gengar (M), Blastoise (F), Serperior (F), Totem Sized Gumshoos (M), Totem Sized Mimikyu (M), Furfrou (F),l Gameow (M)

PreviousChapters Next